Kafana pod obručima

Kronostime

danas me je neki sled asocijacija & sistema dedukcije doveo do ovog velikog underground hita, pa neka to bude moj hit dana:

"Rippin Kittin" is the first single from the duo Miss Kittin and Golden Boy's 2001 album Or. The 12" version of the single was released in 2001 on Ladomat 2000. It was re-released in 2002 by Zomba Records and Illustrious Records.

• Like 1

Zajedničko za ove dve pesme je da su obe sa poslednjeg albuma koje je umetnik snimio za života, i to dok je bio svestan skorog i neumitnog kraja. Zanimljiv je kontrast u doživljavanju koncepta smrti. Svakako je Bouvijeva pesma mračnija, Fredijeva pozitivnost i ljubav ka životu čak i u tim trenucima nekako teže padaju. Duboki bol skriven iza osmeha koji gleda pravo u dušu. Inside my heart is breaking / My makeup may be flaking / But my smile, still, stays on

Spoiler

Freddie Mercury's deeply upsetting final days - agonising pain but wrapped in love

Queen legend Freddie Mercury died from AIDS 30 years ago today, and partner Jim Hutton shared a devastating but touching insight into their final days together

It's the 30th anniversary of the day that Freddie Mercury died after a long battle with AIDS.

The Queen star, who was 45 at the time, slipped away at his beloved home, Garden Lodge, in Kensington, London, having been diagnosed in 1987.

And his partner Jim Hutton - who died from lung cancer in 2010 aged just 60 - documented Freddie's final days, sharing the grief and agony that were sprinkled with moments of love and joy.

In the month before his death, the couple holidayed to Switzerland. But on their return, it was clear to Jim that Freddie's condition was deteriorating.

Once back at Garden Lodge, the singer took to his bed where he slept and watched television with a rotation of trusted friends including Jim and his ex-girlfriend, Mary Austin.

Despite reports claiming Freddie's bedroom was turned into a 'mini hospital', Jim said the only sign of illness was a drip stand by the bed in case the star needed a blood transfusion.

According to Jim's account in his autobiography, Mercury and Me, Freddie decided to stop taking all medication apart from painkillers two weeks before his death.

As he grew weaker, he also stopped eating solid foods, consuming only fruit and fruit juices.

Witnessing the star vanishing before their eyes, Jim said there was some debate about removing the wedding ring he had given to Freddie in case his fingers swelled after he'd gone.

But Freddie was adamant that it stay, and was even cremated with it.

It was on Thursday, November 21 that Jim realised his time with Freddie was coming to an end. It was the last time the ailing star managed to muster the strength to appear at his bedroom window and shout 'cooee' to Jim as he tended the garden.

Jim wrote: "I knew that the end was very near. That night I took special care of him. He dozed and I lay next to him on top of the bed. He only had to elbow me gently and I’d be awake if he wanted anything.

"When dawn broke, I was already wide awake, quietly watching television. Freddie was still asleep, cuddled inside my arm and holding on to my hand.

"Every so often he’d softly squeeze it. 'Do you love me?' he’d asked when he woke. More than ever he wanted to hear how much he was treasured. 'Yes, I love you,' I whispered and kissed him on the forehead."

On the morning of November 24, Freddie woke at 6am and spoke what would be his last two words: 'Pee, Pee'.

After helping the 'terribly weak' star to the toilet, Jim carried him back to the bed. But as he lowered him, he heard a 'deafening crack'.

"It sounded like one of Freddie’s bones breaking, cracking like the branch of a tree. He screamed out in pain and went into a convulsion," Jim said of the heartbreaking scenes.

As Freddie slipped off into sleep, the doctor arrived and stayed with him all afternoon and into the evening.

As soon as he left, Jim went to join Freddie who indicted that he needed the toilet. Uncertain about carrying him after the awful events of the morning, Jim went to get help.

But by the time he returned, he said Freddie had had an accident. And it was as he changed the sheets and put his partner into clean clothes that Freddie made his final motion before passing away.

