Klasika

Borko

250 GTO, prodat pre par dana na aukciji u USA za 51,7 Mio USD.

Ovaj primerak je nastao kao trkački auto 330 LM - evolucija GTO, označen kao 3765LM. Zahvaljujući jačoj šasiji mogao da ima motor 4,0 V12 (umesto standardnog 3,0 V12 za GTO) i takmičio se za fabrički tim, 1962 pobedio na Nürburgringu u svojoj kategoriji, ukupno drugi a na Le Mans odustao zbog problema sa motorom. Po završetku kratke trkačke karijere je bio renoviran i vratio se u njega originalni 3,0 V12 motor.

ferrari-250-gto-ferrari-aukce-rm-sotheby

ferrari-250-gto-ferrari-aukce-rm-sotheby

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Adrian Newey recounted the story of when he was almost sacked at McLaren after only two weeks, for having his office repainted duck egg blue.

Having moved over from Williams in 1997, Newey set to work on the first of two title-winning cars at McLaren, but he moved into an office that was not to his taste.

Asking for it to be redecorated went firmly against team boss Ron Dennis’ wishes though, with the McLaren colour scheme deeply rooted in grey, black, silver and white at the time – to a degree where it almost cost him his job.

“I had only been there for about two weeks, so I was working crazy hours trying to get the design of the ’98 car ready,”

“The office I inherited was John Barnard’s old office, and it was kind of floor to ceiling mahogany panels, there was a dark mahogany table, a black chair, it was really dark brown, dingy carpets – it was just depressing.

“So as we were leaving for Hungary, I said to the factory manager: ‘Can you brighten up a bit over the weekend?’ And I gave him a duck egg blue paint chart, and [asked to] put a tan carpet in and change the chair for something a bit lighter and so on and so forth.”

“And he got that all done over the weekend, came back on Monday and it was kind of my office.”

“Anyway, that evening, Ron came in about six o’clock to see how I was going on, and as he came into the doorframe, looked up, and I heard ‘Hi Ron’, and he started.”

“He didn’t say a word. He started gulping like a fish, like a goldfish and, as he gulped, he went redder and redder until he went purple.”

“I thought ‘Christ, he’s going to have a heart attack here and now!’ and eventually, still not single word, gulping, he spun on his heels and walked out and never said another word.”

“I think for him, there are two sides. First of all, that his factory now had a bit of colour in it and, secondly, it all happened without him knowing. He’s a bit of a control freak, which is fair enough – probably in motor racing you need to be.”

“It turned out years later, I found out from Lisa, his wife, that he came back that evening and said: ‘That’s it! Get rid of him. I’m going to fire him in the morning!’ She talked him down a bit. He wasn’t happy.”

VIA: [PLANET F1]

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=852561876666071&set=a.560149305907331

• Ha-ha 1

Bin Ladenovi su poznata i veoma uspesna familija u S.Arabiji i jedni su od najvecih globalnih igraca u gradjevini (izmedju ostalih biznisa koje imaju).

Osama je bio crna ovca familije, cim je 1979. krenuo u mudzahedine u Avganistan (tada jos uvek kao "good guy" sponzorisan od strane CIA protiv SSSR) oni su prekinuli sve kontakte s njim i zavrnuli mu finansijske slavine jer je odbio predvidjenu ulogu naslednika porodicnog biznisa. Bin Ladenovi i dandanas sasvim legalno operisu po celom svetu a Osama je postao problematican tek nakon intervencije u Iraku Busa starijeg kad je poceo da radi protiv zapadnih interesa (jer se zapad po njegovom misljenu bez povoda umesao u unutarnja arapska posla, sve dotle je bio na americkom budzetu) tako da u vreme sponzorstva sa Vilijamsom nikakve kontroverze nije bilo.

A ne bi trebalo da je ima ni sada, barem nista vise nego kad F1 timovi uzimaju sponzorstvo od Hugo Boss koji su dizajnirali i proizvodili uniforme za Vermaht i SS tokom Hitlerove vlasti.

Tako da je clanak senzacionalisticko smece.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Radoye said:

Bin Ladenovi su poznata i veoma uspesna familija u S.Arabiji i jedni su od najvecih globalnih igraca u gradjevini (izmedju ostalih biznisa koje imaju).

