Izvan i iza turnira

wwww

On Wednesday, Tsitsipas declined to say whether he has been vaccinated.

"I'm sorry but I'm not able to provide any of my medical records," he said.

E ovako je trebalo svi oni da odgovaraju od samog pocetka, pa nek novinari onda smisljaju o cemu ce da pisu. Ne daj boze da pisu o tenisu!

da stavim i ovde informaciju o imunitetu onih koji su bili inficirani:

Udruzenje Virologa Nemacke je 30.9. izdalo saopstenje o imunitetu onih koji su bili zarazeni:

https://g-f-v.org/2021/09/30/4411/

In a large number of studies it has been shown that a SARS-CoV-2 infection in humans leads to the formation of immunological memory cells, which are the actual protective mechanism of the immune system against a new disease. For example, they ensure that when you come into contact with the pathogen again, antibodies are produced very quickly that are much more effective than the antibodies that were present immediately after the first infection. In particular, they are able to efficiently neutralize variants of SARS-CoV-2. This could be shown in those who have recovered who came into contact with parts of SARS-CoV2 again through a vaccination. Even if the antibody levels that are still present after renewed contact with the virus are not high enough to completely prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2, the rapid memory response of our immune system can at least ensure that serious disease courses are prevented.

In the meantime, there are also some observational studies on the protection of those recovering from re-infection. Data from several countries show that people who have been through a SARS-CoV-2 infection are very well protected against re-infection or illness, and that this protection also extends to virus variants, including the delta variant. In the first six months after the infection, the protection against renewed SARS-CoV-2 infection is at least as good as the protection of those who have been completely vaccinated. In addition, the studies show that a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection still provides excellent protection against reinfections and severe COVID-19 disease courses even after one year.

Conclusions:

• The proven duration of protection after a SARS-CoV-2 infection is at least one year. From an immunological point of view, a significantly longer duration of protection can be assumed, but due to the limited observation period this has not yet been proven by relevant studies.
  • On the basis of these current findings, those who have recovered should initially be treated the same as those who have been completely vaccinated for at least one year in the case of regulations on pandemic control (e.g. compulsory testing).
  • A review of the recommended time of vaccination after surviving SARS-CoV-2 infection is recommended.

u sustini: imunitet traje bar godinu dana od infekcije (a mozda i duze, samo sto za to treba da prodje vreme i dalje posmatranje da se ustanovi koliko dugo) i ti ljudi treba da budu tretirani kao potpuno vakcinisani.

Edited by wwww

Ameri daju bitno vise para od ostalih ali nisam sigurna da je na kraju razlika u parama bas toliko velika,  teniseri placaju porez u drzavi u kojoj su zaradili, pretpostavljam da je tamo porez veci a i troskovi svega, to ne znamo

There are so many negative people out there. I could name names but I don’t want to. [Actually] I do want to name names because I do want to call them out, but at the same time I don’t even want them to know that I give a s–t about them because they have no say in my life. [He then names three of America’s most prominent tennis writers, but asks me not to use their names. But then he continued.]

I will say one name. Chris Fowler tweeted about Carlos Alcaraz, the youngest man to make a Slam quarterfinal. He tweeted, “What a shame that he threw in the towel, hope that this isn’t a pattern.” That was pathetic.

Q: But Alcaraz is just 18, he plays in the shadow of Rafa and he was balling in New York and had a great run.

I tweeted back at Fowler saying, “After everything Carlos showed us this week, you’re really going to question his courage?” That’s one take that’s terrible. This guy is on ESPN, he does college football, he shouldn’t work another tennis match. It hurts the sport because ESPN has a lot of guys who are following football or don’t know Carlos Alcaraz…and don’t know anything about tennis and they’re like, “This young kid just completely just walked off the court, what an idiot, what a jackass.” That just can’t happen. If I’m commissioner of tennis, that’s one offense too much.

mogu da se kladim da je jedno od imena koje je pomenuo Ben Rotenberg (koji je dao potpuno odgovara).

Edited by wwww

Q: What about your core generation, Frances Tiafoe, Tommy Paul and Taylor Fritz – fresh energy, working hard?

We’re all friends, no bad blood. We’re not the next Agassi, Sampras or Courier. Do you know how many times I’ve been asked that? Can I finally say, ’I don’t know and I don’t f–king care.” All I know is that I like Frances, Tommy and Fritz. We have fun and travel the world. Frances came from Sierra Leone and has done an incredible job…Tommy Paul’s from Greenville, North Carolina. He didn’t come from money, he didn’t have a coach. His mom saved up money, traveled to every tournament, no matter how far. Same thing for me. I’m not from much money. I have two great parents. They gave me every resource and went into debt. We came from nothing. It’s all perspective. 

Q: Many tennis players have been into art. Vitas Gerulaitis, Wojciech Fibak, Ivan Lendl, Milos Raonic and even John McEnroe.

