IndyCar 2024

Radoye

https://racer.com/2023/12/18/this-is-indycars-moment-to-win-the-race-to-whats-next/

The winter of 2023 has been an offseason of discontent within the NTT IndyCar Series. In particular, the past 10 days have revealed some unsettling realities that require immediate and thoughtful attention following confirmation of another delay of the mild hybrid powertrain formula that was originally set to debut at the start of the 2023 season, then delayed until 2024 and is now delayed yet again.

• 3 weeks later...

https://racer.com/2024/01/04/abel-aims-to-follow-indy-500-return-with-full-time-program-in-2025/

Bill Abel is working on an ambitious plan to add a full-time NTT IndyCar Series program alongside his burgeoning Indy NXT effort.

The Kentucky-based construction company owner made his first foray into IndyCar team ownership last year at the Indianapolis 500 in partnership with Neil and RC Enerson, and plans to return in May for Abel Motorsports’ second adventure at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with a new chassis he’s due to receive from Dallara in the coming weeks.

The investment in a Dallara DW12 and more of the equipment needed to compete at every round is part of Abel’s bigger plans, which involve becoming IndyCar’s newest full-season entrant in 2025.

https://racer.com/2024/01/09/indycar-ims-and-iracing-reunite-with-multiyear-licensing-agreement/

Penske Entertainment and iRacing will move forward with a new business arrangement that will see the racing simulation company expand its range of offerings for the NTT IndyCar Series and the Indianapolis 500.

The deal does not, so far, include the creation of a console game for IndyCar, but RACER understands Penske Entertainment is actively seeking a partner to replace Motorsport Games, which abandoned its IndyCar console efforts late last year and had its contract terminated by the series.

Ocekivano:

https://racer.com/2024/01/09/foyt-completes-2024-indycar-lineup-with-ferrucci/

Santino Ferrucci will return to A.J. Foyt Racing as the full-season driver of the No. 14 Chevy.

Partnered with Sting Ray Robb, Ferrucci’s signing gives the Texan team its first all-American roster since 2004, when the family pairing of A.J. Foyt IV and Larry Foyt represented the four-time Indianapolis 500 winner in the Indy Racing League.

https://racer.com/2024/01/11/pratt-miller-engineering-working-its-plan-toward-indycar-program/

Pratt Miller Engineering, the Michigan-based racing operation that supported Team Chevy’s IndyCar program through 2022 and is responsible for building the Corvette Z06 GT3 as well as running General Motors’ factory Corvette IMSA GTD Pro effort, continues to work towards creating an NTT IndyCar Series team of its own with goal of launching in 2025.

Imamo potvrdjeno 25 od 27 vozaca za kompletnu sezonu, fale nam samo jos dvojica u Kojnu:

A.J. Foyt Racing

No. 14 Chevy, Santino Ferrucci

No. 41 Chevy, Sting Ray Robb (replacing Benjamin Pedersen, joining from Dale Coyne Racing)

Andretti Global

No. 26 Honda, Colton Herta

No. 27 Honda, Kyle Kirkwood

No. 28 Honda, Marcus Ericsson (replacing Romain Grosjean, joining from Chip Ganassi Racing)

Arrow McLaren

No. 5 Chevy, Pato O’Ward

No. 6 Chevy, David Malukas (replacing Felix Rosenqvist, joining from Dale Coyne Racing)

No. 7 Chevy, Alexander Rossi

Chip Ganassi Racing

No. 4 Honda, Kyffin Simpson (rookie, new entry)

No. 8 Honda, Linus Lundqvist (rookie, replacing Marcus Ericsson)

No. 9 Honda, Scott Dixon

No. 10 Honda, Alex Palou

No. 11 Honda, Marcus Armstrong

Dale Coyne Racing

TBD

TBD

Ed Carpenter Racing

No. 20 Chevy, Christian Rasmussen (rookie, road and street courses) and Ed Carpenter (ovals)

No. 21 Chevy, Rinus VeeKay

Juncos Hollinger Racing

No. 77 Chevy, Romain Grosjean (replacing Callum Ilott, joining from Andretti Global)

