Mercedes AMG W14 E 2023

Radoye

Pukovnik il' pokojnik. Tako treba, hrabro, pa šta bude.

Opet su "ogulili" farbu sa auta i opet je svet u identičnom q kao onomad.

Videćemo da li će se istorija ponoviti. Idealno bi bilo da se ponovi u GP takmičenju a da svet nekako konačno izađe iz ovog užasa.

Nepopravljivi optimista, šta ćeš...

https://www.racefans.net/2023/02/15/first-pictures-mercedes-sidepods-return-black-livery-as-it-reveals-new-f1-car-2023/

Mercedes have unveiled the W14, the car they plan will bring them back to title-winning success in Formula 1.

Officially called the ‘F1 W14 E Performance’, the car will be driven by seven-times world champion Lewis Hamilton and George Russell, who picked up his first F1 win with Mercedes last year. After eight successive seasons of being world champions, Mercedes fell to third in the constructors’ standings in 2022.

racefansdotnet-23-02-15-10-35-38-8.jpg

racefansdotnet-23-02-15-12-56-30-8.jpg

Ni Mercedes kao ni Ferari juce za razliku od svih ostalih ne kopira RBR-ov koncept. Ostaju verni idejama od prosle godine, da li to znaci da su "izlecili" probleme ili sledi jos jedna teska godina?

• Radoye changed the title to Mercedes AMG W14 E 2023

https://www.racefans.net/2023/02/15/first-pictures-russell-reports-smooth-day-after-mercedes-w14s-track-debut/

George Russell was the first of the team’s drivers to sample their new machine for the 2023 season.

The team conducted the first run of its new car last year in difficult circumstances due to strong winds at the circuit.

racefansdotnet-23-02-15-15-20-23-1.jpg

https://www.grandprix.com/news/no-sidepods-look-could-change-in-2023-says-wolff.html

Mercedes is sticking with its 'no sidepods' concept for the start of the 2023 season - but that could soon change according to team boss Toto Wolff.

Edited by Radoye

Mercedes kaze resio problem sa poskakivanjem:

https://racer.com/2023/02/23/mercedes-wolff-says-team-has-strong-baseline-without-porpoising/

Mercedes does not have the same issues with porpoising in Bahrain as it did in pre-season testing 12 months ago, according to team principal Toto Wolff.

https://www.racefans.net/2023/02/23/mercedes-had-no-bouncing-with-w14-during-first-69-laps-of-test-wolff/

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff told media including RaceFans George Russell was “generally happy with the car” after covering 69 laps with it at the Bahrain International Circuit today.

“It seems to be balanced in the right way,” said Wolff. “There’s no bouncing, which is good news, apart from that big bump at the end of the straight.”

The team have “a good starting point” after the first half-day of running in the sole, three-day test before the championship begins next week.

https://www.racefans.net/2023/03/06/mercedes-deficit-to-red-bull-has-doubled-or-tripled-admits-wolff/

Mercedes will tackle the question of how to respond to their poor start to the 2023 season “straight at the beginning of the week” said team principal Toto Wolff after Sunday’s race.
“I think we’ve almost doubled if not tripled the gap to Red Bull. And this is what we need to look at.”

Jos Totovog histerisanja:

https://www.grandprix.com/news/sidepods-wont-fix-trash-mercedes-car-says-wolff.html

Toto Wolff has already written off Mercedes' chances of winning the 2023 world championship.

Fellow Austrian Dr Helmut Marko said after the Bahrain season opener that if Red Bull was in Mercedes' shoes, "it would take us three or four races" to recover the deficit.

Wolff, however, is taking another tack - simply writing off the entire season as the team heads down another route with an entirely new car 'concept'.

"After Bahrain, I believe Red Bull will win every race this year," he told Osterreich newspaper.

However, on Servus TV immediately after the chequered flag in Bahrain, Wolff said the plan is actually to keep charging for the championship.

"Yes, but I didn't mean this year," he clarified. "For this year, that is no longer the case."

Indeed, on Austrian radio ORF, Wolff said: "We can throw our car in the trash can.

