IndyCar 2020

Radoye

Prosto je neverovatno da se vec u ovo doba 2019. godine otvara tema za sezonu 2020, ali tako je kako je.

Za ovo kratko vreme izdesavalo se puno toga, pa da krenemo redom:

- Potvrdjen je kalendar sa 17 trka, sezona ponovo pocinje u St. Pitu a zavrsava se na Laguni, tu je Detroit dabl-heder a promena je da je ispao Pokono a umesto njega dobijamo Ricmond. Dakle, Indi ostaje sada jedina trka na kraljevsku duzinu od 500 milja a umesto superspidveja dobijamo kratki oval od 0,75 milja / 1,2 km duzine kruga i trku na 400 krugova.

To izgleda ovako:

15. mart - St. Pit (ulica/aerodrom)

5. april - Barber (autodrom)

19. april - Long Bic (ulica)

26. april - COTA (autodrom)

9. april - VN Indijanapolisa (autodrom)

24. maj - Indi 500 (superoval)

30. maj - Detroit 1 (ulica / park)

31. maj - Detroit 2 (ulica / park)

6. jun - Teksas (oval / superoval)

21. jun - Elkart Lejk (autodrom)

27. jun - Ricmond (kratki oval)

12. jul - Toronto (ulica)

18. jul - Ajova (kratki oval)

16. avgust - Mid-Ohajo (autodrom)

22. avgust - Gejtvej (oval)

6. septembar - Portland (autodrom)

20. septembar - Laguna Seka (autodrom)

Dakle - 7 autodroma, 5 ulicnih trka, 5 ovala od cega dva kratka (ispod milje), jedan pravi superoval od 2,5 milje, jedan uslovni (duzina samo 1,5 milja ali se vozi aeropaket za superovale) i jedan od milju i cetvrt.

Sto se tice timova i vozaca, tu je doslo do prilicno interesantnih tumbanja. Najveca bomba prelaznog roka je ulazak Meklarena u sampionat u partnerstvu sa SPM timom koji je zbog toga sa Honde presao na Sevrolet. Nova ekipa se zove AMSP - Arrow McLaren SP a pored Honde (i dobrog dela tehnicke ekipe) nogu su dobili i vozaci. Dok se za Eriksona to i ocekivalo (imao je ugovor na samo jednu godinu), za Hinca bas i nije - no, na njega se naljutio glavni sponzor Arrow zbog (pazi sad gluposti) - poziranja za kalendar SI.

Umesto njih dvojice sansu ce dobiti omladinci - aktuelni Indi Lajt sampion Oliver Askju i Meksikanac Patrisio O'Vord koji je dobio otkaz iz Ref Bulovog programa mladih vozaca jer nisu uspeli da namole FIA da mu dodeli superlicencu (znalo se da ne moze da skupi dovoljno bodova ali su Horner i Marko ocekivali da ce FIA da im izadje u susret, O'Vord je bio vidjen za mesto u STR pardon Alfa Tauri F1 bolidu naredne sezone).

Erikson je svoje sponzore poneo u Ganasi koji, nakon zatvaranja programa u IMSA i WEC sampionatima sa Ford GT40 visak resursa usmeravaju u ozivljavanje svog Indikar programa sa bolidom #8. Kod Ganasija su vec petostruki sampion Dikson i Eriksonov zemljak Rozenkvist, ruki sezone 2019.

Sto se tice Hincklifa on ima sponzorstvo Honde i u pregovorima je sa DCR i RLL timovima za mesto u eventualnom trecem bolidu. Popularni "gradonacelnik" je jedan od najomiljenijih vozaca na gridu i prosto je neverovatno da bi mogao da presedi sezonu bez angazmana.

Jos jedna promena mada ovaj put sasvim ocekivana je to da je tim Harding-Stajnbrener za koga je vozio ruki Kolton Herta otisao u bankrot i sad se i zvanicno fuzionisao u Andreti Autosport. Andreti ce tako ove godine imati 5 bolida za kompletnu sezonu uz vec uobicajenu mogucnost za jos poneki za Indi 500. Kako su krenuli uskoro ce pola grida voziti za Andretije.

Kod sampiona Penskija sve ostaje isto - Njugarden, Pauer, Pazeno za kompletnu sezonu, i najverovatnije ponovo Kastroneves za Indi 500.

