NBA 2020/2021 - Lejkersi b2b ili neko drugi???

Miki28 Teoljub

Kako je GS izvacario glupe picqurine iz South Beacha 😂

Pola meca igrali  sa Molderima i Toscanima na centru i to ih na kraju dobiju na neki suludi hastle i srce, nadoknadili -14 zadnjih 6 minuta.

Curry ceo mec ne moze nista da pogodi, jure ga po trojca ali kako se lik borio u odbrani, svuda na skoku ga bilo i na kraju im naravno stavi 2-3 trojke i cao...

Cak sam doziveo da vidim da Wiggins siluje Butlera i to na cist grind, contestuje mu sjajno ulaz, sudije svirnu faul, ide challange naravno nidje faula i onda mu pokupi jump ball...

Par puta je cak ostajao na Adebaju prilikom preuzimanjima i bas se hrvao kao lav.

Recimo Butleru komotno oteo zivu loptu kad je krenuo na ulaz.

Ipak mi je pobeda bila kad ga jure 3 igraca, nekako uspeva preko njih da prebaci Lee-u koji masi otvorenu trojku i onda Curry skace preko cele petorke Majamija i izbacuje nesrecnom Papiju u korner koji kao iz topa pipaljuje ciglu sa sve onim navarenim izrazom lica :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Gledao sinoć simultano Sixers - Rockets i Celtics - Hawks. Evo utisaka:

- Rocketsi su baš tanki bez Wooda, Rođa je čak odigrao ok tekmu i koliko toliko držao Embiida u postu ali kao da hoda sa bukagijama na nogama

- Sixersi za malo da se samoubiju kad su Rocketsi već iz očaja počeli da ubacuju neke trojke, Wall je odigrao kriminalno prvo poluvreme sa 1-6 iz igre i 5 izgubljenih lopti, ali u drugom poluvremenu je izgledao kao Wall iz primea

- Erica Gordona iz nekog razloga volim, ali on je dosta priglup košarkaš

- Tate je opasan hustler, al takav realno treba da ti bude sedmi, osmi igrač a ne treći, četvrti po značaju u ekipi

- Danny Green ima dribling poput SImonovića ili Kešelja, kao da treba da kontroliše lopticu skočicu

- Thybulle će zlata vredeti kao defanzivni specijalac uz ozbiljnu napadačku osnovu

- Embiid je opet na kraju tekme izgledao kao da je trčao maraton, problemi sa kondicijom su izgleda neizbežni kod njega

- Seth Curry ladno na nivou karijere ima bolji 3pts% od brata, ima skoro 45% na nivou karijere, wow

- Trae je ošurio Kelte, kao da ne može da promaši floater, al uglavnom se svi sklanjaju kad on krene na ulaz jer sviraju faulove na njemu za sve i svašta, najviše poena iz slobodnih bacanja ima u ligi, drugi najfauliraniji

- Jeffu Teague da se organizuje otpremnina, slika i sat i da polako ode u penziju, neupotrebljiv je

- kada jedan od Tatum/Brown odigra loše, Kelti jako teško pobeđuju, sinoć Brown loš i neefikasan

- Capela ih je uništio na skoku

• Like 7

NBA trades revisited: The Clarkson, Wiggins, Morris, Capela deals a year later

Sam Amick Feb 17, 2021

Spoiler

As last season reminded us, not all NBA trades have the same impact.

There were 17 deals in all, with 56 players and 23 draft picks involved (including five first-rounders). But when you analyze all the moves that were made back then, looking at them through the prism of this season and trying to find the ones that left some sort of lasting mark, you quickly realize the vast majority of them were exercises in futility.

With the 2020-21 trade deadline nearing on March 25 and so many signs that the action might be slower this time around, I wanted to re-examine the aforementioned moves and get a better sense of the winners and losers all this time later. Consider this the anti-instant grade approach.