"One team is miles ahead. They play with the competition - they don't even have tyre wear," he added.

Another option for Mercedes is simply to scrap the 'no sidepods' concept and try a more Red Bull or Aston Martin-style approach.

"That could be done," Wolff said. "But you can't just merrily put sidepods on the car, it's all about the airflow.

"Our car is lean but not fast.

"Last year, our car got better and better and then won races. That's why we decided to stick with the concept.

"Then you start a new season and suddenly you see that nothing works."

Former Red Bull driver David Coulthard is surprised about Wolff's "brutal" condemnation of the new Mercedes after just a single race in 2023.

"The car has only been alive for six days - a few days of testing, three days in Bahrain. I don't know where he's coming from with that," he told Channel 4.

"It's like a big kick in the whatnots for a design team. But yeah, they've got a completely different strategy with the sidepods. They clearly have to try and follow the pack now."

Malo mi je sve ovo previse dramaticno...

Ovo je sve predstava da se Majku Elijotu shebe CV za sve pare. Oni su verovali u njega pa i sam Džejms Elison koji je sad konačno "uzeo olovku" Eliotu. Šta mislite koji mu se misli vrte po glavi kad Toto kaže javno "vidite ovo, ovaj auto, ovo će biti u centru fabrike kao podsetnik na loše dane i inspiracija da nikad ne ponovimo isto", pa to je direkt udar na moral Majka Eliota.

Džejmsu Elisonu će trebati mnogo "gumice za brisanje" da ispravi tehničke crteže W14tke, ispravka će se zvati Mercedes F1 W14b :D

Ali ali, ima jedna pozitivna strana "ziropoda" a to je totalni prostor za inovativna aerodinamička rešenja koja nudi. Mislim da ima tu puno mesta za "igranje", ovo je recimo moj predlog i prikaz šta je sve moguće a da je legalno ▼

xfWxkzj.jpg

Par stavki:

- Ceo prostor unutar Bok-Produžetak služi kao lažni otvor za bokove što znači da imate ogromne deflektore u godini gde su oni zabranjeni.

- Na ivici Bok-Produžetak uz vozača počinje otvor "zeropoda" za hlađenje.

- Ispod svega ovoga se nalaze kanali koji obstrujavaju ceo bok i završavaju kod zadnjeg vešanja.

- Gornja ivica Bok-Produžetak postepeno prelazi u oblik tube (zeleni deo) koji ektremno se savija prema vani odnosno dole i skoro dodiruje ivicu poda.

- Ideja iza tube je da se dobije ogromna aerodinamička površina koja povija vazduh oko boka i šalje ga na gornju ivicu difuzora a istovremeno se kanališe topli vazduh u njoj koji "produvava" isto mesto kao i sami bokovi.

- Pseudo-deflektori i ekstremno povijen bok čine da vazduh koji bi inače udarao po zadnjim točkovima sad obstrujava bok i čini ga aero efikasnim.

- Turbulencija koja nastaje iza deflektora u podu sad ima smireniji tok a prljav vazduh iza prednjih točkova se lepše sklanja od bolida.

Ovo je samo moje viđenje bez ikakvih testova, no prikaz koliko se ektremno može ići sa bokovima.

• Like 1

Nakon Totovih i Hamiltonovih verbalnih ispada tokom protekle nedelje menadzment Mercedesa povlaci rucnu u saopstenju kojim pokusava umiriti svoje fanove (i verovatno uz njih i akcionare) i obecava da nece biti ishitrenih poteza:

Mercedes’ open letter in full

To all our fans.

Bahrain hurt. It hurt each one of us, who head into every season determined to fight for world championships. It hurt the team as a whole, after pouring so much hard work into a car that hasn’t met our expectations. And we know it hurt you, our fans, too. Your passion and support are so important in driving us forward – and we know that we feel the same pain.

The situation we face right now isn’t the one that any of us wanted – but it’s the one we have. That’s the reality of it. And the simple questions are: what can we do about it, and what will we do about it?