Kod RLL su potvrdjeni Rehol i Sato a pregovara se o trecem bolidu (Hincklif).

Kod DCR potvrdjen je Borde u #18, u #19 se ocekuje ponovo Feruci (jos nista nije potvrdjeno, prica se i o Karlinu) a ima sanse i za treci bolid.

Fojt je potvrdio veterana Kanana za jos jednu sezonu, za drugi bolid se jos ne zna vozac. Lajst koji je vozio prethodne sezone pregovara sa ECR za deobu bolida #20 sa gazda Edom. Pored #20, ocekuje se da tu bude i #21 mada nema naznake ko bi mogao voziti (Dejli?).

Dejli se pominje i u nekim kombinacijama sa Karlinom koji najavljuje dva bolida ali nema potvrde o vozacima, cak ni Cilton koji je do sada bio sigurica u jednom od bolida.

Od part-tajmera ocekuje se povratak Dragona sa Benom Henlijem za volanom, kao i nastup MSR ako nigde drugde ono makar samo na Indi 500 (jos se ne zna ko bi vozio). Tu ce verovatno biti i D&R (Karam? Hildebrant?).

To bi bilo to sto se zna za sada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meklaren namerava da placa Hinca da ne vozi???

James Hinchcliffe’s five-year tenure as a driver for Sam Schmidt and Ric Peterson has come to an end. As first revealed by RACER on Monday and confirmed today, Arrow McLaren SP will move forward without the Canadian in 2020 as Patricio O’Ward and Oliver Askew, the 2018 and 2019 Indy Lights champions, respectively, comprise a new youth-oriented lineup.

“James has been a great ambassador for our team, and for the sport, over the last five years,” Schmidt said. “Our history dates back to his early days in Indy Lights and we’ve been on a tremendous journey together. Most impressive was James’s determination to come back after his accident in 2015. I have the utmost respect for James and would like to thank him for his hard work and accomplishments during that period and wish him well in his future endeavors.

“We recognize that James is a fiercely motivated and determined competitor, and we won’t hesitate to release him unconditionally to secure another drive, whether in IndyCar or another series.”

Of interest, the team has chosen to honor the final year of Hinchcliffe’s contract, noting that while he remains a member of the team, it won’t stand in the way of any efforts to find new opportunities elsewhere in the paddock.

“James’ passion for the team has been crucial in our development since he joined us in 2015,” added Peterson. “His perseverance and teamwork led us to three wins and an Indianapolis 500 pole position. James has been a big part of our growth over the last five years and I’d like to personally thank him for everything. On behalf of the entire team, we wish him all the best moving forward.”

Bzvz.

Sam Schmidt has described the decision to drop James Hinchcliffe from the Arrow McLaren Racing SP team for the 2020 NTT IndyCar season as 'gut-wrenching'.

It was announced on Wednesday that Hinchcliffe would no longer be racing for the team with which he has spent the past five seasons in favour of the two previous Indy Lights champions, Patricio O'Ward and Oliver Askew.

Initially it was said Hinchcliffe - who would have been in the final year of his contract for the 2020 campaign - would race with the soon to be Chevrolet-powered team, despite having a personal deal with Honda.

However, the team's decision had appeared to change to move toward a more youthful line-up.

Schmidt admits he felt the opportunity to sign two young drivers was too good to pass up given the team's long-term ambitions of future success, however, he is supportive and confident the Canadian will be able to find a full-time seat for the new season.

"I think Ric [Peterson] and I would say that this is one of the toughest decisions we have had to make since we have been team owners, because I personally have known James, (father) Jeremy, (mother) Arlene, his brother Chris for 11 years and love him," said Schmidt.

"And I really appreciate what he's done for the team, tremendous, tremendous investor in the sport and our brand and everything else.

"So it's a gut-wrenching decision, but we were faced with an opportunity to pick up these two young guns coming out of Indy Lights that already have 13, 14, 15 years worth of experience and it was just an opportunity that we couldn't pass up.

"So everything's amicable, I have all the faith in the world that James is going to wind up in a full-time ride and Ric and I are fully supportive of that.

"So it's just a competitive environment and for our partners and everything else that we're -- everybody, it was a group decision, we got an opportunity in front of us, we got to take it, we want to go win races."

