IndyCar 2020

Radoye

- i jedna zanimljiva vest, Konor Dejli koji za Karpentera vozi sve ne-ovale u bolidu #20 (gazda Ed vozi samo ovale) ce za Karlin voziti sve ovale u #59 (Maks Cilton odbija da ih vozi). I tako ce na kraju spakovati kompletnu sezonu!

Dok cekamo da prilike dozvole pravo trkanje, Indikar organizuje virtuelnu trkacku ligu:

IndyCar iRacing Challenge announced

icar2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

By RACER Staff | 3 hours ago

IndyCar is going racing again, virtually that is. IndyCar and iRacing, the online racing simulation service, are partnering to currently stage six virtual race events featuring current NTT IndyCar Series drivers and possibly some special guests beginning Saturday, March 28.

Each race will be streamed live on IndyCar.com while the NTT IndyCar Series season is suspended as a result of the coronavirus situation. While IndyCar.com will serve as the primary live streaming source, there also will be secondary platforms to watch the virtual race events each week, via IndyCar’s YouTube and Facebook Live pages as well as iRacing’s Twitch page.

Each virtual race event, which will last approximately 90 minutes to two hours, will begin at 4 p.m. ET each Saturday through May 2. To enhance the fan experience, IndyCar will conduct a 15-minute, pre-race virtual autograph session with several of the participants beginning at 3:15 p.m. each week. There also will be a live interview with the race winner by post-race host Katie Hargitt on IndyCar’s Instagram feed immediately following the conclusion of the race.

The inaugural IndyCar iRacing Challenge race venue will be selected through bracket voting by fans today through Thursday. Fans can vote daily on the track match-up in the bracket to determine which venue will advance to the next round. The voting, which has a 12-hour window beginning 10 a.m. daily after today, is available through the @INDYCAR Instagram or Twitter handles and online at IndyCar.com/iRacing. The opening virtual race event will be followed by Barber Motorsports Park (April 4), “Driver’s Choice” track (April 11), “Random Draw” track (April 18), Circuit of The Americas (April 25) and a non-IndyCar “dream” track (May 2).

The IndyCar iRacing Challenge events will feature qualifications in addition to the races. Teams will be able to design car liveries to match their desired paint schemes. To further give the action an authentic look and feel, each car will be equipped with IndyCar’s new aeroscreen cockpit-protecting device introduced for the 2020 season. The IndyCar iRacing Challenge will not crown an overall champion but will add a special element where IndyCar will make a donation to one of its partner charities. An entry list of the drivers participating, along with the bracket-winning race venue for the opener, will be announced next week.

Startna lista za zvanicnu Indikarovu virtuelnu "trku" - tu su skoro svi ucesnici ovogodisnjeg sampionata (ako ga bude, jel'da), nema Diksona, umesto Hanter-Reja u Andretijevom #28 je Kajl Kirkvud a umesto Marka Andretija nekadasnji F1 vozac Skot Spid.

http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/documents/2020-03-26/IRacingWeek1EntryList2020.pdf

A full field of NTT IndyCar Series drivers, including reigning series champion Josef Newgarden and 2019 Indianapolis 500 winner Simon Pagenaud, is set to compete virtually in the inaugural IndyCar iRacing Challenge on Saturday beginning at 4 p.m. ET.

The entry list represents 15 different teams or organizations currently competing in the NTT IndyCar Series and a field of drivers that has amassed 140 series victories and nine series championships. Newgarden, a two-time series titlist, will be joined in the field by fellow series champions Will Power and Pagenaud of Team Penske along with Sebastien Bourdais and Tony Kanaan of AJ Foyt Racing.

Other notables include Alexander Rossi and James Hinchcliffe of Andretti Autosport, Graham Rahal of Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, Colton Herta of Andretti Harding Steinbrenner Racing, Felix Rosenqvist of Chip Ganassi Racing and Santino Ferrucci of Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan.

The entry list is currently at 25 drivers with any special guests to be announced Friday morning in addition to the venue selected through fan voting. The finalists in the bracket competition are Watkins Glen International and Michigan International Speedway, with the final day of voting being today and available through the @INDYCAR Instagram and Twitter handles or online at indycar.com/iracing.