First, we won’t panic or make knee-jerk reactions. In a spotlight as fierce as F1, people are quick to point fingers, or look for scapegoats. But you know us better than that. Inside the team, we talk about having the courage to fail, the character to be accountable and the strength to see failure as an opportunity. We have been open and searingly honest about where we find ourselves. And we are working urgently and calmly to build our recovery plan, focusing on what needs to happen short term, medium term, and long term to win. We already have developments in the pipeline for the next races – and there will be more to come. But this won’t be the work of a moment; there are no silver bullets in F1.

Second, we will keep our heads held high – and take this journey step by step, together. We are Mercedes. We know the standards we aspire to, and nobody is flinching when we look at the mountain we must climb. It won’t be easy – but where’s the value in something easy? These are the times when character is forged; the times when a team becomes greater than the sum of its parts, tackling difficult problems and conquering them. We’re together through thick and thin – from Toto, Lewis and George, to every single woman and man in the factories in Brackley and Brixworth. And we love that challenge.

Third, we will be calling on each one of you, too, to power us to the front. Whether you’re offering criticism or support, there’s a right way to do it – and a wrong way. We want our online community to be a safe space full of healthy debate, where people treat others and are treated with respect – be they team members, Mercedes fans or rival fans. We have a zero-tolerance policy on discrimination, abuse or bullying of any kind, and will take appropriate action to any comments or posts that do not meet our guidelines. And we want your support to make that a reality throughout our community.

We’re already hard at work on changing the course of this 2023 season. The recovery began immediately after the race – and everybody has a part to play.

Are you ready to join us for the fight back? If not, then there are no hard feelings.

If yes, then let’s do this.

Mercedes izveo Hondu 2.0.

Kad je trebala brutalnq snaga, Honda uradila 0 dizajn motora, zbog težišta ili štaveč.

Sada, kat treba aerodinamika sa side krilima t.j. sidepodovima, Mercedes izveo lean design bolida. I Toto kuka na dizajnera. Riba smrdi od glave, majstore. Ti si aminovao dizajn.

Dr. Marko zabo noz pa ga jos i okrece:

https://www.grandprix.com/news/title-already-out-of-reach-for-mercedes-says-marko.html

Mercedes insists there is no "panic" behind closed doors, but key rival Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko says the German team is tackling "several" problems with its new car.

"It's not one problem, it's several problems," Marko, 79, told the German broadcaster ntv.

"The solution didn't come over the winter, either, which I'm rather surprised about."

Indeed, Mercedes has taken the unusual step of publishing an open letter to its fans rejecting widespread rumours the newly-launched car is set to be scrapped.

"We won't panic or make knee-jerk reactions," the letter read.

"We have been open and searingly honest about where we find ourselves. And we are working urgently and calmly to build our recovery plan, focusing on what needs to happen short term, medium term, and long term to win.

"We already have developments in the pipeline for the next races - and there will be more to come. But this won't be the work of a moment; there are no silver bullets in F1," Mercedes added.

While visible changes may be seen as soon as this weekend in Jeddah, the first major changes - including the appearance of Red Bull-like sidepods - are rumoured to be due by Imola in May.

"Conventional updates that bring a few points of downforce won't catch us up with Red Bull," Wolff admits. "We need big steps because we're a long way away."

Red Bull's Marko, however, thinks Mercedes will struggle to make the necessary sweeping changes under the confines of the budget cap.

"You are simply limited in your options now," he said. "You can't design two or three cars in a year.

"Even if a completely new car comes, now, then it will be difficult afterwards because of the financial limitations.

"In this respect, I think it's realistic to say the world title is out of reach for Mercedes," Marko insisted.

New Ferrari boss Frederic Vasseur, on the other hand, has higher hopes for the Brackley based team.

"Mercedes will wake up, and soon," he said.

"Already in Jeddah - different circuit type, different surface - the picture could be completely different."

U medjuvremenu, nakon "otvorenog pisma" korporativnog vrha i Toto je promenio plocu i sad je umereno optimistican pred trku u Dzedi:

https://www.racefans.net/2023/03/13/mercedes-hope-for-better-in-jeddah-after-bahrain-exposed-weakest-point-of-car/

Toto Wolff is hopeful the team will be more competitive in Jeddah this weekend.