Jbt kako je ovo seljacki Meklaren odradio muka mi je:

An inside look at how James Hinchcliffe went from successful IndyCar driver to expensive glad-hander

By Norris McDonald

Special to the Star

Thu., Oct. 31, 2019

Sam Schmidt, as befits a sharp businessman, has always chosen his words carefully.

He has consistently said that his team, Arrow McLaren SP Racing (a.k.a. Schmidt Peterson Motorsports), has a contract with driver James Hinchcliffe for the 2020 IndyCar season and intends to honour it.

He said this on numerous occasions in recent months after news broke that Schmidt and his Calgary-based partner, Rick Peterson, had agreed to merge their racing operation with a division of the McLaren Formula One team. Schmidt and Peterson would continue as owners while McLaren — through its sporting director, former CART and IRL driver Gil de Ferran — would run the team.

Every time he was asked, Schmidt would say the same thing: “We have a contract.”

The problem for Hinchcliffe, who only found out about this last Sunday night, is that he has a contract, all right, but actually driving a racing car for Arrow McLaren SP next year is not part of the deal.

And by continuing to say it will honour the contract, the team has completely sidelined the 32-year-old Oakville native, who now lives in Zionsville, Ind.

A source familiar with the situation, who has been granted anonymity to speak freely about the situation, told the Star that, “Schmidt Peterson have really put the screws to James. He was gobsmacked when they told him; for him, it came entirely out of the blue.

“They will pay him his salary (estimated in the neighbourhood of $500,000 U.S. a year) but to earn it he will have to go to the races and be in their hospitality unit and shake hands with people and talk about racing and be a personality. They might also have him do some appearances away from the races. They are on the hook for a lot of money and they will want to get their money’s worth.”

The insider added that if Hinchcliffe balks or refuses an assignment, the team would consider that a breach of contract and stop paying him.

Hinchcliffe’s lawyers, according to the source, have threatened to sue and been told that if they follow through, the team will stop paying him.

“James might walk away but he would be taking a big chance,” the source said. “There aren’t any rides to be had, for starters, but even if there were none of the other teams is in a position to pay him that kind of money. Except for Scott Dixon, Alexander Rossi and Marco Andretti, none of the other drivers in IndyCar are even making close to that. And even if a lawsuit was successful — and that’s debatable — legal fees and court costs would eat up a lot of whatever he might win.

“So he’s really between a rock and a hard place.”

Asked if either Honda U.S.A. or Honda Canada, which use Hinchcliffe in commercials and as an ambassador, might step in to help the Canadian find a job in racing by paying a team to take him on, the source said it was unlikely. “There’s not really a lot of money there, either,” he said.

On Thursday, Hinchcliffe broke his silence, saying in a statement that he was shocked to be told he wouldn’t drive for the team next year.

“Obviously, it’s very late in the game but my team is working flat out to salvage a full 2020 IndyCar campaign. The support from the motorsports community has been overwhelming and is endlessly appreciated,” he said. “Disappointment aside, I still have my health and incredible family, friends and fan support. At the end of the day, there’s not much that a little maple syrup and a Leafs game can’t fix.

“We’ve been kicked down before and come back stronger. This is simply our next fight. Challenge accepted.”

Popularity aside, in auto racing, as it is in all sports, the name of the game is winning. The most successful team in IndyCar racing, for years, has been Team Penske. This season, for instance, Penske driver Josef Newgarden won the IndyCar championship and teammate Simon Pagenaud won the Indianapolis 500.

Hinchcliffe, in a big-league career that goes back to 2011, has won six races in all that time. He won three of those after joining Schmidt Peterson Motorsports in 2015. He missed most of that same 2015 season after being critically injured in a crash at Indianapolis, then came back in 2016 and won the pole for the 500. Two years later, however, he failed to qualify for that iconic race, something that just can’t happen to a team and sponsors who run full-time in the series.

And he hasn’t won a race since mid-2018.

At one time, there were seats open, so Hinchcliffe has to bear some responsibility for his predicament. When the deal between McLaren and Schmidt Peterson was first announced, his teammate, ex-F1 driver Marcus Ericsson, immediately went shopping and landed a ride with Chip Ganassi Racing.

And although Hinchcliffe has always maintained that sponsor Arrow Electronics was in his corner no matter what, particularly after he failed to qualify at Indy in 2018, he surely must have been aware that the company was furious about him appearing nude in a video accompanying an ESPN Magazine feature on injuries suffered by professional athletes.