The event, which will last approximately 90 minutes, will be streamed through Indycar.com for fans to enjoy the virtual action. The event also will be available on IndyCar’s YouTube and Facebook as well as iRacing’s Twitch.

To enhance the fan experience, IndyCar will conduct a 15-minute, pre-race virtual autograph session with several of the participants beginning at 3:15 p.m. The drivers participating this week will be announced @INDYCAR at 10 a.m. Saturday. There also will be a live interview with the race winner by post-race host Katie Hargitt on INDYCAR’s Instagram immediately following the conclusion of the race.

The starting line-up will be set through a 10-minute qualifying session prior to the event. In the interest of fairness, iRacing will give all participants the same car setups. Teams will have the ability to design each driver’s car livery to match their desired paint scheme, making them easily recognizable to the viewers.

Saturday’s event is the first in a six-event series to be held weekly on Saturdays through May 2. The opening virtual race event will be followed by Barber Motorsports Park (April 4), “Driver’s Choice” track (April 11), “Random Draw” track (April 18), Circuit of The Americas (April 25) and a non-IndyCar “Dream” track (May 2).

The IndyCar iRacing Challenge will not crown an overall champion but will add a special element where IndyCar will make a donation to one of its partner charities.

Indi 500 odlozen za avgust, novi zvanicni kalendar Indikar sampionata (ako prilike dozvole):

96-A153-AB-9-D6-E-4-D57-AF3-D-6-EB65-F14

Spojili su trku na granpri konfiguraciji staze u Indijanapolisu sa Naskarovim trkackim vikendom.

It’s been a year and a half since Robert Wickens drove an IndyCar, but that’s all going to change on Saturday – relatively speaking.

Thanks to Gary Bettenhausen’s twin sons (Cary and Todd), Jim Leo of Pit Fit, Max Papis, Steve Fusek and SimXperience, Wickens will be competing in the American Red Cross Grand Prix at Watkins Glen — opening round of the IndyCar iRacing Challenge — along with Will Power, Josef Newgarden, Alex Rossi, Tony Kanaan, Graham Rahal, Sebastian Bourdais, Santino Ferrucci, Sage Karam and Felix Rosenqvist.

The 31-year-old Canadian, who was paralyzed from the waist down in the Pocono 500 during his impressive rookie season in 2018, has been inspiring everyone with his steady progress that has included him walking short distances, lifting weights and doing push-ups at PitFit and recorded on Facebook. Wickens is a daily mainstay at Leo’s popular workout facility in Indianapolis, along with several IndyCar drivers.

And with the pandemic postponing the start of the IndyCar season at least two more months, Wickens decided he’d like to try racing against his pals again on a simulator. But his original plan didn’t work out and then two of iRacing’s biggest proponents got involved.

Cary and Todd Bettenhausen — both born with vision problems so they never had a chance to follow their famous father’s footsteps — have been directly involved in iRacing for 13 years. Todd lives in Ohio and designs simulator hardware for SimXperience while Cary operates Indy Simulation at PitFit, which is rented to the general public as well as a favorite of the IndyCar vets at PitFit.

“I got a call a couple days ago from Robert and he said he’d be interested in driving our simulator,” said Cary. “So I got my brother on the line and we’ve been thrashing to get things ready and received a lot of help to make this thing happen.”

The immediate challenge was converting the iRacing rig from foot to hand controls. Todd B. hustled some hardware over from Ohio while ex-IndyCar racer Papis is providing a steering wheel from his business and Fusek, who is Takuma Sato’s agent and proprietor of Indy’s only downtown hardware store, loaned the motor to power the steering wheel.

“It’s cool how everyone is chipping in to help but it’s not surprising because Robby is such a great guy and this is going to be fun for him,” said Todd B. “I don’t think he has as much experience on a simulator as some of the guys but the race is going to be a fixed setup for everyone, so it will be more like an IROC race, where all the cars have similar performance potential.

