IndyCar sezona 2019

Borko

Tek je prvih sat vremena testiranja proslo danas (obicno je najbrzi zadnji sat, "hepi aur" od 5 popodne) a Dikson vec vozi krugove od 228.8. Ludilo koliko su brzi ove godine u odnosu na proslu! :krstipd4:

EDIT: O'Vord koji juce nije obavio ruki program zbog tehnickih problema upravo ga je polozio i slobodan je da se pridruzi ostalima u testiranju!

Edited by Radoye

Alonso first to crash in Indy practice

2019-indy-500-wednesday-may-15_mpruett_b Image by Marshall Pruett

By: Marshall Pruett | 12 minutes ago

Fernando Alonso became the first driver to hit the wall during practice for the 103rd running of the Indianapolis 500.

The Spaniard’s No. 66 McLaren Racing Chevy had completed a lap of 224.269 mph while running close to Graham Rahal and understeered into the Turn 3 wall. Striking with the right-front wheel first, the two-time Formula 1 world champion spun to the infield, struck the wall with the back of the car, and slid across to Turn 4, where he made additional contact with the front of the car. Prior to the crash, the team focused on making damper changes at the car’s rear.

The 37-year-old leapt from the car immediately and appeared to be uninjured. He was then checked and cleared to drive by the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

“It was pure understeer on the car, and even though I lifted the throttle on the entry to the corner, it was not enough and the wall was too close and came too quickly,” he said. “Fortunately, it happened today. Sorry for the team, and we will come back strongly tomorrow.”

The team has two new cars for its return to the Indy 500, giving it the option to resume with its spare car once a motor is fitted, or to repair the crashed car and continue practicing with it on Thursday.

“We’re just going to hover around the car here and assess the situation and make a decision [on whether to switch to the spare car] in the coming hours,” said McLaren sporting director Gil de Ferran. “We’d been fighting understeer this morning, and it looks like he just understeered into the wall and that was that.”

Dobro nam je krenulo u Indijanapolisu...

Rezultati od danas:

https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/indycar-results-p2-1.pdf

Njugarden najbrzi ispred Diksona, top 6 su Sevi-Honda-Sevi-Honda-Sevi-Honda, dakle prilicno izjednaceno. Prvih 7 je islo preko 228 mph, dakle jucerasnji dan i neocekivane brzine nije bio plod slucajnosti. Bice ovo mnogo brz Indi.

Prica dana je naravno udes Alonsa, njegov prvi znacajniji problem na IMS ikad, a takodje je i Rozenkvist danas proveravao tvrdocu ograde oko staze. Obojica su nepovredjeni ali bolidi su posteno olupani.

Nakon Alonsa i Rozenkvista, danas je red dosao i na novog Red Bul juniora O'Vorda da testira tvrdocu ograda oko IMS. I on je iz udesa izasao nepovredjen ali bolid je potpuno unisten.

Inace danas do sada 35 bolida na stazi, jos uvek nema Alonsa. Juce su izgubili skoro citav dan testiranja, pod moranje je da izadju sto pre inace sanse su dobre da se nece ni uspeti da se kvalifikuju za Indi.

Edited by Radoye

Sat ipo pre kraja danasnjeg FP, zuta zastava zbog vremenskih (ne)prilika - grmljavina u okolini staze.

Ako ovo nastavi ovako sanse da se Alonso u subotu kvalifikuje za top 30 se rapidno smanjuju. Kako stvari stoje bice veliki uspeh ako se uopste bude i kvalifikovao.

Daljnji program za danas je otkazan.

