Tottenham Hotspur FC

Doorn

Bravo za Kejna, i nacinjen penal nad njim i naravno lagano realizovan, obozavam tog momka.

Maura je dao strasan gol, prosto neverovatno da su dopustili da ne pobede. Ali, bod na strani, u Engleskoj ih dobiti i prolazak je realan.

Protiv Zvezde ne bi trebali da kiksnemo ni tamo ni kod nas, igrace se na gol vise a mi imamo za klasu jaci napadacki repertoar. Bajern - trebalo bi da uzmemo makar podelu bodova iz dvomeca.

• Thanks 1

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino said he needs time to overcome the "different agendas in the squad" after his side's difficult start to the season continued with a Carabao Cup exit at League Two Colchester United.

Spurs lost 4-3 on penalties after a goalless draw in the third-round tie.

Pochettino has spoken of his squad being "unsettled" this season.

"We need time again to build that togetherness that you need when you are competing at this level," he said.

_108936710_spurs.jpg

Tottenham reached the Champions League final in June but the success of that run came amid a sequence of four wins in 17 games in all competitions.

They are 10 points adrift of Premier League leaders Liverpool after six matches this season and have won none of their five away fixtures, conceding twice in four of those games.

Uncertainty around the futures of influential players, including forward Christian Eriksen and defenders Jan Vertonghen, Danny Rose and Toby Alderweireld left Pochettino eager for the 2 September European transfer window deadline to pass so he had certainty about his squad.

But with none of those players leaving - plus Eric Dier falling out of favour - Pochettino said a group that has been largely stable during his five years at Spurs now needs a period of certainty.

"When you have an unsettled squad always it's difficult and you lose time, then you need time to recover the time you lose," added the Argentine.

"That's where we are. Maybe our performances are good but you need this extra, which is mental, connection. It's energy to be all together, not to have different agendas in the squad.

"We are in a period where it's a bit tough for us, but we keep working to find a solution.

"When this type of thing happens it's about staying clear and fresh and calm. We're trying to find solutions and we only need time."

Tottenham's defeat at Colchester - who are 10th in League Two, 70 places below them - means Pochettino has lost one route to a first trophy of his managerial career.

He made 10 changes, giving debuts to 17-year-old forward Troy Parrott and 20-year-old centre-back Japhet Tanganga.

But there was also plenty of experience, with Dier making his first appearance of the season, Dele Alli returning from injury and Victor Wanyama, Lucas Moura and Davinson Sanchez in the starting XI.

By full-time, Spurs had Eriksen, Son Heung-min, Erik Lamela, Moura and Alli on the pitch as they chased a place in the last 16.

But they managed only four shots on target in the game and Colchester looked just as likely to snatch victory as the match headed towards penalties.

Eriksen and Moura missed from the spot as Colchester won the shootout 4-3.

"We did nearly everything good until the last third," said Pochettino. "Sometimes you score, sometimes you don't.

"We feel disappointed because we dominated the 90 minutes, but we were not aggressive in the last third in the way you expect.

"It's about doing your job, and this lack of aggression in the last third made the reality."

'The house that Poch built is tumbling down' - what you said on #bbcfootball
Jason Wakeling: Poch has taken this squad as far as he can. Overachieved for too long and other clubs fading has helped elevate Spurs to a loftier position than their performances deserve. Only 34 points since the start of 2019. #pochout

Dax Fullbrook: Been a fan of Poch over the years but something isn't right. He doesn't seem to care any more. The squad act self-entitled - the ones that want to be there at least. They've lost faith in a system that was stunted by [chairman] Daniel Levy. Spurs are in need of a big change.

Brian Sands: Big question now for Pochettino - does he hang around with gutless players who do not have the wherewithal to win any trophy or does he voluntarily walk away before Levy sharpens his axe?

Timothy Poole: A blessing in disguise for Spurs?

Robert Weaver: This is what happens when you rock up with 10 changes & expect a lower league team to simply roll over. Embarrassing doesn't begin to cover it. Congrats to Colchester, but the house that Poch built is tumbling down around his ears. What an utter shambles!

James Williams: Am I the only Spurs fan not actually too bothered? It will save us tricky away games which should boost us in the league. People saying it's a shambles are out of their minds.