There has been media speculation since September that Hinchcliffe’s tenure was in jeopardy, which the driver must have known about. So add those whispers to a season without a win and an unhappy title sponsor and job security would be tenuous at best.

Schmidt, during a midweek media conference that made Hinchcliffe’s exit official and introduced Pato O’Ward and Oliver Askew as the team’s drivers, said that he and his partner, Peterson, want to win the Indianapolis 500 and the series championship — in that order.

“You can tell by these announcements that we’re constantly pushing to win races and the McLaren association is specifically for that,” said Schmidt, a quadriplegic as the result of an Indy Racing League crash at Walt Disney World’s “Mickyard” in 2000. “We have long-term partners that are major global corporations and these two young guns we feel are the future of the team.”

Speaking specifically about Hinchcliffe, Schmidt said:

“This is one of the toughest decisions we have had to make since we have been team owners, because I personally have known James, (father) Jeremy, (mother) Arlene, his brother Chris for 11 years and love him. And I really appreciate what he’s done for the team — tremendous, tremendous investor in the sport and our brand and everything else.

“So it’s a gut-wrenching decision, but we were faced with an opportunity to pick up these two young guns coming out of Indy Lights that already have 13, 14, 15 years worth of experience and it was just an opportunity that we couldn’t pass up.

“So it’s just a competitive environment and … we got an opportunity in front of us, we got to take it. We want to go win races.”

:classic_ohmy:

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has been sold to the Penske Corporation.

WTHR Sports Director Dave Calabro confirmed the news Monday morning.

According to a news release, "The Board of Directors of Hulman & Company are announcing the sale of the company and certain subsidiaries, including the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the NTT IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway Productions (IMS Productions), to Penske Entertainment Corp., a subsidiary of Penske Corporation."

Tony George, Chairman of Hulman & Company, Mark Miles, President and CEO of Hulman & Company andRoger Penske, Chairman and Founder of Penske Corporation will formally announce the sale at an 11 a.m. news conference.

Penske's teams have won a record 18 Indianapolis 500 mile races, and his drivers have sat on the pole 18 times.

Ovo je totalno neocekivano, nije bilo nikakvih govorkanja na temu prodaje IMS i Indikara, narocito ne da ce Rodzer Penski biti kupac.

Ovo je kao kad bi Ferari ili Mercedes postao vlasnik FIA i F1.

A subsidiary of the Penske Corporation has purchased the IndyCar Series and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway among other assets from the previous owner, Hulman and Company.

The blockbuster purchase has been made by a Penske division named Penske Entertainment Corp, which means Penske's three-car IndyCar team will compete in a championship that is owned by its parent company.

Penske won both the 2019 Indianapolis 500 with Simon Pagenaud (below) and this year's IndyCar drivers' title with Josef Newgarden.

A short statement issues on Monday read: "The Board of Directors of Hulman and Company are announcing the sale of the company and certain subsidiaries, including the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the NTT IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway Productions (IMS Productions), to Penske Entertainment Corp, a subsidiary of Penske Corporation."

Roger Penske, Hulman and Company chairman Tony George and Mark Miles - president and CEO of Hulman and Company - are set to discuss the sale later on Monday.

Penske has branched out in recent years, adding a Supercars venture with DJR in Australia to its long-term NASCAR and IndyCar programmes.

Roger Penske buys Indianapolis Motor Speedway, IndyCar Series
8:49 AM ET
Associated Press

Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the IndyCar Series were sold to Penske Entertainment Corp. in a stunning move Monday that relinquishes control of the iconic speedway from the Hulman family after 74 years.

Tony Hulman bought the dilapidated speedway in 1945 and brought racing back to the corner of 16th St. and Georgetown Ave. after a four-year absence following World War II. Roger Penske will become just the fourth owner of the 110-year-old speedway.

The speedway spun off multiple subsidiaries, including the IndyCar Series and Indianapolis Motor Speedway Productions, which are also part of the deal to Penske Entertainment. That group is a subsidiary of Penske Corp., which is owned by billionaire Roger Penske.

"Great day for our family and our team," Penske said in a text message to The Associated Press.

