ATP turniri 250&500

zoe Bg

Rafael Nadal will not be playing Acapulco this year due to his appearance fee being deemed too high, says tournament director Raul Zurutuza.

Nadal has featured in the Mexican event in three of the last four years, and only missed out in 2018 due to injury.

However, with costs rising due to having to run a bio-secure ‘bubble,’ coupled with the loss of ticket revenue, the world number two has been deemed too expensive to pay his reported $500,000-$1,000,000 appearance fee.

“The relationship with Carlos Costa (Nadal’s agent) is super good and things were very open, the reality is that there are no funds to pay [Nadal],” Zurutuza told Excelsior.

“Our budget for this year is super-mega limited, so we decided to invest that money in bringing who we could bring,” he commented.

Despite Nadal not making his usual appearance, Acapulco will not be short on big names, with Alexander Zverev, Stefanos Tsitsipas, and Diego Schwartzman currently scheduled to play.

“We already had a contract signed with Zverev and it was more expensive to cancel it than to pay him,” Zurutuza added.

“And the other players, the four or five that we invited with an appearance fee have put the batteries… their financial demands are substantially lower than what they normally do.”

Edited by wwww

4 minutes ago, Keira said:

Kako sada to da se ocekivao uobicajeni appearance fee tokom pandemije  za samaricana ?Ili se jedno govori a drugo praktikuje?

on igra tenis samo zbog ljubavi prema tenisu, kakvi trofeji i ostale trice i kucine :classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Boxy said:

Poznato je da Zverev trazi poprilicno para da bi igrao na tim manjim turnirima, zato ni ne igra u Stutgartu jer ovi ne mogu da ga plate.

Zverev is very firmly established as the top German singles player now, and he knows hopes rest with him to bring tennis success back to the country. That, he insists, is a strong motivation right now.

“[I would like to] make tennis more popular in Germany,” he added.

:whistling:

https://tennisbuzz.net/alexander-zverev-want-wins-not-nice-matches-tournaments/

1 minute ago, alcesta said:

Ja to nikad dobro ne čujem :mad:

Sutra ustani rano, igra od 8h protiv Popirina i volume na max :classic_biggrin:

Gofan pobedio Sonega sa 2:0, ono sto sam danas gledala, izgledao je mnogo bolje nego u 1.kolu, mozda i najbolje u poslednjih nekoliko meseci