IndyCar 2020

Radoye

Njugarden ispred Rosija i ViKeja, dobra borba u finisu za 2-3-4-5 mesto izmedju Herte, Rozenkvista, Rosija i ViKeja, kao i za 7-8-9 izmedju Diksona, Pauera i Rehola. Jedino odustajanje Andreti zbog kvara. Greota sto sam propustio veci deo trke, deluje da je bio spektakl.

Neka, sutra idemo ponovo! 🙂

12 hours ago, Radoye said:

Njugarden ispred Rosija i ViKeja, dobra borba u finisu za 2-3-4-5 mesto izmedju Herte, Rozenkvista, Rosija i ViKeja, kao i za 7-8-9 izmedju Diksona, Pauera i Rehola. Jedino odustajanje Andreti zbog kvara. Greota sto sam propustio veci deo trke, deluje da je bio spektakl.

Neka, sutra idemo ponovo! 🙂

Odlicna trka bila. Puno preticanja. Sjajna borba Veekey-a i Herte na pocetku, s tim sto se Rinus malo previse napalio pa potrosio 50 sekundi push to pass vec u prva 5 kruga. Posle ga to mnogo kostalo. 

Kuburilo se na crnim gumama, skoro kod svakog od vozaca. Jedino odustajanje Marco Andretti. Cista trka puna uzbudjenja, bas ono sto volim.

Joseph izdominirao i imao jedini PTP sekunde na kraju od prvih 5. Dixon se poradjao cele trke, malo ziherasio malo ga zezao bolid.

Ocekujem slicnu trku danas, mozda jos dinamicniju jer je kraca za 10 krugova.

• Like 1

Solidna trka, ne toliko "zivahna" kao juce ali ni razlike izmedju prvoplasiranog i ostatka podijuma nisu bile toliko velike. Na kraju Pauer ispred Herte i Rosija.

Sporiji tempo (najbrzi krug danas skoro sekund sporiji od jucerasnjeg) implicira da su svi stedeli gorivo da izvuku taktiku sa dva stopa. Ponovo cista trka bez zutih zastava od starta do cilja.

Finale sezone u St. Pitu 25. oktobra!

• 2 weeks later...

Askju i AMSP raskidaju saradnju:

Oliver Askew and Arrow McLaren SP will part ways after the October 25 season finale at St. Petersburg. If the reigning Indy Lights champion is cleared by the NTT IndyCar Series medical team, he will return to the seat recently filled by Helio Castroneves to drive for AMSP in a home state farewell.

The talented Floridian experienced a promising start to his rookie season in the No. 7 Chevy, earning ninth on his debut at Texas, and adding a third and a sixth at Iowa. A pair of hard crashes at Indianapolis – on the road course in July, and at the Indy 500 in August – appeared to leave the 23-year-old with lingering concussion-like effects that resulted in a downturn in results.

Following another uncharacteristically poor outing at the mid-September Mid-Ohio doubleheader, Askew sought independent medical advisement, and with IndyCar’s medical staff inserted into the matter, he was not cleared to drive at the recent Harvest Grand Prix on the IMS road course. Three-time Indy 500 winner Castroneves was drafted in to substitute for Askew, and while the Brazilian’s finishing positions were unremarkable, the team is known to have been pleased with his overall contributions.

Although no reason for the split was cited, it’s believed an interview featuring quotes from Askew’s management team, which questioned the team’s commitment to Askew’s well-being and caused embarrassment for both AMSP and IndyCar, did little to help the situation.

• Radoye unpinned this topic

Felix Rosenqvist will leave Chip Ganassi Racing-Honda at season’s end to partner Pato O’Ward in the Arrow McLaren SP-Chevrolet team in 2021.

Multiple sources have now confirmed to Motorsport.com that the Swedish driver, who turns 29 in November, will next week end his time at Ganassi where he made his race debut with the team in March 2019, at St. Petersburg.