Nonetheless he admitted “the last time that I dreamt about miracles was a long time ago so I don’t expect any miracles.”

“[Bahrain] is very rear-limited and a very abrasive asphalt and that is probably our weakest point in the car,” Wolff explained. “And if you look at it from that perspective, maybe it gets better. Certainly when it comes more to front-limited tracks, we will be on a much, much better pace.”

Kao i uvek riba smrdi od glave. Samo što riba ne nosi ime Toto Wolf nego Ola Kallenius. Bože, ne znam odakle da počnem...

Tip pokušava da "promeni" kompaniju i da je spremi za novo doba i nove tehnologije. Ali...avaj, jedan je bio dr Ceče. Ola se okružio nekim američanima koji očigledno imaju smisla za humor i koji kao da se na platnom spisku iz Wolfsburga.

Niz "genijalnih" poteza je neverovatan:

• ukinućemo A, B, CLA, GLA, C klasu
  • pravimo samo od E klase pa na gore
  • fokusiramo se na AMG modele, G klasu, Maybach, EQ modele (elekrična vozila)
  • dižemo cene u nebesa i pokušavamo tako da nabijemo ekskluzivitet
  • nismo više premijum brend nego luksuzan brend

Da bi i manje upućeni shvatili koliko je to sve pogrešno reći ću samo jedno: od 4 glavna pravca razvoja kompanije (EQ, Maybach, AMG i G) 3 su osuđenja na "marginu" u narednih cca 10 godina. Zašto? Zato što će AMG biti "uštrojen" (pogledajte samo na šta liči novi C63), Maybach je čist test inteligencije (plaćate 40% više S klasu sa fancy značkom), a trend sa G klasom je prosto kriminal...šta učiniše sa tako kvalitetno napravljenim vozilom...

i tako redom...

Ali zato tamo gde se mora najviše uložiti, razvijanje novih tehnologija i kvalitet izrade, e tu nas zabole pištolj. Kvalitet novih vozila je loš i nedostojan znaka na haubi. Seriously, ne treba kupovati ništa što je novo razvijeno, jer to su polufabrikati. Valja samo ono što su restiling modeli.

Nove tehnologije...jeza...vrte se stari sistemi sa novim fancy imenima...assyst ovaj kurac assyst onaj kurac...

Tehnologija električnih vozila je ispod one koje se nalaze u vozilima kineskih proizvođača. Lično isprobao EQ vs odgovarajući modeli Nio i Xpeng. Kinezi imaju još koju godinu da izbruse neke sitnice vezane za interface i detalje enterijera, ali tehnologija pogona je bolja nego kod bilo kog evropskog proizvođača.

Jedina svetla tačka je bio EQXX, gde je "stari Daimler" zablistao u punom sjaju. Ali ne, pravićemo i prodavaćemo "trolejbuse" a la EQS ljudima sa viškom novca i manjkom tehničke informisanosti.

Naravno da će tim F1 deliti sudbinu matične fabrike. Može Toto da glumi na trepavicama i da bude najbolji menadžer na svetu ali ako je fabrika u q i tim F1 je u q.

A kompanija Mercedes Benz AG je u popriličnom q i meni je jako žao što sam u vrlo uskom društvu koje to može jasno da vidi.

• Thanks 1
  • Tuzno 1

7 hours ago, DASUBO said:

Kvalitet novih vozila je loš i nedostojan znaka na haubi. Seriously, ne treba kupovati ništa što je novo razvijeno, jer to su polufabrikati. Valja samo ono što su restiling modeli.

Nove tehnologije...jeza...vrte se stari sistemi sa novim fancy imenima...assyst ovaj kurac assyst onaj kurac..

Sve je to istina za bilo koji brend vozila. I uopste generalno gledano tehnologija kao takva je previse otisla u smeru - sto vise para za sto manje funkcije i kvaliteta.

To kad uzmes neki sklop koji treba da se ugradjuje u auto, pa kad vidis koliko je to jeftino i netehnologicno i neprakticno projektovano...jeza. Generalni trend evropske autoindustrije je trenutno takav.