No. 78 Chevy, Agustin Canapino

Meyer Shank Racing

No. 60 Honda, Felix Rosenqvist (replacing Simon Pagenaud, joining from Arrow McLaren)

No. 66 Honda, Tom Blomqvist (rookie, replacing Helio Castroneves)

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing

No. 15 Honda, Graham Rahal

No. 30 Honda, Pietro Fittipaldi (replacing Jack Harvey)

No. 45 Honda, Christian Lundgaard

Team Penske

No. 2 Chevy, Josef Newgarden

No. 3 Chevy, Scott McLaughlin

No. 12 Chevy, Will Power

Za Indi 500, znamo sledece:

Abel Motorsports

No. 50 Chevy, R. C. Enerson

Andretti Herta with Curb-Agajanian

No. 98 Honda, Marco Andretti

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

No. 23 Chevy, TBD

No. 24 Chevy, YBD

Ed Carpenter Racing

TBD Chevy, Christian Rasmussen

McLaren-Hendrick

No. 17 Chevy, Kyle Larson

Meyer Shank Racing

No. 06 Honda, Helio Castroneves

...sto je ukupno 34 za sada potvrdjenih bolida, kao i prosle godine.

Za D&R Indi 500 tim kao najozbiljnije kandidati pominju se Rajan Hanter-Rej i Konor Dejli, dok su u kombinacijama i povratnik DzejAr Hildebrant i oporavljeni Stefan Vilson.

Za Kojnove bolide pominju se Kalum Ajlot i Devlin De Francesko ali i neka imena doskora u F2...

Uh kako me je ova recenica pomerila: "replacing Romain Grosjean, joining from Chip Ganassi Racing"

Ja procitao da je Gorzan kod Chip Ganassija, reko evo ga opet srecni dani, kao u vreme Zanardija, kad ono...

6 hours ago, Romantik said:

Uh kako me je ova recenica pomerila: "replacing Romain Grosjean, joining from Chip Ganassi Racing"

Ja procitao da je Gorzan kod Chip Ganassija, reko evo ga opet srecni dani, kao u vreme Zanardija, kad ono...

Mozda Grozanu odgovaraju manji timovi gde nema pritiska? Kod Kojna je bio dobar, kod Andretija je sagoreo. Hunkos je mali tim ali su u uzlaznoj putanji i imaju rezultate bolje nego sto bi se ocekivalo, ko zna mozda "kliknu" sa Grozanom pa bude jako dobro. U svakom slucaju meni je drago sto je RoGro jos uvek tu. 🙂

https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/12/palou-and-herta-admit-their-f1-hopes-appear-to-be-over/

Two IndyCar drivers previously tipped as potential candidates for Formula 1 seats have admitted their chances of entering the series have faded.

https://www.racefans.net/2024/01/13/drivers-dragon-move-ban-indy-500/

IndyCar drivers expect to see changes to the rules following the controversial conclusion to last year’s Indianapolis 500.

1 hour ago, Romantik said:

Jasno je da od titule nema nista, ali kako je to Indi, gde su svakakva cuda moguca, i gde neretko ne pobedjuje najbrzi, ja se nadam da ce ove sezone stici i ta prva pobeda.

Pa to je bitno, da skine sa sebe taj pritisak. Hunkos je mali tim ali su pokazali da su kadri da se umesaju medju velike - ako je titula za sada van domasaja moze se tu povratiti reputacija poljuljana u Andretiju i ponovo otvoriti vrata ka nekoj od ekipa iz samog vrha (npr. Ganasi)...

Jos jedna stvar - Hunkos od ove sezone ima Meklarenovu tehnicku podrsku...