Opa, nismo lose trgovali ako smo Feliksa uhvatili. A ovo otvara i jedno jako interesantno mesto u Ganasijevom #10, bolid je obezbedjen sponzorstvom (NTT)...

Sledeceg vikenda vozi se poslednja trka ovogodisnje Indikar sezone obelezene koronavirusom i to na stazi gde je trebala biti premijera, u St. Pitu na Floridi.  Da se ne ponavljam, evo sta sam proletos napisao u najavi:

U medjuvremenu se svasta nesto izdesavalo, neki su se vozaci izmenjali, neki najavljivani timovi nisu se materijalizovali. Na pocetku sezone delovalo je kao da ce Dikson da izdominira i lagano osvoji svoju sestu titulu (ispred njega je samo Fojt sa 7) ali na zadnjih par trka videli smo budjenje Penskija i Andretija tako da mu se aktuelni sampion Dzozef Njugarden opasno priblizio. Diksonova prednost je 32 boda a za pobedu se dobija 50 plus su tu 4 bonus poena u igri (1 za pol, 1 za vodjstvo, 2 za najvise krugova u vodjstvu). U slucaju Njugardenove pobede Dikson mora biti 11. ili bolji, a ako Dikson ispadne na startu Njugardenu u zavisnosti od bonus poena moze da odgovara i drugo mesto.

Jos uvek se ne zna tacan spisak vozaca, ceka se lekarska potvrda za Askjua, ako mu ne bude dozvoljeno da vozi startovace Kastroneves. Ono sto znamo je da treba da debituje Skot Mekloklin, visestruki sampion australijskog V8 Superkar sampionata, u cetvrtom Penski bolidu.

Vise informacija kako budu bile dostupne...

• Like 1

Mekloklin potvrdjen u Penskiju za kompletnu narednu Indikar sezonu! :thumbup:

TEAM PENSKE WILL NOT RETURN TO SUPERCARS COMPETITION IN 2021

Three-Time Supercars Champion Scott McLaughlin to Race Full Season in Team’s INDYCAR Program

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (October 23, 2020) – Team Penske announced today that it will not return to compete in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship for the 2021 season. The team’s exit concludes an incredibly successful six-year run in Supercars competition. Since joining forces with Dick Johnson Racing to form DJR Team Penske (DJRTP) in 2015, the team has earned 56 wins, 62 poles and six championships, including three-consecutive driver’s titles with Scott McLaughlin. Fabian Coulthard produced the team’s first pole position in 2016 and its first race win in 2017.

Team Penske will assist team co-owners Dick Johnson and Ryan Story with the transition as they prepare for the 2021 Supercars season. The team is expected to announce its plans for next season, including a 2021 driver lineup, in the near future.

Team Penske also announced that McLaughlin will transition from Supercars racing to begin the next phase of his career. McLaughlin will race for Team Penske to complete the team’s four-car, full-season lineup in the 2021 NTT INDYCAR SERIES. The 27-year-old McLaughlin will make his INDYCAR SERIES debut this weekend at the 2020 season finale on the Streets of St. Petersburg.

“We have enjoyed an incredible six seasons competing in the Supercars series with DJR Team Penske,” said Roger Penske. “Partnering with Dick Johnson and Ryan Story to form DJR Team Penske was an incredible experience that produced success on the track and in the boardroom. We have built so many lasting partnerships and friendships, and competing in Supercars has certainly helped strengthen our brand and our business in Australia and New Zealand. Unfortunately, with the challenges we have faced in 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have had to readjust our business initiatives for 2021 and beyond. We want to thank Dick Johnson, Ryan Story, Fabian Coulthard and all of our team members for their hard work and dedication as we reestablished a championship organization together over the last six years. I know that Dick, Ryan and the team will continue to build on that success moving forward.”

