NBA 2022/23 b2b ili problemi u raju?

Miki28 Teoljub

Lepa pobeda posle onako uzasnog poraza od Indy a i u prvom mecu protiv PTB kuci. Rekao sam da cu im oprostiti oba poraza ako doobiju vcrs, i ispunili su. Ok, nisu igrali Lilly i Hart, nama je falio Lonnie, svakako smo bili kompletniji, ali pobeda je pobeda, znao je PTB da iznenadi i bez glavnih poluga.

King 31p 12/18 FG, 6/8 3PM, 8ass 7sk 1blk nije lose; Rivs przi u poslednje vreme. Russ konacno u primerenoj ulozi gde je koristan. Da imamo mesto Nunna mrtvog Monkica, bilo bi to bas lepa ekipica. Sledi Kee, ne volim meceve sa njima

Edited by delgado

31 minutes ago, Miki28 said:

Al se upalio, i to za 3/4. Ipak najjace mi sto mu je 4 50+ partija i tek 1 pobjeda.

È sad ima dosta ozbiljnije i bolje suigrače. Sjećam se kad je Bostonu dao u TD gardenu 70 a ovi ih ugazili 20 razlike. Times change 

Pa dobro, mozda ne mora above 0.500 ali 3/6 definitivno mogu da se dobiju. Washington i Detroit svakako moraju i onda jos jedna, iako jesu 4 teska gostovanja al cekaj pa mi imamo Lebrona i AD. Poceli smo da igramo bolje, protiv Indijane coukovali ali i Indiana ima odlican skor, Finix nas nije ugazio bez Kinga, definitivno bi 3 pobede od narednih 6 bile sasvim ok. 

• Like 1

Kada Book krene da trpa to izgleda kao najlakše trpanje na svetu, efortless, lagani ulazi, lagani šutevi. Strašan igrač za kojeg je potrebno spremati uvek posebne odbrane, sa udvajanjima. Čikago je užasno razočarenje, ali to ne umanjuje razbijački potencijal Book-Ayton tandema.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, freethrow said:

@gggggggg

Nemam ja neki posebno strastven odnos prema Wisemanu. Ima 3, od ove godine i 4 prilično perspektivna mladića i to redom Kuminga, Moody, Wiseman i Baldwin. Računam da će barem 2 da postanu igrači NBA koji mogu u jakoj ekipi da igraju 20tak minuta a da se tim ne raspadne i da će jedan od preostalih da uspe da ima ugovore. Pričao sam malo i sa Uinijem danas, ne znam da li se sećate početaka Wigginsa u GSW - davljenje lopte, bez zagrađivanja, slabu skoku, odbrana solidna ali ništa posebno. Komplikovano je zaigrati dobro u Kerrovom sistemu i potrebno je vreme, čak i za maltene allstar igrače. Kuminga je protiv Dalasa radio sve ono što treba da radi - zagrađivao jako, skakao, izlazio na banane iz drugog plana u odbrani, a u napadu nije bio ballstopper - odmah ili kucanje ili onaj lepi pivot koji je naučio, kao up and under ili dodavanje. Nema pauziranja. Wisemanu je sve to mnogo teže, a nije lik koji će samo da uzme loptu koust tu koust i da prikuca ili baci Magic Johnson pas. Polako.

A sad, da je bust u smislu da je kao drugi pik do sada trebalo da bude makar član startne petorke, to mogu da se složim. Jbg, liga je kao neka brza reka, svake godine uskače jedno stotinak novih klinaca najboljih na svetu i otprilike toliko ih se i udavi... Videćemo.

karijera u warriorsima je gotova najverovatnije. njemu treba neki fresh start u nekom raspadu od ekipe pa da igra bez pritiska i da tu 'uci'.

38 minutes ago, gggggggg said:

karijera u warriorsima je gotova najverovatnije. njemu treba neki fresh start u nekom raspadu od ekipe pa da igra bez pritiska i da tu 'uci'.

Spoiler

Kawakami: Why Jonathan Kuminga is rising with the Warriors and James Wiseman and Moses Moody are not

By Tim Kawakami

Nov 30, 2022

There are several clear cautionary examples much mentioned inside Warriors HQ, but Eric Paschall’s brief flourish and precipitous fall in this organization might be the most compelling illustration of them all.

Wondering why Jonathan Kuminga is back in the main rotation and Moses Moody and James Wiseman are very much not? Seeking the secret formula for a young player’s success — or failure — on this unique team? Go back to Paschall, I was told. It doesn’t get plainer than that.

Remember when Paschall was a rookie on the rise in 2019-20? That was the season injuries limited Stephen Curry to only five games, Draymond Green dragged himself through 43 of them, D’Angelo Russell lasted for only 33 games before he was traded away for Andrew Wiggins and the Warriors won only 15 times, clocking the worst record in the league. But Paschall, a second-round pick, was the isolated bright spot in a sluggish offense, scoring 14 points a game, looking strong and energetic at power forward and winning a spot on the All-Rookie first team.