Cary added, “It’s going to be a bit different for Robert since he won’t be able to feel the back end step out, because we’ve turned motion off to be careful with his healing. So he’ll have to drive with his eyes but he’ll be OK.”

The race begins at 4 p.m. and will be streamed live on IndyCar.com and NBC announcers Leigh Diffey, Paul Tracy and Townsend Bell will call the action.

GreenFlag.jpg

The lesson F1 needs to learn from IndyCar’s superior approach to Esports

Comment

29th March 2020, 8:30

Keith Collantine

Last week Formula 1 made its first attempt at replacing a bona fide championship round with a virtual race. Yesterday IndyCar did the same.

How did the two compare? Put it this way: Only IndyCar’s race stood a chance of being mistaken for the real thing. If anything, it was slightly more tame than some of IndyCar’s wilder events.

It helped enormously that the turn-out among IndyCar drivers was vastly better than from their F1 counterparts. Just two current F1 drivers entered the Virtual Bahrain Grand Prix. IndyCar’s iRacing Challenge attracted a 25-strong field almost entirely composed of current IndyCar drivers.

(NASCAR appeared to have a similarly strong line-up for its iRacing series last week, but as it was broadcast only on Fox’s platforms in the US, I wasn’t able to watch it.)

To be fair to Formula 1, it had one week less to get its entry together. But the choices it made in how to fill up the rest of the grid did the racing no favours.

Jimmie Johnson, IndyCar iracing Challenge, Watkins Glen, 2020

NASCAR star Johnson joined the IndyCar regulars

IndyCar plugged its few vacant seats with some serious names. Seven-times NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson joined in the fun, as did reigning Australian Supercars champion Scott McLaughlin.

F1 assembled an odd mix of reserve drivers, junior drivers, celebrities and ‘influencers’. Again, the pressures of time were against them, but the outcome was a race which probably appealed to fewer fans than it might have done because it tried to appeal to everyone.

Some of us might like to see a group of celebrities racing on F1 2019 purely for the entertainment factor. I’m more interested in watching real F1 drivers and potential stars of the future.

But are there really many who care to see a crossover between the two? Are there millions clamouring for another contest between, say, Robert Shwartzman and Ian Poulter? I doubt it.

F1's Virtual Bahrain Grand Prix was a scrappy affair

F1’s Virtual Bahrain Grand Prix was a scrappy affair

IndyCar’s race did not impress more than F1’s because it was free of technical problems. Neither was.

F1’s star draw Lando Norris was unable to take place in qualifying and missed the start of the race due to connection problems. Technical trouble also kept James Hinchcliffe out of the IndyCar event, and other competitors in both series hit trouble as well.

But from the outset it felt like one event had the correct philosophy, and that was IndyCar’s. It took to heart the idea that it was replacing a race which couldn’t happen with one that could, albeit in the virtual world. Right down to the pre-race autograph session and post-race press conference.

Before next Sunday’s race F1 needs to decide whether it’s putting on a jolly for celebrities or a race for motor sport fans. And if it’s the latter, it may need to gently remind a few of its stars that, while they continue to receive substantial salaries from their teams, expecting them to play a video game once every other week in return is hardly unreasonable.

Edited by Radoye

Da li je ove iz f1 bar malo blam dok gledaju ovo? Jos sad imaju Amere kao glavne, oni bi morali znati bolje od svih drugih koliko je ovo bitno za buducnost i njihova trzista.

Steta sto nije neka bolja staza, bila bi jos bolja trka, vidi se koliko su vezbali svi, daleko manje razlike nego prosle nedelje. Kompetitivni duh je jak u vozacima, samo ih treba pokrenuti (u ovom slucaju blago izblamirati).

Jedini minus je ovaj mandatory caution, bas glupo utice na trku.

Wickens :Hail::Hail:

- ovogodisnji kalendar sezone i dalje proklizava:

IndyCar’s Detroit GP has been canceled, but Iowa and Laguna Seca are now doubleheaders and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway will host a second road race in October.

As it stands today, Texas is the season-opener on June 6, and Miles says he still expects St. Petersburg to host the finale in mid-October.