Jim recalled: "As I was changing Freddie into a clean T-shirt and pair of boxer shorts, I felt him try to raise his left leg to help a little. It was the last thing he did. I looked down at him, knowing he was dead."

Devastated, Jim took Freddie in his arms and kissed him. His eyes were still open but the pain and suffering had disappeared from his face.

"I can remember the expression on his face – and when I go to sleep every night, it’s still there in front of me," Jim continued.

"He looked radiant. One minute he was a boy with a gaunt, sad little face and the next he was a picture of ecstasy. Freddie’s whole face went back to everything it had been before. He looked finally and totally at peace. Seeing him like that made me happy in my sadness. I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. I knew that he was no longer in pain."

There was a wind-up carriage clock by the bed that Jim had given to Freddie, and he stopped the fly-wheel at the exact time of his passing.

"It read 12 minutes past seven," he added. "I’ve never started it again."

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, robespierre said:

Zajedničko za ove dve pesme je da su obe sa poslednjeg albuma koje je umetnik snimio za života, i to dok je bio svestan skorog i neumitnog kraja. Zanimljiv je kontrast u doživljavanju koncepta smrti. Svakako je Bouvijeva pesma mračnija, Fredijeva pozitivnost i ljubav ka životu čak i u tim trenucima nekako teže padaju. Duboki bol skriven iza osmeha koji gleda pravo u dušu. Inside my heart is breaking / My makeup may be flaking / But my smile, still, stays on

Reveal hidden contents

Freddie Mercury's deeply upsetting final days - agonising pain but wrapped in love

Queen legend Freddie Mercury died from AIDS 30 years ago today, and partner Jim Hutton shared a devastating but touching insight into their final days together

It's the 30th anniversary of the day that Freddie Mercury died after a long battle with AIDS.

The Queen star, who was 45 at the time, slipped away at his beloved home, Garden Lodge, in Kensington, London, having been diagnosed in 1987.

And his partner Jim Hutton - who died from lung cancer in 2010 aged just 60 - documented Freddie's final days, sharing the grief and agony that were sprinkled with moments of love and joy.

In the month before his death, the couple holidayed to Switzerland. But on their return, it was clear to Jim that Freddie's condition was deteriorating.

Once back at Garden Lodge, the singer took to his bed where he slept and watched television with a rotation of trusted friends including Jim and his ex-girlfriend, Mary Austin.

Despite reports claiming Freddie's bedroom was turned into a 'mini hospital', Jim said the only sign of illness was a drip stand by the bed in case the star needed a blood transfusion.

According to Jim's account in his autobiography, Mercury and Me, Freddie decided to stop taking all medication apart from painkillers two weeks before his death.

As he grew weaker, he also stopped eating solid foods, consuming only fruit and fruit juices.

Witnessing the star vanishing before their eyes, Jim said there was some debate about removing the wedding ring he had given to Freddie in case his fingers swelled after he'd gone.

It was on Thursday, November 21 that Jim realised his time with Freddie was coming to an end. It was the last time the ailing star managed to muster the strength to appear at his bedroom window and shout 'cooee' to Jim as he tended the garden.

Jim wrote: "I knew that the end was very near. That night I took special care of him. He dozed and I lay next to him on top of the bed. He only had to elbow me gently and I’d be awake if he wanted anything.

"When dawn broke, I was already wide awake, quietly watching television. Freddie was still asleep, cuddled inside my arm and holding on to my hand.

"Every so often he’d softly squeeze it. 'Do you love me?' he’d asked when he woke. More than ever he wanted to hear how much he was treasured. 'Yes, I love you,' I whispered and kissed him on the forehead."

On the morning of November 24, Freddie woke at 6am and spoke what would be his last two words: 'Pee, Pee'.

After helping the 'terribly weak' star to the toilet, Jim carried him back to the bed. But as he lowered him, he heard a 'deafening crack'.

"It sounded like one of Freddie’s bones breaking, cracking like the branch of a tree. He screamed out in pain and went into a convulsion," Jim said of the heartbreaking scenes.

As Freddie slipped off into sleep, the doctor arrived and stayed with him all afternoon and into the evening.