The verdict? By this subjective measure, only four of the 17 moves qualify as memorable now. This deduction is the result of an inexact science approach, but it’s fairly obvious when you look at it closely. Which players acquired helped a team get significantly better or worse both then and now, or which draft picks landed put a team in prime position for future success or failure? That sort of thing. And team relevancy matters a great deal here, meaning the Andre Drummond-to-Cleveland chapter (which is nearing an end) will be completely ignored.

The following is a breakdown of the moves that still matter, both for the present fortunes of the teams involved and the futures that were affected (for better or worse). If you care to see the 13 moves that weren’t worthy of the list, feel free to scroll through the NBA.com trade tracker here.

The trades are listed in order of perceived importance to the league’s landscape, with the title of each transaction highlighting the player who, in the end, seized the spotlight the most.

The Jordan Clarkson trade (Dec. 24, 2019)

Jazz received:

G Jordan Clarkson

Cavaliers received:

G Dante Exum (now in Houston), 2022 second-round pick (via Spurs), 2023 second-round pick (via Warriors)

The updated outlook: Mid-December 2019 was a time of mild concern for the Utah Jazz.

The Mike Conley trade that was supposed to take their offense to the next level hadn’t worked out that way just yet, with the veteran admitting at the time that he felt like he was “failing the team (and) failing the city” during his subpar start in those first two months of the regular season. The Jazz were winning in spite of him, not because of him, and ranked as the league’s 22nd-best offense at that time. And then, as if that and the integration of Bojan Bogdanovic weren’t enough to navigate, matters went from bad to worse Dec. 17: Conley suffered a hamstring injury that would sideline him for a month.

It’s funny how misfortune can be a blessing in disguise sometimes.

The urgent need to add another wing would lead to the Clarkson trade, with one source who was involved in the process saying the Jazz were looking for a scorer who could shoot and “break the paint.” Utah’s front office was exploring other scenarios to fill this role at the time, but Jazz president of basketball operations Dennis Lindsey & Co. turned their attention to Clarkson when Cavs general manager Koby Altman made it clear he was available.

Yet despite how it has turned out, with Exum’s unfortunate run of injuries continuing in Cleveland and Houston after he was part of the four-team James Harden trade last month in which Cleveland did well to land Jarrett Allen and Taurean Prince, the Jazz didn’t take the decision to part ways with him lightly. Even after the torn ACL, the shoulder surgery and various other ailments that Exum had endured, they had given the former No. 5 pick a three-year, $33 million extension in July of 2018 with the hopes that he’d be able to stay healthy and be a two-way difference-maker.

But Clarkson wasn’t expected to re-sign in Cleveland when he became a free agent in the 2020 offseason, and so Cleveland went looking for ways to recoup something in return for him before he was gone. And the Jazz, who were now pivoting to prioritize a player who had been taken 41 spots behind Exum out of Missouri in the 2014 draft, wanted in.

Little did they know that the former second-rounder would turn into a Sixth Man of the Year frontrunner who has everything to do with their team’s new status as a legitimate title contender (nor, by the way, did our Zach Harper, who gave the Cavs an “A-” and the Jazz a “B” in his instant trade grade analysis).

At 23-5, the Donovan Mitchell/Rudy Gobert-led Jazz are atop the Western Conference. And entering Wednesday, Clarkson — who signed a four-year, $51 million deal with Utah in November 2020 — is on pace for career highs in scoring (18.2 points per) and rebounding (4.1 per). As those who have seen his evolution will tell you, there are two main factors beyond his own impressive work that contributed to his recent development.

The bright green light from coach Quin Snyder, who has shown a great deal of faith and trust in him. By all accounts, the same sentiment exists among his teammates.
“When Jordan came in and had the performance that he had (in a win against Philadelphia on Tuesday in which he scored 40 points), we’ve seen that obviously before but that was another level,” Snyder told reporters after Clarkson hit 13 of 20 shots overall and eight of 13 3-pointers. “He’s not bashful, and we don’t want him to be.”