Sutra je "brzi petak", motori se bustuju za kvalifikacije, zadnje krilo se obara na negativne uglove tako da umesto prianjanja daje uzgon da bi bolidi mogli da driftuju kroz krivine i voze krugove pod punim gasom. Naravno, sa ovako agresivnim setapom gume traju otprilike 3,5 kruga - a kvalifikacije se voze na prosek od 4 kruga (sabiraju se vremena - recimo dobar nacin da se ovo gleda je da je svaki od 4 kruga jedan sektor jednog velikog kvalifikacionog kruga od 10 milja duzine sa 16 krivina). Mnogi vozaci kazu da nema stresnije situacije od kvalifikacija za Indi jer bolid sa kojim ulazis u prvu krivinu prvog kruga i onaj sa kojim izlazis iz cetvrte krivine cetvrtog kruga su drasticno razliciti a zidovi oko staze ne prastaju ni najmanju gresku...

McLaren looking to rebound after "serious setback"

16c3066-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1 Image by IndyCar

By: Mark Glendenning | 2 hours ago

McLaren is looking for an opportunity to rebound on Friday after a difficult start to its Indianapolis 500 program that culminated in the team failing to turn a single lap on Thursday.

Fernando Alonso’s No.66 car spent Wednesday night in the garage being rebuilt after it sustained extensive damage in an accident just after midday, and the rebuilding process continued into Thursday when it was determined that an engine change would also be required ­– a job that McLaren sporting director Gil de Ferran admitted was a big ask for a group of crew members that are still getting to know one another.

“Yesterday the team reviewed the damage and we took the decision to change to the backup car,” de Ferran said.

“During that process last night, it also transpired that we had damaged the engine and that resulted in an engine change that added an additional workload. While we have a number of experienced individuals in the team, we are still relatively new as a crew. Because of this and the fact that we have deep respect for Indianapolis, we are being careful and measured in our approach and want to ensure we’re sending the best possible car out on track.”

The problem means that Alonso will go into Friday with just 96 laps under his belt – the second-least of anyone in the field other than Carlin’s Pato O’Ward, who sits at 94 laps after his own day was cut short by an accident on Thursday. The two-time world champion is also yet to register on the upper reaches of the timing screens; his fastest lap for the week sitting at a modest 225.433mph. A concern, de Ferran conceded – but not an insurmountable one.

“Not running today was a serious setback to our Indy 500 program, but all is not lost,” he said. “We should have a full day of practice and preparations for qualifying tomorrow and our goal will be to have a nice, clean day.”

Rezultati od danas: https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/indycar-results-p3.pdf

Rezultati bez pomoci zavetrine: https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/indycar-nontowtimes-p3.pdf

Kombinovani rezultati do sada: https://racerdigital.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/indycar-results-pcomb-p3.pdf

Alonso je na 32. mestu do sada...

Edited by Radoye

McLaren “not panicking” over Alonso no-show on Day 3 at Indy

McLaren “not panicking” over Alonso no-show on Day 3 at Indy

By: David Malsher
13h ago

McLaren CEO Zak Brown says the atmosphere within the McLaren Racing IndyCar team is calm despite Fernando Alonso being left with just one practice day before qualifying for the Indianapolis 500 begins on Saturday.

Alonso has completed just 96 laps over the past three days of practice, with electrical issues on Tuesday restricting his running to 50 laps, before he crashed at Turn 3 on Wednesday having run 46 laps. By contrast, the busiest driver, Spencer Pigot of Ed Carpenter Racing, has turned 302 laps.

Following the shunt, McLaren has switched from its UK-built chassis to the Carlin/John Cummiskey-built car, fitting it with a fresh Chevrolet the original having suffered damage.

According to team sporting director Gil de Ferran in an official release, that engine change was “an additional workload.”

He went on to admit: “Not running today was a serious setback to our Indy 500 program, but all is not lost. We should have a full day of practice and preparations for qualifying tomorrow and our goal will be to have a nice, clean day.”

Brown told Motorsport.com: “We’re not allowed to have a true spare car [chassis and engine] so we’ve got to build it up and it’s important we get it right. It’s not ideal.”

Asked if there was a sense of panic that the team and Alonso are inadequately prepared for Fast Friday – where the BorgWarner turbos are turned up to 1.4-bar (from 1.3) and the cars are trimmed for qualifying simulations ahead of Pole Day and Bump Day at the weekend – Brown denied it.