Aleksandar Todorov: Carabao Cup is realistically Tottenham's best chance when it comes to silverware. They shouldn't be beaten by Colchester with the team they have. In the words of Eric Dier, that was embarrassing. Pochettino with a lot to think about.

Превише филозофира Покетино. Има екипу играча на којој могу само да му позавиде, шта се он бави кад коме истиче уговор?

Позади Лорис, Алдервеирелд, Вертонген, на средини терена Ериксен, Ндомбеле, Деле Али, у навали Лукас Моура, Кејн, Сон.

Његово је само да изведе овај тим у најбитнијим утакмицама и да их држи у топ физичком стању повременим ротацијама.

Остало све леже на своје место, природним екстра квалитетом играча.

Наравно, најискреније се надам да ће тренутно погубљено и хаотично стање у тиму потрајати и на утакмицама са Звездом, мада ни тамо не цвета цвеће.

Edited by Znanje imanje

- Totenhem mora da nesto menja pod hitno, kola su otisla odavno nizbrdo. Takav kvalitet, a takav raspad. Ispasce kao da su Rose i Trippier nesto znacili u odbrani... Kejn igra kao lud, i to nije ni blizu dovoljno za respektabilne rezultate. Ne znam, opet nema Lukasa Maure, mislim da moraju da se rese Sona (posto Kejna sigurno nece) i da ubace Mauru u masinu, jer je decko verovatno najbolji igrac TOttenhema. Slazes li se, @Doorn ?

@delgado

Nesto nije u redu u svlacionici i Poch nema odgovor na to. Takodje je nejasno sta se desava u glavama Vertongena, Alderweirelda i Eriksena. Oce ide nece ide, hoce ugovor nece ugovor.

Poch je dobio pojacanja koja je trazio. Na zalost jedan je u pozajmnici u starom klubu dok druga dvojica jos nisu igrali. Trenutno Sessegnon i Lo Celso treniraju na otvorenom tako da se nadam da ce nam se pridruziti sto prije. Rose ce na klupu kad se oporavi Sessegnon. Cim se oporave KWP i Foyth ode i Aurier na klupu. Winks ima jako los period u zadnje vrijeme i igra bas lose. Ne razumjem sto ga Poch toliko forsira. Delle nije ni blizu onoga kako je znao da bude. Ndombele ce biti dobar igrac kad se navikne na brzinu igre u Engleskoj. Son uvjek treba da je tu. Nama je problem i sredina i odbrana sto se fino vidjelo u utorak vece. Takodje se igraci zale na diamant sistem koji Poch forsira. Ne mogu da se naviknu i kosta ih jako mnogo energije. 

LONDON -- One by one, the Tottenham players left their brand-new stadium late on Tuesday night after the embarrassment of their 7-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League. Groggy and shocked by what had happened to them a few hours earlier, they had stayed in the dressing room for a long time after the final whistle, sitting in quiet contemplation, not really realising what had hit them.

Never in Tottenham's long history had the club conceded seven goals at home in any competition. Bayern taught them a lesson; the Germans were not only more clinical, but also more organised. On the other hand, Spurs were a mess, and once again the flaws that they have been showing since the start of the season appeared. But what went wrong?

Sources have told ESPN FC that tension are high between senior players in the squad, which has been together for about five years. For some of them, there was only one place to go after reaching the Champions League final last season: down. Others wanted out. Christian Eriksen, for example, failed to orchestrate a move out of the club, while other players have expressed frustration behind the scenes that Spurs didn't sign enough players this summer, with only Tanguy Ndombele, Ryan Sessegnon and Giovanni Lo Celso arriving in North London. Sessegnon has been injured since joining, while Lo Celso has played just 44 minutes in all competitions so far.

The transfer market has created problems between manager Mauricio Pochettino and chairman Daniel Levy and the board. The manager angrily reminded everyone, once more, at the end of July, that he was not in charge of transfer dealings and that he was not a manager as such but more of a head coach.

The players are also questioning their manager's tactics, adding to the tensions.

Sources have told ESPN FC that some senior players are not happy with the tactical systems, starting with the diamond midfield 4-3-1-2, recently used by Pochettino. It enables Son Heung-Min and Harry Kane to play together up front but the midfield is more exposed, as are the flanks, and Spurs have only kept two clean sheets this season (against Crystal Palace and Colchester) in 10 matches in all competitions.