A new-and-improved offensive attack. Like so many other players in today’s 3-point-dominated game, Clarkson has swapped out long 2-pointers for 3s. He’s averaging a career-high 8.4 3-point attempts per game so far this season — up significantly from the six-3s-per-game pace from last season that was his career high to that point.

We’d seen how Clarkson could score at the NBA level during his Lakers days, when he peaked at 15.5 points per game for those teams that never won more than 26 games during his first three seasons. But stepping up like this on a contender is another sort of achievement altogether — especially considering his first chance at this kind of an opportunity didn’t go nearly as well.

Clarkson, remember, was a rotation player on LeBron James’ Cavs during his final season in Cleveland (2017-18). In 19 playoff games, he averaged 15 minutes, 4.7 points (30.1 percent shooting overall; 23.9 percent from 3) and 1.7 rebounds per game for the squad that fell to Golden State in the Finals.

Now, he’s the second-leading scorer (behind Mitchell’s 24.2) on a team that boasts the fourth-best offense and the second-best defense. No other team is top five in both categories, and that wouldn’t be happening without Clarkson.

The Andrew Wiggins trade (Feb. 6, 2020)

Timberwolves receive:

D’Angelo Russell, Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman

Warriors receive:

Andrew Wiggins, 2021 first-round pick (top three protected), 2021 second-round pick

Updated outlook: I swear this plan to analyze the 2019-20 trades was hatched before the latest round of disappointing Russell news broke Tuesday. As if this trade weren’t one-sided enough already, with the Warriors ecstatic about the way Wiggins has fit in on both ends of the floor and Minnesota in a worse spot with Russell than they were without him, it’s even more so now that the guard will miss the next four to six weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.

As our renowned Minnesota man, Jon Krawczynski, tweeted Tuesday, the T-Wolves’ plan of pairing Karl-Anthony Towns with his close friend in Russell has been an utter disaster because, well, they haven’t been able to pair up at all: They’ve played just five games together since the trade. And considering Wiggins and Russell have near-identical contracts, with each of them owed approximately $90 million from this season through 2022-23, it’s impossible to justify the price they paid to get him. Even if it came with the fringe benefit of keeping Towns from developing a wandering eye for a while.

All of Minnesota’s bad breaks add up to a boon for the Warriors (15-13), whose ability to land a top-three protected 2021 first-rounder in the deal tips the scales even further in their direction here. At this rate, with coach Ryan Saunders & Co. the worst team in the NBA (7-21), the only question is whether they’re so bad that the Warriors will have to wait to collect the pick. Yet while it turns into an unprotected 2022 first-rounder if Minnesota is in the top three, our Anthony Slater recently detailed how the Warriors still have, in essence, a 60 percent chance of keeping it even if Minnesota has one of the league’s three worst records.

If Golden State can add another top-five pick after landing James Wiseman last time around, all while welcoming Klay Thompson back into the fold, then these Warriors could be on their way again. Or, of course, they could leverage this pick that is now seen as perhaps the best asset in the entire league and get better (again) via trade.

Meanwhile, Wiggins is checking boxes the Warriors never dreamed of this season: Not only is he a reliable defender who is among the league leaders in blocks (1.4 per game) for perimeter players, but also his long-range proficiency has improved too (career-high 36.9 percent from 3-point range). Overall, he’s averaging 17.5 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 0.7 steals for a team that is firmly in the West playoff race. Russell was averaging 19.3 points, 5.3 assists and 2.6 rebounds in 20 games before his injury, with little to show for it.

As a final aside that is pretty wild, it’s not just the contract size that both players have in common: They also happen to have the same birthday — just a year apart. Wiggins will turn 26 on Tuesday (Feb. 23) while Russell will turn 25.