“No, no, they’re relaxed,” he said. “Fernando is a little sore from his accident – his legs bent the steering wheel – but he’s fine.

"But you know what Indy is like. If you panic, that’s when you make a mistake so you’ve just got to keep your cool and build rhe car and get it right and make sure you get the setup right. It takes a long time on the setup pad to get the configuration, and I don’t think you can rush it."

Brown admitted that in this circumstance, being a separate entity and not just being part of the Andretti Autosport multi-car effort as McLaren was back in 2017 – and also doing Indy 500 as a one-off – is hurting the squad.

To put it in perspective, Felix Rosenqvist crashed his Chip Ganassi Racing-Honda 4.5 hours after Alonso’s shunt, but his new car was rolled through tech inspection at 10am this morning and was ready to hit the track when it opened at 11am.

“Being a new team is certainly a disadvantage as it takes time,” said Brown. “The guys are all very experienced but they’ve not worked together as a team before. So this is the first time they’ve had to rebuild a car overnight and you’re always going to do it a second time or third time or fourth time.

“But the only way to get through that is to be a new team once, learn from it. But they’re cool, calm and collected.”

Regarding the plan for car setup on Fast Friday – to either get Alonso’s confidence back with raceday downforce, or to launch into qualifying simulations with the car trimmed out – Brown said: “We don’t know yet. They want to see when we roll off where the car’s at, so I think tonight we’ll decide what tomorrow’s plan looks like.

“Fernando will be back on it from the first lap. But we’ve just got to make sure what the racecar’s like. None of them are identical – they should be, but… Once we get it on the track he’ll want to put his foot down right away but you need to go through the right system checks and show some patience.”

comical-ali-tanks-in-background-2.jpg

Jbg me'scini da ima itekako razloga za paniku, osim ako Zek nije vec sredio lovu da kupi neki od kvalifikovanih bolida za Alonsa njegove sanse da se kvalifikuje su se drasticno smanjile...

Nije Alonso od juce pa da zbog jednog propustenog dana ne bude u stanju da se kvalifikuje. Ok, ovo su velike brzine, nesto sto nije imao prilike cesto da iskusi i treba vremena da to mozak sve apsorbuje, ali budimo realni nije ni smak sveta propustiti jedan dan, pogotovo kad nema nikakvih kazni.

Nije stvar u Alonsu, stvar je u setapu bolida. Bogotac nece kvalifikovati bolid za Indi ako sam bolid nije dovoljno brz. Alonso je do sada ostvario 32. vreme od 36 vozaca - njih 33 se kvalifikuje. Svi ostali ce danas da optimizuju setap za kvalifikacije koje pocinju a Meklaren jos uvek nema ni onaj bazicni setap odradjen. 24. aprila na slobodnim testovima odvezli su jednocifren broj krugova zbog kvara, u utorak su vozili samo pola dana takodje zbog tehnickih problema, u sredu je sve funkcionisalo ali se Alonso slupao na pola dana, u cetvrtak nisu izasli na stazu uopste. Sveukupno su od raspoloziva 4 dana do sada izvezli dan i kusur i to sve iscepkano na parcice. Pri cemu je ovaj bolid znacajno drugaciji od onog koji je Alonso vozio 2017. sa mnogo manje aeroprianjanja i tokom trke evoluira na potpuno drugaciji nacin.

Alonso trenutno 27. od 36 po apsolutnoj brzini, a treci otpozadi ako gledamo brzine bez pomoci zavetrine (drugi ako ne brojimo Kajzera koji se slupao pre nego sto je izvezao valjan krug).

Kako stvari sada stoje prognozira se kisa za nedelju tako da je moguce da ce redosled ostvaren u subotnjim kvalifikacijama biti i konacan, bez prilike za "popravni" za poslednji red i za top 9 za pol.