McEnroe’s made more money off of one painting than he did in his career earnings. He has plenty of paintings like that. We’re talking serious art: Andy Warhol, Basquiat, and he has four Philip Gustons, who is my favorite artist. That’s pretty wild. He’s a really sweet guy. I’ve always gotten along well with guys like McEnroe because it’s impossible to have a problem with them because he tells you everything he’s feeling. He just shoots straight and tells me how it is. And on top of that there are not many people that have four Philip Guston paintings, Basquiat, Picassos, and Warhols and lived through the 70s and 80s era of rock and roll and tennis. People just think of him as mentally crazy, a hothead New York guy….[But] he was incredibly, incredibly optimistic at Laver Cup. He’s misunderstood…He’s a genius. He’s brilliant and cultured. He’s a rock star. 

Edited by wwww
  • Like 1

Q: Stefanos Tsitsipas was criticized heavily by Zverev in Cincy and by Murray in New York for gamesmanship, for taking long breaks that they claimed changed the momentum.   

I took long bathroom breaks in Toronto and got criticized, but, again, they don’t even know the situation. Again, that’s why the tennis media sucks. They don’t even know. It took me six minutes to walk to a bathroom. It takes me three to four minutes to take off my sweaty socks and put dry socks on, change out my orthotics to a different pair of shoes and then re-tie those shoes. At the US Open, I changed against Basilashvili super quick in two minutes and he was complaining and I was like, “Dude, what do you want me to do?’ Like who the f–k are you to complain? You’re just complaining because Murray complained and it’s the cool thing to do now.”

Part of me is salty, but there’s truth to both sides. If he’s taking a bathroom break and he’s not changing then there is no excuse. 

Q: Few ATP guys are inspired by WTA players. You’ve spoken glowingly about Venus.

She’s an absolute badass. I learned more from her than any other active player. She’s brilliant – a fierce competitor. She works extremely differently than anyone else. The great ones think differently. And she’s hilarious – she has a great sense of humor. I enjoy being around her and learning from her.

Q: She seems to be in her own dimension. How does her mind work?

She’s insanely competitive – as fierce as there’s ever been. Absolutely cannot tolerate losing – it makes her sick to think about it. She doesn’t even reflect on her wins. She stays in the moment. If it weren’t for Serena she’d be the greatest woman player of all time. Then again, there’s no Serena without Venus. So you almost have to give it to them both.

2 minutes ago, ciao said:

Promaklo mi ovo za Zaroma Chardy da je zavrsio sa tenisom za ovu godinu zbog vakcine, kaze od kad se vakcinisao ne moze ni da trenira ni da igra, jesmo stavljali to?

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/ATP_Tennis/102939/taking-vaccine-and-doing-common-good-for-humanity-force-jeremy-chardy-to-end-season/

Stavljali smo vec, mozda ti promaklo.

Stavljali smo i da je Sofia Kenin vakcinisana (moze biti s JJ vakcinom, koja ima manju efikasnost) i inficirala se, pa ne igra od pre USO, jer izgleda nije prosla nesimptomaticno.

• Thanks 1

https://www.ubitennis.net/2021/10/unvaccinated-players-could-be-allowed-to-play-australian-open/

Shedding light on the current situation, former player Casey Dellacqua confirmed that the tournament will once again be implementing a bubble but there will be ‘competitive opportunities to play.’ Players will also have to travel to the country via charter flights.

“We’ve had conversations with the players already and the communication is on the conditions we know currently,” she said. “Obviously the landscape is changing so we hope these conditions will change.’
“We know the Australian Open will go ahead during the last two weeks of January and we know there will be a bubble where they will have competitive opportunities to play. But we can only go on what we are working on now.”

When questioned about the rules which will be used regarding player vaccinations, Dellacqua didn’t give a definitive answer as to who will or will not be allowed to play. However, she has suggested that it is possible that those who are unvaccinated will be able to play but could be at a disadvantage compared to those who are.

“Our (Tennis Australia) message to the players is if you want the best conditions, the best piece of advice is go and get vaccinated,” she stated. “I think it’s the Tour’s responsibility to take the lead in vaccinations.’
“What I can say is the players who are coming out to Australia, the ones who are unvaccinated versus the ones who are vaccinated – their conditions will look quite different.” Dellacqua added without commenting on what kind of conditions she means.

znaci: svi idu u mehur (bez obzira da li su vakcinisani), a nevakcinisani ce imati ostrije mere (ko zna koje).

Delakva prica o medjusezoni, kako se nada da ce tad igraci iskoristiti priliku da se vakcinisu. Kako ako je medjusezona za neke prilicno kratka, a razmak izmedju 2 doze npr. Fajzera je 6 sedmica?

https://sport.orf.at/stories/3085505/

Tim poceo da udara malcice neke mekane loptice, racuna da ce u novembru da pocne pravo treniranje.

NIje se jos vakcinisao, ceka Novavax (neko mu preporucio), ali ako ova ne bude na vreme odobrena vakcinisace se prvom sledecom koju mu preporuce a da bi stigao na vreme da bude imunizovan za AO (on pominje 26. novembar kao datum do kad se mora biti imunizovan - sad, da li je pod tim misli 2 sedmice posle 2, doze ili da do tada bude primljena 2. doza).

Edited by wwww