The Marcus Morris Sr. trade (Feb. 6, 2020)

Clippers receive:

Marcus Morris Sr. (from Knicks), Isaiah Thomas (from Wizards)

Knicks receive:

Moe Harkless (from Clippers), draft rights to G Issuf Sanon (from Wizards), 2020 first-round pick (from Clippers, which the Knicks later traded to Utah and resulted in the Jazz taking Udoka Azubuike at No. 27; the Knicks, who had moved up to No. 23, used the pick to trade back and land Immanuel Quickley), protected 2021 first-round pick swap (from Clippers), 2021 second-round pick (from Clippers via Pistons)

Wizards receive:

Jerome Robinson (from Clippers)

Updated outlook: When the Morris deal went down, the Clippers hoped it was a sign of things to come: They’d beaten out the Lakers, who were also pursuing the veteran forward who was putting up career-high numbers with the Knicks at the time. Alas, the Lakers won when it mattered most, winning it all with Marcus’ twin brother, Markieff, playing a big part, and the Clippers were left to re-evaluate this roster (and coach, of course) that had fallen short in the bubble playoffs.

If Marcus had gone on to leave in free agency, the sunk-cost component of this trade would have been significant for the Clippers’ loaded front office that is led by president of basketball operations Lawrence Frank and general manager Michael Winger. It was an understandable calculated risk at the time, to be sure, but giving up a first-rounder, a first-round swap and a second-rounder that is on track to be a decent pick is still a lot for a failed rental. But Marcus clearly enjoyed his trial run with the Clippers, and the fact that he re-signed on a four-year, $64 million deal means this becomes an all’s-well-that-ends-well situation.

Marcus has been a fantastic fit again this season, as he’s averaging 13.5 points while coming off the bench and shooting — wait for it — 50.5 percent from long range on 5.2 attempts per game. That’s first in the NBA among players with at least 100 attempts, ahead of marksmen like Brooklyn’s Joe Harris and his star teammate, Paul George, who are second and third, respectively. The Clippers (21-8) have quietly played their way into the third spot in the West.

Give first-year Knicks president Leon Rose credit here too, though, as he packaged the Clippers pick (No. 27) with No. 38 to land No. 23 from Utah en route to netting Quickley out of Kentucky. The 21-year-old guard has been a bright spot in this surprisingly entertaining Knicks campaign, averaging 12.5 points, 2.7 assists and 2.4 rebounds thus far. New York (14-15) is sixth in the East to this point.

The Clint Capela trade (Feb. 5, 2020)

Hawks receive:

Clint Capela (from Rockets), Nene (from Rockets); player then waived

Nuggets receive:

Shabazz Napier (from Wolves), Keita Bates-Diop (from Wolves), Gerald Green (from Rockets); player then waived, Noah Vonleh (from Wolves), 2020 first-round pick (from Rockets, which became rookie forward Zeke Nnaji at No. 22)

Rockets receive:

Robert Covington (from Wolves), Jordan Bell (from Wolves), 2024 second-round pick (from Hawks via Warriors)

Timberwolves receive:

Malik Beasley (from Nuggets), Evan Turner (from Hawks), Juancho Hernangomez (from Nuggets), Jarred Vanderbilt (from Nuggets), 2020 first-round pick (from Hawks via Nets, which became rookie Aleksej Pokusevski at No. 17; he was traded to Oklahoma City in November as part of the three-team deal that landed Minnesota Ricky Rubio)

Updated outlook: It may not look like the Hawks (11-16) have improved at the moment, what with this awful stretch in which they’ve lost seven of eight games and put their playoff lives in peril (not to mention coach Lloyd Pierce’s job, potentially). But on the whole, Capela has become a pivotal part of their program and well worth the contract that Atlanta general manager Travis Schlenk took on by way of this deal (five years, $90 million signed in July of 2018; owed $17.1 million next season and $18.2 million in 2022-23).

Defensively, his presence has had everything to do with the Hawks going from atrocious defensively without him to middle-of-the-pack with him. They were 28th in defensive rating last season, when he didn’t play after the trade because of a foot injury. This season — with Capela averaging 13.9 points, 14 rebounds, 2.2 blocks and 29.1 minutes in 24 games — Atlanta is 19th defensively. And should the Hawks either trade John Collins or lose him in restricted free agency, it’s nice to know that Trae Young would still have a reliable lob threat around who also elevates their defense.