EDIT: Odlicne vesti za Junkos Rejsing:

Edited by Radoye

Izgleda da se Braun konacno budi i da i njemu postaje jasno u kakvom su kanalu:

Brown: McLaren in for ‘nerve-racking’ weekend

1017504357-lat-20190514-levitt-i500-0519 Image by Levitt/LAT

By: Chris Medland | 38 minutes ago

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown admits his team is in for a “nerve-racking” weekend after missing out on all of Thursday’s practice ahead of Indianapolis 500 qualifying.

Fernando Alonso crashed during Wednesday’s session and McLaren was unable to get its spare chassis ready in time to run on Thursday, leaving the team with plenty to catch up on during Fast Friday. Alonso was back out on track for much of Friday morning, and while Brown accepts his driver making such an error, he says the team should have been more prepared.

“It’s been a tricky month so far,” Brown told NBC Sports Network. “We had an electrical issue on the first day so we didn’t get as much running in as we’d hoped. The car was slow but kind of new, and we were running a lot of downforce on it just to be on the safe side. Then we got going pretty good on the second day, he was happy, and then unfortunately ended up in the fence.

“As Dario (Franchitti) said, there’s those who have been in the fence and those who will be in the fence, so he’s done that. I think he actually felt kind of macho about the whole ‘I hit an Indy wall’!

“Then, yesterday was a struggle. We weren’t ready with our spare car, it wasn’t quite as finished as it should be, quite frankly. Then obviously we were caught out by the rain so that’s made things a bit nerve-racking. We got out this morning and fortunately (ran) the car and feel a lot better now that we’ve been out, but there’s still a long way to go.”

Two separate crews built up the two McLaren cars – one group at its factory in Woking and another at Carlin’s U.S. base in Florida – and Indianapolis is the first time they have all come together as a group. Brown says that contributed to the slow build time on Thursday, and the setback has left him wary of the danger of being bumped from the 33 in qualifying.

“I think that’s what Indianapolis is, especially when you have an accident you’re on the back foot right away,” he said. “The team are very experienced as individuals, we’ve got lots of Indy wins in the team but what we haven’t done is work together as a team.

“So when you have an incident and you’ve got to start running to check over the car, that’s where an experienced team that has done it many times get it done quicker. But we’re keeping our cool. I think everyone’s pleased that this morning went alright, but it’s going to be nerve-racking this weekend.”

Ovde se vidi  koliki je propust ucinjen sto se nije insistiralo na vozenju cele sezone (ili bar nekoliko trka pre Indija) nego se tim prvi put ovde sastao. Meklaren je zaposlio kvalitetne i iskusne ljude ali svakoj ekipi treba vremena da se uhoda. Cini mi se da ih je iskustvo sa Andretijem 2017. uljuljkalo i dalo im laznu sliku da je na Indiju sve lako i jednostavno - mozda i jeste kad si deo masinerije poput Andretija, ali kad si solo tim sa novim ljudima i samo jednim bolidom (Karlinova podrska manje-vise, i oni su jos uvek nov tim koji ima jos puno toga da nauci) to je sasvim druga prica. Deluje mi da su pod utiskom iskustva iz 2017. i Alonso i Meklaren pomalo arogantno potcenili izazov Indija.

Mislim da bi sve mnogo glatkije funkcionisalo da je bolid isteran u St. Pitu, Ostinu, Barberu, Long Bicu, da je tamo uradjena provera svih sistema, da su se ljudi u tehnickom timu medjusobno upoznali i izgladili komunikaciju, da su se mehanicari uigrali... Iako sto se tice setapa i nacina voznje na "redovnim" stazama nasuprot IMS ovalu ne bi bilo puno toga da se nauci ipak bi se to sve moglo iskoristiti da se istresu "bubice" iz sistema pa bi i sam napad na Indi isao mnogo bolje.

Na kraju dana Konor Dejli najbrzi ispred Andretija i Satoa (svi Honde), pa Pigot cetvrti kao najbolji Sevi. Alonso se popravio na 24. mesto ali bez zavetrine je to jos uvek tanko, samo su cetvorica sporija od njega. Bice jako gusto sutra, narocito ako Junkos osposobi Kajzerov bolid.

• Radoye unpinned this topic