Then the next season arrived, Curry and Draymond came back at close to full force and the Warriors started moving the ball around and playing to Curry’s rhythm … when they turned into the Warriors again. And Paschall, who thrived in the slower, isolation-heavy system without Curry, could never find his footing.

He aimlessly held onto the ball. (There is no greater affront to Steve Kerr Basketball than holding onto the ball or fumbling it instead of moving it to the next guy.) He forced shots. He struggled on defense. He lost his confidence. He meant well. But he didn’t get it. So Paschall was shuffled around the rotation, spent some time as the second-unit center and then barely played after March 15, which, not totally coincidentally, was right about when the Warriors started their late push into the Play-In tournament.

Paschall was traded the next offseason and now he’s out of the league. Really, there’s not a huge trick to playing with Curry and Draymond; it’s about good, smart, uncluttered basketball. Pass it if somebody else is open. Then make a cut. Take the shot when it’s there. Don’t ever hesitate. Play defense. Don’t try to do too much. Always look for Curry, always look for where Curry is going. Basic stuff at a high level. It’s won four championships for this franchise and might win a few more. Draymond is going to the Hall of Fame because he has perfected this style.

If you can play on this team, you probably can play anywhere. If you can’t play on this team, you might not have a spot on a winning situation anywhere.

And here’s why Kuminga suddenly has jumped into the rotation over the last few games, capped by his surging 14-point, 10-rebound, plus-21 performance in Tuesday’s 116-113 loss in Dallas: After some fitful times last season and into this one, he’s learned the Paschall Lesson. He’s running the floor. He’s defending without fouling (much). He’s passing the ball when it comes to him. He’s leaving the shooting to Curry, Klay Thompson, Jordan Poole and Wiggins. And when Curry or Draymond have it, he either screens for them or cuts to the basket. Keep it simple and just let his enormous athletic abilities take over when he’s not getting into anybody else’s way.

I suspect it all started in last Friday’s win over Utah, when Kerr put him in for a few more minutes than usual and Kuminga responded by putting up 0 shots and scoring 0 points in 13 minutes. He grabbed 3 rebounds, had 1 assist, played good defense, set some screens for Curry and didn’t muck up the flow. Perfect!

That led to more minutes in Sunday’s victory in Minnesota. And then: the 26-minute breakthrough on Tuesday.

“Best game I’ve ever seen JK play,” Kerr told reporters in Dallas, “because everything he did contributed towards making an impact on winning. His defense on Luka (Dončić) was fantastic, he was disciplined, he stayed down, he challenged shots. … He stayed patient offensively, he just took the shots that were there, he knocked down a big 3. JK was fantastic; he’s really coming into his own, and that’s very exciting.”

Meanwhile, Moody got another DNP and is completely out of the rotation. And, of course, Wiseman is in the G League with no clear timetable for his return. They’re very different players than Paschall and each other, but they’re both currently flunking Advanced Warriors Basketball Geometry.

Curry’s brief explanation of what Kuminga did well against Dallas: “Do what you’re asked to do, play with confidence, use your God-given abilities. And that’s what he did today.”

Some or all of this might change at any time, of course. Kerr loves to play everybody on the roster and often does; the flip side of that is he often benches guys without warning, like he did to Kuminga earlier this season for a few games and he has with Moody and Wiseman.

But things are starting to feel pretty fixed with the Warriors these days. Once Kerr moved Draymond into the second unit a few games ago, it solidified the entire 10-man rotation. You have the solid five starters. And the main backups are Jordan Poole, Donte DiVincenzo, JaMychal Green, Anthony Lamb and now Kuminga.

The better the Warriors play, the less likely it is that Moody will get many chances to work back into the rotation. And at this point, I think it would take an injury to somebody else for Wiseman to get back anywhere near a regular role on this team this season. Or maybe ever again. Which is a huge U-turn from last offseason, when the Warriors still figured that Wiseman was a central part of their present and future. They planned for Wiseman and Poole to be the foundations of a new second unit, playing with a bit less of a free-flowing style to take advantage of some pick-and-roll possibilities with the two. And maybe that energy would carry over into the next decade or so, post-Curry.

But that combination never went anywhere because Poole started very slowly and Wiseman just fizzled. So Kerr juggled it up, moved Draymond into that group to settle things down … and to get them playing the regular Warriors style. Ball movement, no hesitations, strong defense, no mucking around. It’s working, partly because Wiseman is nowhere near it.