As soon as he left, Jim went to join Freddie who indicted that he needed the toilet. Uncertain about carrying him after the awful events of the morning, Jim went to get help.

But by the time he returned, he said Freddie had had an accident. And it was as he changed the sheets and put his partner into clean clothes that Freddie made his final motion before passing away.

Jim recalled: "As I was changing Freddie into a clean T-shirt and pair of boxer shorts, I felt him try to raise his left leg to help a little. It was the last thing he did. I looked down at him, knowing he was dead."

Devastated, Jim took Freddie in his arms and kissed him. His eyes were still open but the pain and suffering had disappeared from his face.

"I can remember the expression on his face – and when I go to sleep every night, it’s still there in front of me," Jim continued.

"He looked radiant. One minute he was a boy with a gaunt, sad little face and the next he was a picture of ecstasy. Freddie’s whole face went back to everything it had been before. He looked finally and totally at peace. Seeing him like that made me happy in my sadness. I felt an overwhelming sense of relief. I knew that he was no longer in pain."

There was a wind-up carriage clock by the bed that Jim had given to Freddie, and he stopped the fly-wheel at the exact time of his passing.

ako vec tako opisujes, pre bih uzeo "living on my own", to je valjda isti album

"show must go on" dozivljavam rekapitulaciono, kao "my way" ali jednostavno nije toliko dobra

that being said, living..je ono po cemu pamtim fredijev oprostaj, a bowiev sa blackstar. mada ne gotivim oprostaje, bolji su peakovi druzenja

Edited by uini
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, uini said:

ako vec tako opisujes, pre bih uzeo "living on my own", to je valjda isti album

"show must go on" dozivljavam rekapitulaciono, kao "my way" ali jednostavno nije toliko dobra

that being said, living..je ono po cemu pamtim fredijev oprostaj, a bowiev sa blackstar. mada ne gotivim oprostaje, bolji su peakovi druzenja

Ne, to uopšte nije Queen nego Fredi solo, i tekst je o Greti Garbo... Ali eto još jedne zanimljive koincidencije niotkuda, s obzirom da se u meni najboljem Bouvijevom tekstu pominje upravo Greta Garbo.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, robespierre said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'll fucking do it, darling.

Fredi je ušao u studio i ovo otpevao iz jednog jedinog tejka, iako je bio veoma bolestan. Jedan od najvećih statementa njegove muzičke veličine.

• Love 1

Za razliku od samodestruktivnog klišea roka zvezde tog vremena, Fredi je bio primoran da napravi fasadu kako bi se izrazio. To se konačno otkriva u stihovima The Show Must Go On, gde Fredi, smrtno bolestan, nagoveštava pravi identitet iza osmeha na maski. Postoji nešto tako srceparajuće tragično u njegovoj sudbini što se savršeno uklapa u stil fin de siecle music hall pozorišta koji je Kvin negovao. Bez toga, bend jednostavno nije isti.

Zapravo je poslednja pesma koju je Fredi snimio pre smrti Mother Love, objavljena na posthumno izdatom albumu Made in Heaven. Ova pesma je protumačena kao da govori o Fredijevoj želji da preokrene svoj život i vrati se u matericu majke u poslednjim danima svog života. Bio je toliko bolestan kada je snimao da je morao da napusti studio pre nego što je završio poslednji stih. Nikada nije. Brajan Mej je morao da otpeva poslednji stih, stih ispunjen bolom saznanja da je njegov najbolji prijatelj otišao.

Omot albuma Made in Heaven je takođe zanimljiv. S prednje strane je Fredi, koji trijumfuje ispred Ženevskog jezera, dok se ostatak benda suočava sa velikim Alpima. Pitam se da li gledaju u spomenik svojih zajedničkih napora ili šanse sa kojima se sada suočavaju kao muzičari koji su izgubili svog neprocenjivog prijatelja i kolegu.

https://postlmg.cc/TpvPfZ4V

https://postlmg.cc/BX5n6Mrd

#neumemdapostavimsliku

Edited by robespierre
  • Like 1
  • Love 1