Osama je bio crna ovca familije, cim je 1979. krenuo u mudzahedine u Avganistan (tada jos uvek kao "good guy" sponzorisan od strane CIA protiv SSSR) oni su prekinuli sve kontakte s njim i zavrnuli mu finansijske slavine jer je odbio predvidjenu ulogu naslednika porodicnog biznisa. Bin Ladenovi i dandanas sasvim legalno operisu po celom svetu a Osama je postao problematican tek nakon intervencije u Iraku Busa starijeg kad je poceo da radi protiv zapadnih interesa (jer se zapad po njegovom misljenu bez povoda umesao u unutarnja arapska posla, sve dotle je bio na americkom budzetu) tako da u vreme sponzorstva sa Vilijamsom nikakve kontroverze nije bilo.

A ne bi trebalo da je ima ni sada, barem nista vise nego kad F1 timovi uzimaju sponzorstvo od Hugo Boss koji su dizajnirali i proizvodili uniforme za Vermaht i SS tokom Hitlerove vlasti.

Tako da je clanak senzacionalisticko smece.

Imaš pravo, brišem.

• Thanks 1

https://racer.com/2023/12/21/renowned-nhra-team-owner-don-schumacher-dies-at-79/

Don Schumacher Racing has announced the passing of its founder, motorsports icon Don Schumacher. The NHRA team owner and Funny Car pioneer had spent the past several months privately battling lung cancer before succumbing to illness-related complications on Wednesday, December 20. He was 79.

Umro Zil De Feran, od posledica srcanog udara.

1.+Internationally+acclaimed+racing+cham

Dvostruki Indikar sampion (2000. i 2001. pod sankcijom CART) i pobednik Indi 500 2003, nakon zavrsetka aktivne trkacke karijere vodio je svoj tim u nekadasnjoj ALMS seriji sportskih prototipova i vrsio funkciju sportskog direktora BAR F1 tima. Zadnjih godina bio je angazovan na raznim funkcijama u Meklarenu.

• Tuzno 2

https://racer.com/2023/12/29/gil-de-ferran-1967-2023/

Gil de Ferran, the holder of IndyCar’s fastest qualifying average at 241.428mph, the two-time CART IndyCar Series champion, and winner of the 2003 Indianapolis 500, has died at the age of 56. de Ferran is believed to have suffered a heart attack while participating at an automotive event in Florida.

• Tuzno 1

Uh ova godina bas namerila da joj niko ne utekne... 😮

https://racer.com/2023/12/31/cale-yarborough-1939-2023/

Cale Yarborough, the first NASCAR Cup Series driver to win three consecutive championships, has died. He was 84.

FileDownload.aspx_3.jpeg

Jarbro se pored Naskara (3 titule, 4 pobede na Dejtoni 500) oprobao i u mnogim drugim disciplinama, 4 puta se kvalifikovao za Indi 500, 1971. je vozio kompletnu Indikar sezonu a 1981. vozio je 24h LeMana. Rekorder je po broju osvojenih pol pozicija u jednoj Naskar sezoni (14, postavljen 1980.).

Verovatno je najpoznatiji po ovom dogadjaju sa Dejtone 1979.

• 2 weeks later...

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024/01/12/john-webb-1931-2024/

John Webb has died in Spain, at the age of 92. Webb made his name in motor racing circles as the boss of Brands Hatch between 1963 and 1989, although he would also have influence over a number of other British circuits which were acquired along the way by Motor Circuit Developments Ltd, a holding company established in 1966.

Webb’s abilities as a promoter, and his willingness to take risks and try new things had a huge impact throughout the motorsport world, and many of his ideas are being used by race promoters across the world, underlining how far ahead of his time he was.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/31/f1s-largest-entry-announced-35-years-ago-today-had-twice-as-many-drivers-as-now/

Formula 1 was in a state of change 35 years ago. The explosive but expensive turbo era was over, and a new formula for normally aspirate engines encouraged a raft of new entrants.

When FISA (now the FIA) closed entries for the new season at the end of January, a record 40 cars had signed up. These were drawn from 21 teams in all, two putting forward single-car entries, as was allowed at the time.