On Tuesday, the Warriors’ starting lineup, which has been the best five-man group in the league this season, got walloped at the start and it was the reserves who pulled the team back into the game. Every Warriors starter was a minus in plus-minus. Every Warriors backup except JaMychal Green (who was minus-2) was plus-13 or better.

“If they play like they did tonight,” Curry said of the second unit, “we’re going to be a helluva team.”

After starting 3-7, the Warriors are now 8-4 over their last 12 games and have the 11th-ranked defense over this period. They’re still 22nd ranked overall, but the trend is upward. Things are solidifying. They don’t look overmatched on the road. The second unit is holding its own.

And Kuminga is in the mix.

“I think everything he did was in the spirit of trying to make winning plays,” Curry said of Kuminga. “It was amazing to see. He was guarding, physical, smart, weak-side blocks, rebounds, making the open pass, he hit a big 3 down the stretch. All that stuff is huge. For his confidence, I hope he’s proud of the way he played and understands there’s a reason he played 26 minutes. Because Coach loved what he saw.”

This isn’t just about Paschall. That entire 2020-21 Warriors season essentially was a clearing-house campaign: All the different good, bad, sustainable and unfixable elements of that roster were identified and all the necessary decisions were made from there.

Kelly Oubre Jr., Paschall and Brad Wanamaker didn’t work, so they all eventually were discarded. Wiseman, in his rookie season, might’ve been the worst one of them all — hesitant, foul-prone, too often completely disconnected from everything else that was going on. But back then, he was too young and far too talented to discard. The next offseason, the Warriors added Gary Payton II, Otto Porter Jr., Nemanja Bjelica and Andre Iguodala, who all fit the system, and they won the title. (It was no coincidence that this happened while Wiseman was out the entire season with a knee injury.)

And right now, I’m getting 2020-21 clearing-house vibes from the early parts of this season. Wiseman struggled again and has been removed from the discussion. He’s still young, but early this season he looked like almost the same player he was as a rookie. He was hesitant, he was disconnected from the flow, he regularly ruined Curry’s minutes (which are valuable!) and the second unit was a debacle whenever Wiseman was out there.

If you think of Wiseman as a super-sized, far more talented version of Paschall … well, I don’t think that’s way off. At least in a Warriors context. There’s still time for Wiseman. He’s tremendously talented. He works hard. He’s only played 50 NBA games. But that’s part of the problem, too: He’s not adding to that total now because the Warriors can’t afford to have him make mistakes with them. I’m not sure when they ever will be able to afford it.

Moody’s a different case; he surely will get some playing time again this season. Kerr’s decision to remove Moody from the rotation was a mystery at the start. Moody was steady as a rookie last season and was trusted enough to get plopped into the main rotation for a few games in the middle of the Western Conference finals. But this deep into the season, it feels more understandable. Right now, Kerr trusts Lamb and others to run his system; and Kerr just doesn’t trust Moody to make quick decisions, move the ball, defend without fouling and keep the mojo going.

There are guys who connect wonderfully with the unique electrical currents created by Curry. And there are absolutely guys who don’t. The Warriors treasure the guys who do. They don’t have free playing time or roster spots for those who don’t.

It sounds blunt, but it’s the true Warriors Way. It’s how they win. And if you want to figure it out, you have to look at it the way the Warriors do. They see the guys who can do it. They see the guys who can’t. Sometimes it’s just that simple.

• Like 1

Okačio sam Tima Kawakamija što je pisao za Athletic. Sve je na Wisemanu, GSW ima možda najsurovije kriterijume za igrače. Kako lepo kaže na primeru Paschalla, momka koji je dokazao da može da ima respektabilnu statistiku u NBA:

He aimlessly held onto the ball. (There is no greater affront to Steve Kerr Basketball than holding onto the ball or fumbling it instead of moving it to the next guy.) He forced shots. He struggled on defense. He lost his confidence. He meant well. But he didn’t get it. So Paschall was shuffled around the rotation, spent some time as the second-unit center and then barely played after March 15, which, not totally coincidentally, was right about when the Warriors started their late push into the Play-In tournament.

Paschall was traded the next offseason and now he’s out of the league.

Really, there’s not a huge trick to playing with Curry and Draymond; it’s about good, smart, uncluttered basketball. Pass it if somebody else is open. Then make a cut. Take the shot when it’s there. Don’t ever hesitate. Play defense. Don’t try to do too much. Always look for Curry, always look for where Curry is going. Basic stuff at a high level. It’s won four championships for this franchise and might win a few more. Draymond is going to the Hall of Fame because he has perfected this style.

Ista priča je sa Oubreom, samo što se on snašao u Šarlotu. Bjelica je bio sjajan kad se sada pogleda u retrospektivi. David West, Payton, Otto Porter. 

Ukoliko Wiseman to ukapira, može da bude jako dobar. Sada svi čekamo da vidimo Kumingine sledeće utakmice.