The IndyCar Series is on an upward trend with improved television ratings and increased interest. Penske is the winningest team owner in Indianapolis 500 history with 18 victories, including Simon Pagenaud's win in May. He capped the IndyCar Season with a championship from driver Josef Newgarden, the 15th for the Team Penske organization.

The speedway is to discuss the deal in a news conference Monday. The sale is expected to close in early January, according to a document of message points sent to IndyCar teams on Monday, a copy of which was obtained by the AP.

"We have found the ideal steward of the company and its iconic assets," the document states. "Penske Corporation -- with its 64,000-plus employees and more than $32 billion in consolidated revenue -- will bring tremendous energy, leadership and resources to IMS, IndyCar and IMSP.

"For a number of years, the Hulman & Company management and board have engaged outside advisers and experts to consider the full range of strategic options available. Ultimately, it was decided to focus on the possible sale of the company and finding a buyer that would be the best steward of the company and its iconic assets."

The document states Penske Corp. approached the Hulman board in the fall about the purchase.

Rival team owner Chip Ganassi said Penske called him early Monday morning before the sale was announced to inform him.

"I think it's good. It's really good, it's great," Ganassi told AP. "The place is going to be run like a business now."

Michael Andretti, another rival owner, called it "positive news" for the series and the speedway.

"Roger has always strived to do great things for both IMS and Indy car racing, and I'm sure he will continue to do so in this new ownership position," Andretti said. "Both the Indy 500 and the NTT IndyCar Series have been on a rise and I look forward to the continued climb."

Penske's love of the speedway dates to 1951 when his father, Jay, scored a pair of tickets to the Indianapolis 500 from the metal fabrication company in Cleveland where he worked. He brought his 14-year-old car-loving son to the speedway to see the event live after listening to it only on radio for many years.

Penske was instantly hooked and has missed only six Indianapolis 500s since, five of which came when the IndyCar Series was formed by Tony George and split from CART. Penske teams remained in CART, and CART teams were not welcome at the 500.

CART was once the most popular form of motorsports in the U.S., but NASCAR swallowed open-wheel racing during the tumultuous times after Tony George created the Indy Racing League. The split fractured open-wheel racing in North America and it has never recovered even after CART conceded and merged into what is now known as IndyCar.

Penske has mixed track ownership and team ownership before, and the Detroit resident first purchased Michigan International Speedway in 1973. He later owned California Speedway, as well, and currently runs the Detroit Grand Prix doubleheader IndyCar weekend.

George, the grandson of Tony Hulman, has long run the speedway and its properties along with his sisters and a board of directors. But matriarch Mari Hulman George, daughter of Tony Hulman, died last November and her children and the board have made a series of moves divesting their businesses. The Hulman & Company family sold its other primary business, Clabber Girl, to B&G Foods for $80 million in May. Clabber Girl produced name brand baking powder, baking soda and corn starch for 150 years.

The family has now turned its racing properties over to Penske in an announcement made one day after the one-year anniversary of Hulman George's death. Penske, who turned 82 in February, received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Donald Trump last month.

"I cannot think of a better owner than Roger Penske and his corporation to ensure the future and growth of IndyCar," Zak Brown, CEO of McLaren, told the AP. McLaren is entering IndyCar next season and Brown was a longtime Indianapolis businessman who ran a racing marketing business.

"His business acumen and dedication to IndyCar racing and passion for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is second to none," he said.

Baš puno izmena, šteta što nemam vremena da pored F1 i FE pratim ovo. U vezi kupovine Indijanapolisa, Penske želi da se vrati F1 tamo, čak spominje i trke od 24 sata (verovatno ILMS?).

Ne znam, nisam pratio Indikar trke na unutrašnjoj trasi. Radoje, šta misliš jel bi F1 bila zabavna na toj trasi ako usporediš s Indikarom? Pomalo oftopik pitanje, al baš me interesuje.

Ne znam na sta bi F1 tamo licila, Indikar je znacajno izmenio stazu u odnosu na vreme kad je F1 vozena na njoj - meni se sadasnja konfiguracija vise svidja, ima bolji ritam ali su pravci skraceni (ne vozi se vise poslednja krivina kroz prvu krivinu Indi ovala nego se ide kompleksom desno-levo-desno koji se ranije koristio za moto-trke) tako da se plasim da F1 u sadasnjem svom oblicju ne bi uopste mogla da pretice ovde.