- Kao moguci ali jos nepotvrdjeni bolidi za Indi 500 pominju se i cetvrti RLL sa Takumom Satoom za volanom a DzejAr Hildebrand se dovodi i u vezu sa potencijalnim trecim Fojtovim bolidom. Don Kusik koji je prosle godine u saradnji sa Kojnom finansirao bolid za Stefana Vilsona je ponovo zainteresovan za slicnu kombinaciju a pominje se i Bet Pareta sa svojom 100% zenskom ekipom. Medju vozacima bez angazmana javio se i Carli Kimbal, navodno i on sprema paket sponzora i trazi tim koji bi bio zainteresovan za njegove usluge. 

To je vec 37-38 bolida mada realno tesko da ce ici preko 36...

Pocinju testovi:

https://racer.com/2024/01/18/indycar-teams-preparing-for-first-test-of-2024/

The NTT IndyCar Series’ long winter of silence will finally be broken at the Miami Homestead facility on January 22-24 as most of the teams and drivers who comprise the field in 2024 are set to take turns lapping the large roval in Florida.

The three-day test is an important one for those in attendance as many of the pairings will get their first outing in Dallara DW12s that conform to IndyCar’s 2024 specifications, minus the energy recovery systems that will debut in competition at some point after May’s Indianapolis 500.

Due to supply delays with a number of the major new-for-2024 IndyCar chassis items, the teams headed to Homestead will be allowed to run a single car apiece in 2024 configuration. As more of those items are received and teams are able to update their entire fleet of cars, the series will allow teams to hit the track with more entries.

Nove olaksane komponente, da kompenzuju za povecanje tezine zbog hibridnog sistema pogona:

https://racer.com/2024/01/22/indycar-trims-down-car-weight-for-start-of-2024-season/

The exact weight loss figure won’t be known until every component in IndyCar’s new-for-2024 hybrid formula is completed, but speeds are expected to increase during the opening half of the season as the venerable Dallara DW12 chassis makes use of some new lightweight parts.

The range of components, which include a transition from heavier aluminum transmission casings and bellhousings to replacements made from magnesium, were commissioned by the NTT IndyCar Series to offset the new hybrid engine package, which adds a small but weighty energy recovery system that’s due to debut in competition at some point after the Indianapolis 500 in May.

On 1/18/2024 at 10:35 AM, Radoye said:

Nema zvanicnih rezultata sa danasnjih testova, nezvanicno najbrzi je bio Rozenkvist u MSR Hondi. Interesantno je da je za Kojna testirao Dzek Harvi doskorasnji vozac RLL - jos uvek cekamo da cujemo ko ce voziti dva Kojnova bolida ove godine...

U ostalim vestima, javio se Pazeno - simptomi od potresa mozga koji je zaradio u udesu prosle godine jos ne posustaju, i iako se vidi napredak jos uvek nije spreman da se vrati trkanju:

https://racer.com/2024/01/22/pagenaud-making-progress-in-recovery-from-mid-ohio-crash/

https://racer.com/2024/01/22/rosenqvist-fastest-in-opening-day-of-homestead-indycar-test/

New Meyer Shank Racing driver Felix Rosenqvist was fastest among the 10 teams and 10 drivers who took part in the first of three days of testing at the Homestead-Miami roval in Florida. The Swede turned a best unofficial lap of 1m11.244s in the No. 66 Honda, and had countryman Marcus Ericsson of Andretti Global close behind at a 1m11.446s in the No. 98 Honda.

Reigning NTT IndyCar Series champion Alex Palou was third for Chip Ganassi Racing in the No. 10 Honda (1m11.529s), and in fourth, Arrow McLaren newcomer David Malukas was the first Bowtie representative in the No. 5 Chevy (1m11.757s). Behind him it was Juncos Hollinger Racing’s Agustin Canapino in fifth with the No. 78 Chevy (1m12.249s) and Ed Carpenter Racing’s Rinus VeeKay in sixth with the No. 21 Chevy (1m12.342s).

Graham Rahal was seventh in the No. 15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda (1m12.486s), Team Penske’s Josef Newgarden was eighth in the No. 12 Chevy (1m12.587s), Dale Coyne Racing tester Jack Harvey was ninth in the No. 18 Honda (1m13.895s), and A.J. Foyt Racing’s Sting Ray Robb rounded out the top 10 in the No. 41 Chevy (1m14.632s).

https://racer.com/2024/01/23/herta-on-top-in-second-day-of-indycar-testing-at-homestead/

Andretti Global’s Colton Herta was fastest among the 11 drivers who took part on Day 2 of the three-day NTT IndyCar Series test on the Homestead-Miami roval.