Then there is the flat 4-4-2, also used this season, which left Tottenham too weak in central midfield, as we saw against Arsenal. Against Bayern, Pochettino started with a 4-3-1-2 and then moved to a 4-4-2 after 30 minutes when his team started to struggle. Neither worked. "We get tired too quickly physically when we play with a diamond midfield," Moussa Sissoko admitted on French TV channel RMC Sport on Tuesday night.

The players also don't understand why Pochettino has told them to dial back the pressing, a tactic that was a success last season.

Some of the manager's team selections have not paid off. Dele Alli was picked ahead of Christian Eriksen against Bayern, and also against Olympiakos, but was poor in both encounters. The decision to leave Son on the bench for 73 minutes against the Greeks was also hard to understand.

But not everything so far this season is Pochettino's fault.

The players have to take some of the blame, and Sissoko lamented after Tuesday's disaster: "We gave up too quickly tonight." But are the tensions in the squad adversely affecting the team on the pitch?

A troubling pattern has emerged this season: the players tend to drop their concentration on either side of half-time. Against Bayern, Spurs conceded a goal in the 45th minute, and then in the 53rd and 55th minutes. At Arsenal in the Premier League, they went 2-0 up but were caught out by Alexandre Lacazette's goal just before the break and allowed their bitter rivals to snatch a 2-2 draw. Then, two weeks ago, they were up 2-0 against Olympiakos before the Greeks scored in the 44th and 54th minutes to equalise.

Now Pochettino is under even more pressure to find the answers to his team's problems. The players have one more game, away at Brighton on Saturday, before the international break, to put things right. But the battering by Bayern Munich, and its consequences both on and off the pitch, could have a big impact on an already difficult season.

• Like 1

Vinks je meni licno najveci rebus koji je Poketino postavio.

Znaci bukvalno ti trebaju tri utakmice da bi video da od decka nikad igrac nece biti, on ga forsira, a sredina napunjena kao Arsenalu nekad, sve igraci slicnog kvaliteta, nemas gde i kud. Na primer, Mejson kojeg ste prodali Halu posle jedne jedine sezone gde je bio u prvom timu je u toj sezoni pokazao mnogo vise nego Vinks za ove da kazemo tri koliko dobija malo vise sanse.

Ja razumem, academy player i to sve, ali upadate polako u arsenalovsku zamku sa forsiranjem takvih igraca.

• Like 1

Hari Vinks je idelan za sredinu terena Totenhema. Kreativan je, a ima sposobnost da organizuje aktivan presing.

Baš je očigledno da se radi o inteligentnom igraču sa jakim karakterom, veoma koristan za Totenhem uz odlične Ndombelea, Dele Alija i Lo Selsa.

Veoma jaka sredina terena, pogotovo što je Kristijan Eriksen još uvek tu.

Ako je on kreativan, Dzaka je Zidan. Daj ne zajebavaj, lik je prvo fizicki nedorastao da igra vrhunski premijerligaski fudbal, vadi ga sto je Britanac i sto trci kao konj, bukvalno nijedan drugi kvalitet nema.

Da nije Britanac i dete Totenhema ako bi i igrao fudbal i dalje u Engleskoj, to bi mogao da bude neki Barnsli ili Blekburn u najboljem slucaju po njega.

Au kakva gomila gluposti i budalaština.

Neko se drznuo da jednog elitnog engleskog reprezentativca upoređuje sa maloumnim buzdovanom? Samo je penal koji je napravio u poslednjem derbiju dovoljan da se vidi koliko je to glup igrač.

Ubuduće zaobiđi moje postove, lupetaj gluposti na nekom drugom mestu 😃

Ti si se inace dokazao ovde da bi mogao neargumentovano da mi odbrusis na taj nacin.

Doduse, jasno mi je kakvo znanje i imanje imas kad ti je Vinks elitni engleski reprezentativac, sto je inace dokaz vrhunskog kvaliteta fudbalera, imajuci u vidu uspehe koje je Engleska postigla u poslednjih 20-ak godina 😄 Tu su negde sa Svajcarskom, kolju se. A ovaj maloumni budzovan standardan kod njih, kapiten isto, ej.

Edited by McLeod