DJR Team Penske quickly became one of the top teams competing in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship. With McLaughlin and Coulthard racing their Shell V-Power Fords, DJRTP won the prestigious Supercars team title in 2017, just three years after entering the series. McLaughlin captured his first driver’s championship in 2018 and he established a new single-season record with 18 wins on his way repeating as champion in 2019. McLaughlin and co-driver Alex Premat also produced a victory in the legendary Bathurst 1000 endurance race in 2019. This past season, DJRTP secured its third team title with 14 combined victories between Coulthard and McLaughlin, who won his third-consecutive driver’s championship.

“I want to thank Roger and the entire Penske organization for all they’ve done for our team over the last six years,” said Johnson. “While we hate to see them go, we understand the tough business decisions that have to be made. We’ve worked together over the last six years to build a team that has become the benchmark for performance both on and off the track. With the assistance of Roger and Team Penske we will be in position to build on that success. With the full support of Ford Australia, Ford Performance, Shell V-Power and all of our great partners, our team will continue to be a leader in Supercars racing.”

Considered one of the greatest Supercars drivers in series history, McLaughlin ranks fourth on the all-time wins list with 56 career victories and second on the all-time list with 76 career poles in just eight full seasons of racing. After four seasons competing for Team Penske, McLaughlin already ranks third on the organization’s all-time wins list, trailing only Brad Keselowski and Mark Donohue. He will get the opportunity to add to that total next season in the INDYCAR SERIES racing alongside three former series champions in Josef Newgarden (2017 & 2019), Will Power (2014) and Simon Pagenaud (2016) to form a powerful four-car program for Team Penske.

“I’m so excited for the opportunity to take the next step in my career and compete against some of the best drivers in the world in the INDYCAR SERIES,” said McLaughlin. “The last four years racing for DJR Team Penske has been amazing. I want to thank every single person on the team, and everyone that has helped me reach this point in my career. I wouldn’t be in position to continue to chase my dream without the hard work of so many people along the way. I’m looking forward to the challenge of joining one of the most iconic motorsports programs of all time – Team Penske’s INDYCAR team. I wish the 2021 season would begin tomorrow.”

Gotov FP, ovo ce izgleda biti Honda sou, najbrzi Herta ispred Hincklifa, Palua, Satoa, Bordea (najbolji Sevi), zatim Rosi (Honda), ViKej, Njugarden, Pauer, Mekloklin (sve Seviji).

Dikson na 16. mestu - sto daje sansu Njugardenu ali on jednostavno mora da pobedi misli li bilo sta da postigne.

Mekloklin dobar, unutar desetinke sa Njugardenom i Pauerom, impresivno za prvi zvanicni nastup u Indikar bolidu.

Razlika izmedju prvog i poslednjeg manja od 1,2 sekunde, ovde ce nijanse da odlucuju u kvalifikacijama!

U ostalim vestima, Sato potvrdjen u RLL za narednu sezonu!

Uh koja haoticna trka, puno vozackih gresaka i zutih zastava, Andretijevci dominirali trku i onda jedan po jedan se samounistili i poispadali, na kraju Njugarden uzeo pobedu ali Dikson sa trecim mestom obezbedio titulu. Na drugom mestu O'Vord.

• Like 1

Rezultati trke:

http://www.imscdn.com/INDYCAR/Documents/5790/2020-10-25/indycar-race-results.pdf

Tabela sampionata:

Dikson 537
Njugarden 521

Herta 421

O'Vord 416

Pauer 396

Rehol 377

Sato 348

Pazeno 339

Rosi 317

Hanter-Rej 315

Rozenkvist 306

Erikson 291

Feruci 290

ViKej 289

Harvi 288

Palu 238

Dejli 237

Kimbal 218

Askju 195

Andreti 176 (najslabije plasiran od vozaca koji su vozili celu sezonu)

Vic 166

Cilton 147

Hincklif 138

Kanan 106

Karpenter 81

Kelet 67

Kastroneves 57

Borde 53

Karam 32

Hildebrand 28

Alonso 18

Pigot 17