Wheeling the No. 98 Honda, the Andretti veteran posted an unofficial top lap of 1m11.182s to lead Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon in the No. 9 Honda (1m11.404s), Arrow McLaren’s Pato O’Ward in the No. 5 Chevy (1m11.499s), Meyer Shank Racing’s Tom Blomqvist in the No. 60 Honda (1m11.607s), and Juncos Hollinger Racing’s Agustin Canapino in the No. 78 Chevy (1m11.661s).

Completing the rest of the runners, Team Penske’s Will Power was sixth in the No. 12 Chevy (1m11.786s); JHR’s Romain Grosjean, who took over from Canapino in the afternoon, was seventh (1m11.816s); Ed Carpenter Racing rookie Christian Rasmussen was eighth in the No. 20 Chevy (1m11.8832s); Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s Pietro Fittipaldi was ninth in the No. 30 Honda (1m12.191s); Dale Coyne Racing, which asked Jack Harvey to stay over for a second day of testing, was 10th (1m12.430s). A.J. Foyt Racing’s Sting Ray Robb was 11th in the No. 41 Chevy (1m12.856s).

https://racer.com/2024/01/24/kirkwood-fastest-on-final-day-of-indycar-homestead-test/

Andretti Global’s performances at the NTT IndyCar Series’ three-day test at Miami-Homestead Speedway were everything the team could hope for as Andretti Technologies client Meyer Shank Racing was fastest on Monday with Felix Rosenqvist, fastest again on Tuesday with its own Colton Herta, and quickest to close the visit to southern Florida with home state prodigy Kyle Kirkwood.

Kirkwood’s top lap of 1m11.277s in the No. 98 Honda also represented three straight days of the Honda Racing Corporation US-built motors leading the running on Homestead’s roval. Behind Kirkwood it was MSR’s Tom Blomqvist in the No. 60 Honda (1m11.475s), and Chip Ganassi Racing rookie Linus Lundqvist in the No. 8 Honda (1m11.640s) was third.

Ed Carpenter Racing’s Rinus VeeKay was fourth in the No. 21 Chevy (1m11.715s) and had Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s Christian Lundgaard close behind in fifth with the No. 45 Honda (1m11.835s). The nicest surprise of the test was Indy NXT race winner and pre-season NXT title favorite Nolan Siegel, who made his IndyCar testing debut with Dale Coyne Racing and clocked the sixth-fastest lap with the No. 18 Honda (1m11.842s). Siegel was a pinch faster than fellow Californian Alexander Rossi, who was seventh in the No. 5 Chevy (1m11.894s).

Team Penske’s Scott McLaughlin was eighth in the No. 12 Chevy (1m12.015s) and had Juncos Hollinger Racing’s Romain Grosjean — making his first appearance for his new team — in ninth with the No. 77 Chevy (1m12.221s). A.J. Foyt Racing’s Santino Ferrucci rounded out the list in 10th with the No. 14 Chevy (1m12.319s).

Nolan Sigel iz Indi Laj... ovaj, IndyNXT testirao za Kojna:

https://racer.com/2024/01/25/siegel-shines-in-indycar-testing-debut-with-coyne/

Nolan Siegel was fast on his NTT IndyCar Series testing debut with Dale Coyne Racing as the Indy NXT star was a fraction of a second behind race winner Christian Lundgaard but edged Arrow McLaren’s Alexander Rossi on the way to posting the sixth-fastest lap on Wednesday.

Jos uvek cekamo potvrdu ko ce voziti Kojnove bolide ove sezone, pored Sigela na testovima u Majamiju ucestvovao je i Dzek Harvi a nedavno na Sebringu testirali su i Enco Fitipaldi i jos jedan NXT-ovac Dzejkob Ejbl...