Roger Federer

Boxy

• 3 weeks later...

@Boxy šta misliš, do kada će Federer da igra?

Penzionisan već 100 puta, a i dalje je tu.

Ja sam mislio da će se do sada povući. Međutim on i dalje kada je zdrav lagano ostaje u prvih 3 ili 5. Omladinci ga ne dobijaju lako i nije imao razlog da se povlači do sada.

Ja sam mislio da će to biti olimpijada 2020 ili nešto posle nje, ali očito je da planira da igra još.

Sad razmišljam i o onom ugovoru sa Uniqlo koji bar još 6-7 godina važi. Mada mi je nerealno da igra još toliko.

Ne znam, ja sam jos ranije tipovala 2018., ali to je sad vec davno proslo vreme :classic_biggrin:

Vise se ni ne usudjujem da tipujem, uzivam dok traje jer bukvalno moze svakog trenutka da prekine, a mislim da nece prekinuti dokle god bude imao dobre i odlicne rezultate i dokle god bude igrao polufinala i finala velikih turnira.

Takodje, veliki uticaj ima i publika i uvek puni stadioni, a sad cemo da vidimo kako ce to da izgleda ako bude igrao pred skroz praznim tribinama...

Roger Federer & his team are trying to prepare for a 'normal year', but it's difficult to discuss his schedule now: Coach Ivan Ljubicic

Federer will be in Dubai from mid-December for training purposes, but Ljubicic didn't comment on his exact plans for the first quarter of 2021. The Croat stressed that they were still waiting for official confirmation of the tour schedule.

"The first objective is obvious, to prepare for the first commitments of 2021, when we can play," Ljubicic said. "Then we'll see. I could say Wimbledon but it's obvious, that's always the top target for him.

"We will discuss the schedule when there is enough news," he added. "It is difficult to do it now, without fixed points. We are moving forward trying to prepare for a normal year. From 14 December, we are in Dubai to train, then, who knows."

Roger je stigao u Dubai, naredne 2-3 nedelje su kljucne :classic_biggrin:

Zanimljivi delovi iz intervjua koji je dao:

All four children play tennis. How is the junior doubles going?
We played quite a lot this year. The good thing is, you can always find ways to make it fun. The problem with tennis is that it takes time to get into it properly. Then it's fun. Now all four have arrived where they can play a longer rally. Meanwhile they also ask me if I come to play. At the beginning they said: “You are not my coach! Dad doesn't have to interfere in the game. " So I said: “Okay, no problem, do it the way you feel is right. At some point you might come to me or Mommy. "

Finally: are you staying in Switzerland for Christmas this year?
No, we'll be back in Dubai then. We've only celebrated once here since we had children. That was very nice, but also cumbersome, and from here the way to Australia is even longer. I really have to fully test my knee on the tennis court. With the hope that maybe I'll be enough for the Australian Open. Training indoors in the cold is not exactly ideal. But we're just at home wherever the family is.

Originalni intervju:

https://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/people/swiss-stars/zu-beginn-hiess-es-du-bist-nicht-mein-coach