Where is Peng Shuai?

wwww

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/dec/20/peng-shuai-appearance-fails-to-address-concerns-for-tennis-stars-wellbeing-says-wta

In a statement on Monday, the WTA said: “We remain steadfast in our call for a full, fair and transparent investigation, without censorship, into her allegation of sexual assault, which is the issue that gave rise to our initial concern.”

“It was again good to see Peng Shuai in a public setting and we certainly hope she is doing well,” the WTA said on Monday. “As we have consistently stated, these appearances do not alleviate or address the WTA’s significant concerns about her wellbeing and ability to communicate without censorship or coercion.”

Nalazim ovakve članke ali ne mogu da nađem to originalno saopštenje WTA.

A evo i Barti se najzad oglasila:

Barty acknowledges the responsibilities that accompany her status at world No.1. Among issues that currently hold her attention is the worldwide concern for former world No.1 doubles player Peng Shuai, a winner of two Grand Slam titles with Chinese Taipei’s Hsieh Su-wei.

“We are all thinking of Peng Shuai and hoping she is okay,” Barty commented. ”Peng Shuai is part of the tennis family, she has been on the tour for a long time and is someone we all know and respect. The most important thing right now is that she is safe.”

https://www.tennis.com.au/news/2021/12/04/ash-barty-back-to-work

• 5 weeks later...

Tennis is now saying those wanting to create more awareness about Peng Shuia are not allowed to do so as it's "political". But we're very happy to change dates of a Tennis event and allow players to put political statements about BLM last year. Hypocrisy again.

• Like 1

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/navratilova-says-tennis-australia-capitulating-china-over-peng-2022-01-24/

A evo te izjave TA:

“Under our ticket conditions of entry we don’t allow clothing, banners or signs that are commercial or political,” a Tennis Australia spokesperson said on Sunday.

“Peng Shuai’s safety is our primary concern. We continue to work with the WTA and global tennis community to seek more clarity on her situation and will do everything we can to ensure her wellbeing.”

Prema ovome ne bi smeli da puštaju nikoga ko nosi logo sportskih kompanija koje sponzorišu događaj i tenisere, Nike i Adidas valjda nisu komercijalni?

A onda ovo nije politika:

Edited by alcesta

Ali mi nije jasno što toliko insistiraju da ovo nije političko pitanje. Naravno da je svako pitanje ljudskih prava političko pitanje, i takvi protesti su politički protesti, nevezano za partije, izbore i slično. A ovaj momak koji se time bavi bi prvi to trebalo da zna.

• Thanks 1

Shirts to be allowed but banners still barred, says Craig Tiley

Tennis Australia U-turn comes after international backlash

But TA chief executive and tournament director, Craig Tiley, on Tuesday announced the ban for shirts would be reversed as long as those wearing them were well behaved. Banners would still be barred due to safety concerns.

“Yes, as long as they are not coming as a mob to be disruptive but are peaceful,” he told AFP. “It’s all been a bit lost in translation from some people who are not here and don’t really know the full view.

“The situation in the last couple of days is that some people came with a banner on two large poles and we can’t allow that. If you are coming to watch the tennis that’s fine, but we can’t allow anyone to cause a disruption at the end of the day.”

Edited by wwww
  • Ha-ha 1

1 minute ago, alcesta said:

Sigurno, razularena rulja krenula sa majicama da podrži Peng i svrgne KP Kine iz Australije, pa se jadna policija prepala te demonstracije sile i pogrešno ih razumela :lol_2:

pa kad se plase Novakovih potencijalnih misli o vakcini a koje ce da zavedu naivne i neiskusne, ovi su tek opasni...

:classic_rolleyes::ajme:

FJ55XMJXsAMkFcA?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2022/feb/03/ioc-president-vows-to-support-peng-shuai-over-sexual-harassment-allegations

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/02/03/sports/tennis/peng-shuai-olympics.amp.html

Peng’s status remains so sensitive in China that the interpreter handling the Chinese translation of the news conference did not mention her name when relaying the question.

Nista novo nije rekla, kako se zahvaljuje svima koji su se brinuli za nju, ali da joj nije jasno zasto, jer je ona ok, nikad nije nestala, nikad nije rekal da je neko seksualno napastvovao, u Pekingu je i nema nikakvih problema, a nije mogla svima da odgovori jer je bila zatrpana mailovima, a i da se neki sajt promenio, pa nije mogla da se loguje. 

• Thanks 1
  • Tuzno 1