Klasika

Borko

John Wickham, the owner of the Spirit team that raced in F1 in the mid-eighties, has died aged 73 after a long illness.

Spirit joined the grid for the 1983 season with Honda B7LE engines – at the time the Japanese manufacturer’s first F1 engines since they left the sport in the late-sixties. The team started a total of 26 grands prix between 1983 and 1985 – fielding drivers such as Stefan Johansson – but did not score any points.

Wickham later acted as director of the Arrows team in the early 1990s and was then in charge of the Bentley Le Mans programme which took victory in the illustrious 24 hour race in 2003. Wickham was also head of operations for the A1GP series, which ran from 2005 to 2009.

19. avgust 1909, start prve trke na IMS u Indijanapolisu.

Zamisljen kao trodnevni festival tokom kojeg su se trebale voziti dve kvalifikacione trke na 250 milja i finale na 300 milja, ovaj dogadjaj je na kraju prekinut nakon nekoliko tragicnih udesa u kojima je poginulo ukupno petoro ljudi - jedan vozac, dva suvozaca-mehanicara i dva gledaoca. Problem je bio sa podlogom koja je nakon ovog fijaska zamenjena ciglama...

326310947-1541778459645213-5937021572509

• Like 1

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/häkkinen-on-sennas-reaction-to-his-f1-debut-he-went-berserk/?v=79cba1185463

"He asked me, ‘Mika, what did you do?’ And I said, ‘Ayrton, it’s balls,’ – and he went berserk!"

Mika Häkkinen reveals how illustrious team-mate Ayrton Senna reacted to the Finn's scintillating McLaren debut.

:lol_2:

Al Unser Jr vs Martin Brundle vs Geoff Brabham vs Davy Jones vs Juan Manuel Fangio II. Those were just some of the stars battling at the wild IMSA GTP season finale on the streets surrounding the Del Mar horse racing fairgrounds. One of the great circuits of old put on an amazing show and gave IMSA fans an unexpected outcome to celebrate. Upscaled to HD specs (1920x1080).

Edited by Radoye

Navodno Berni namestion sampionat 1981?

https://www.grandprix.com/news/ecclestone-tells-truth-about-1981-f1-injustice.html

Former F1 driver Carlos Reutemann's daughter says she is glad that Bernie Ecclestone confessed to interfering in the outcome of the 1981 world championship.

In his early days of running the sport, Ecclestone doubled as owner of the Brabham team - whose Nelson Piquet arrived at the Las Vegas finale locked in a title battle with Williams' Reutemann.

"After the first day of practice it was obvious that the drivers were going to have problems with neck pain," former F1 supremo Ecclestone said in a new documentary about his life called Lucky.

"Carlos was speaking to the masseur in the pits. I went to see that person and after a financial discussion they decided to favour Nelson instead.

"We won the championship and that was the end for Carlos who stopped racing soon after. I don't know if I ever told him that," Ecclestone, 92, added.

Reutemann, who later became a prominent Argentinean politician and died in 2021, ultimately lost the 1981 title to Ecclestone's driver by a single point.

When told about the masseur story, Reutemann's daughter Cora told Cadena 3 radio: "I already knew that.

"Not just what he confessed about the masseur, but something far more serious, which is that the Brabham was unfit for racing because of the prohibited ground effect.

"The day before my father died, I sent Bernie a message asking him to be honest with my father and tell him before he passed away that he was the true champion of 1981.

"Unfortunately, he died the next day and the matter remained in limbo. I never imagined it would have such significance as it does now.

"Bernie told me I could ask him anything I needed," Cora added. "I asked him to tell the truth. He did it publicly, which is much better."

Potvrdio je da je platio masera kome su se vozaci obracali zbog problema sa bolovima u vratu da sabotira Rojtemanovu terapiju tokom vikenda, sto je ovaj i uradio pa je sampion postao Pike.

A Rojtemanova cerka tvrdi da su postojale sumnje i u nelegalnost Pikeovog bolida za tu trku.