Now, for the Rockets’ side of this. As all-in moves go, this was about as bold as you’ll ever find. And to put it bluntly, it was a small-ball airball.

Then-Rockets general manager Daryl Morey had gone with the style that was tailor-made for then-coach Mike D’Antoni. Maybe swapping Capela for Covington would work, with D’Antoni looking like a mad (hoops) scientist while pulling Russell Westbrook out of his funk that had so much to do with the motivations for the move in the first place. Instead … you know what happened next.

The Lakers’ gentleman’s sweep of the Rockets in the first round sparked a mass exodus in Houston, with D’Antoni (Brooklyn), Morey (Philadelphia), Westbrook (Washington) and Harden jumping ship. First-year Rockets GM Rafael Stone recovered nicely in November, landing Christian Wood in a sign-and-trade with Detroit that gave Houston a quality big in that slot (he’s averaging 22.2 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks per game). He had to make the most of the Covington situation first, though, as he sent him to Portland in mid-November in exchange for a 2020 first-rounder (No. 16, which was sent to Detroit in the Wood deal), Trevor Ariza (who also went to Detroit in the Wood deal), and a lottery-protected 2021 first-rounder.

Not bad at all for a first-time executive’s first trade. Still, Capela would fit in nicely with this Rockets group (11-16) that lacks depth down low.

ne razumem ovaj portland nikako. 

lillard i gomila bezveznjakovica zaredjali sest pobeda u osam dana. bilo je tu krs protivnika ali i vrlo dobrih. da nije malo sporije usao u sezonu, lillard bi bio medju 4-5 kandidata za mvpja. svaka cast stottsu, nema hejtera sada.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, đubrivo. said:

drugim i trećim rečima, dubsi su ošurili wiggins-d'angelo trade, treba to pomenuti zbog histerije koja je vladala do pre par meseci

bas sam o ovom trejdu razmisjao juce. nije da sam ikada nesto posebno cenio russella ali sam mislio da je bolji igrac od wigginsa. na kraju izgleda da je to glupost. istina, nismo jos videli wolvese ove sezone u najjacem izdanju, a ni prosle (on i kat imaju valjda pet odigranih utakmica zajedno za ovih godinu dana...), ali sumnjam da ce to izgledati dobro. beasley se vec sada namece kao bolji igrac od russella.

jos na sve to, golden state dobio i picka prve runde. bas me zanima sta ce sa tim pickom uraditi. ima dovoljno argumenata i za trejdovanje i za cuvanje.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Betolingar Misdongard said:

Nadam se da će trejdovati Viginsa sad kad igra dobro. Ne može on i dalje da opravda silnu lovu koju uzima.

razumem te, i ja se tako nadam da će neko odneti dobrića, ako ga ostave ispred dobrostojeće kuće u korpi sa mašnicom.

Just now, đubrivo. said:

razumem te, i ja se tako nadam da će neko odneti dobrića, ako ga ostave ispred dobrostojeće kuće u korpi sa mašnicom.

Neću da lažem, Vigins igra mnogo bolje nego što sam ja očekivao. Ova sezona mu je jedna od boljih u karijeri što se tiče šuta za tri. Koristi dobro i kao cuter, kad se prave blokovi za Stefa ostane mnogo prostora, odbrana često pukne, pa onda dobri Green časti Viginsa. Odbrana mu je stvarno dobra. Fino prati igrača sa loptom, dobro se lateralno kreće, ima i gomilu blokada ove sezone. Zbog takve odbrane ne zaslužuje veliku kritiku kad mu nije dan u napadu. Problem je što i dalje ima povremeno te crne minute u napadu, nema razloga da solira kad su Stef i Green na parketu, mora uvijek da se kreće lopte, dobre pozicije će doći kad imaš Stefa na parketu.

• Like 1