😕

Ovde ce u subotu biti strim vitruelne Indikar trke - ovaj put idemo na superoval:

Micigen je klasik, sagradjen 1968 upravo za potrebe Indikara (tada jos pod sankcijom USAC) i pod svojim raznim sankcijama Indikar ovde nastupa do 2007. godine sa trkom na 500 milja. Trka ispada sa kalendara ujedinjenjem CCWS i IRL ali ostaje jedna (uz Klivlend aerodrom) jedna od najcesce pominjanih medju zeljama fanova.

Dve milje duzine uz nagib u krivinama od 18 stepeni, Micigen je taman izmedju Indijanapolisa i Teksasa (dve preostale staze na kalendaru koje se voze sa aeropaketom za superovale). Poznata po izuzetnim maksimalnim brzinama koje se ostvaruju (Pol Trejsi je 1996. ovde tokom testiranja dostigao maksimalnu brzinu od bezmalo 257 milja na sat / preko 413 km/h!) i cestim iznenadjenjima (cak 12 vozaca je ovde ostvarilo svoju prvu, a mnogima od njih i jedinu Indikar pobedu.

I posto zbog poznatih okolnosti trkanje u stvarnom svetu nije moguce, ostaje nam da makar u virtuelnom svetu vidimo na sta ce da lici trka moderinih Indikar bolida na Micigenu, velikoj neprezaljenoj zelji fanova. Samo se nadam da vozace nece obuzeti virtuelna hrabrost pa da se zavrsi kolosalnim fijaskom kao trka iz 1996-te godine:

Te godine desio se vrhunac rascepa u Indikaru, kada je IRL zabranio CART timovima nastup na Indi 500. Ovi su zauzvrat organizovali svoju trku na Micigenu u isto vreme. I dok su u Indijanapolisu gomila do tada anonimusa obarala brzinske rekorde (Lajendajkov kvalifikacioni rekord stoji do danas), CART je sa svojim svetski poznatim zvezdama resio da im pokaze kako se to radi. I onda su se slupali u poslednjoj krivini u krugu za zagrevanje pred start. :ajme:

Elem. to nam je sta nam je, bolje trenutno nemamo, ostaje da vidimo kako ce se danasnji Indikar asovi ovde pokazati pa makar i u virtuelnom svetu...

• Like 1

Zvanicni program sutrasnjeg virtuelnog Micigena: http://www.imscdn.com/indycar_media/documents/2020-04-10/indycar-spotterguide.pdf

Gledao sam danas malo slobodne treninge (Ed Karpenter strimovao na njegovom FB nalogu) - ovo ce da bude kao ona trka na Fontani 2015 kad je masovka visila u vazduhu sve vreme (Briskov kolosalni udes u zadnjem krugu). Novajlije Palu, Meklarenov dvojac i ne-bas-novajlije Feruci i Harvi se ponasaju kao debili, isecaju, menjaju linije, izazvali su jedno 20-tak udesa. Vidi se da im bas fali iskustva na ovalima. Ako slucajno to budu pokusali i uzivo kada se konacno vratimo pravom trkanju plasim se da ce neko gadno da nastrada. Sa druge strane, Skot Mekloklin se ponasa kao iskusni veteran, zaista sam impresioniran njegovom zrelom voznjom.

Pazeno dobio ispred Mekloklina i Dejla Dzuniora. Masovka na startu slicna onoj iz 1996 (izazvao novopeceni Meklarenovac Eskju), i zuto prvih 5 krugova pretvorili su ovo u takticku trku stednje goriva. Karam, Pauer, Nasr, Karpenter su bili pri vrhu u prvom delu trke, kasnije se tu umesali i Rehol, Hanter-Rej, Rosi, Palu i Kajzer, ali niko od njih nije imao goriva do kraja. Neki su morali drugi put u boks, neki su ostali bez corbe u poslednjem krugu. Pazeno koji je stedeo prakticno od starta i nekih 15 sekundi iza njega Mekloklin i Dzunior koji su takticki prvi put stali na kraju prvog zutog i onda imali duzi prvi stint od ostalih nasledjuju pozicije na podijumu...

• Radoye unpinned this topic