512px-Indianapolis_IndycarGP.svg.png

512px-Indianapolis_Motor_Speedway_-_road

Ako ce se ovde voziti prototipovi verovatno ce to biti IMSA (24h Dejtone, 12h Sebringa i tako to).

Inace Penski nije samo kupio Indijanapolis nego i celu Indikar seriju (ono sto u F1 poseduje Liberti) i sankciju (ono sto za F1 radi FIA).

Hvala na odgovoru, vidim da bi krivina 1 bila jedino zgodno mesto za preticanje, i krivina 7 za banzai manevar (ona šikana pre te krivine kvari potencionalne pokušaje preticanja).

Uglavnom, bolje Indijanapolis nego neki majami, losanđelesi, njujorki,...

Mada, ako Zandvort može imati krivinu/oval, zašto recimo nebi Indijanapolis nebi mogao da se vrati na onu verziju s ovalnom zadnjom krivinom (sad su bolidi sigurniji). Izvinjavam se na oftopiku.

Ako vrate oval krivinu (13 na staroj konfiguraciji staze) krug ce biti prebrz, trka ce trajati jako kratko. A bez te krivine ja ne verujem da bi F1 mogla preticati ni u prvoj krivini, prekratak bi bio pravac start-cilj cak i sa DRS.

Indikar bez problema pretice u krivinama 1, 7 a bogami bude ponekad i u 12 (nova konfiguracija).

Evo kako je to izgledalo prosle sezone:

Prve fotke Meklarenovog bolida, sa jucerasnjeg testa Indikarove verzije haloa:

rVimqlJ.jpg

IndyCar’s final track test for its new aeroscreen was completed Tuesday at Sebring International Raceway. Dale Coyne Racing’s Sebastien Bourdais, and Arrow McLaren SP’s Patricio O’Ward lapped the Florida road course with the 60-pound Red Bull Advanced Technologies cockpit safety devices fitted to their cars. Between the two, the bespectacled four-time Champ Car champion was especially relieved with the results.

Concerns regarding visibility inspired the Frenchman’s test. Despite racing and winning numerous sports car races positioned behind a windshield, the highly curved aeroscreen presented an unknown for the 40-year-old, and other IndyCar drivers who prefer glasses over contact lenses, until he turned laps in anger. “The visibility is fine,” Bourdais reported. “I’d give it the green light.”

The IndyCar Series also worked with Bourdais’ team to try different cockpit cooling devices throughout the test. With air being fed to the cockpit through a channel at the base of the screen, the series and RBAT are finding concentrated solutions – using hose extensions atop the tip that can be pointed in preferred directions, and incorporating a sports car-style helmet-cooling hose – as the most effective directions to pursue. 

For new AMSP signing O’Ward, the addition of the PPG-made screen in front of the Pankl-produced halo was a new experience. After sampling the halo alone in competition earlier this year in Formula 2 and the Super Formula series, the combination of the aeroscreen and high ambient temperatures presented the same cockpit cooling challenges experienced at previous tests.

“The aeroscreen was fine for vision, but the biggest issue for me was to get air channeling right to my visor area to cool my head,” he said. “We found a solution to cool my legs, but we’re still working on the cockpit airflow with the visor open. It was a hot day, so it was close to what we might have with heat and humidity like we’d have at St. Pete.”

After making his on-track debut for AMSP, the 20-year-old Mexican was delighted with the progress made during the one-day outing. Will Anderson, who served as race engineer for James Hinchcliffe’s No. 5 Arrow SPM entry, looked after O’Ward as the team logged its first miles with Chevrolet power.  

“It was great. We worked through everything quite efficiently,” O’Ward said. “Everything I needed to do to alter driving styles went well, and we threw down some really fast lap times. It was a great start for Arrow McLaren SP. Every change we did, from the sim to the real track, seemed to work. Everything I asked for from the car was made and we progressed from run to run. Will and I understand each other pretty well, already, so that’s really encouraging.” 

Oliver Askew, O’Ward’s rookie teammate, spent the test listening to the interactions between driver and engineer in preparation for his upcoming debut with the Sam Schmidt and Ric Peterson-owned outfit.

“I’ve been giving Oliver feedback every way I can, and to the team,” O’Ward said. “The more we have, the more we can analyze. I want the strongest teammate I can have to push me, and to push him. That’s what I had with Colton Herta at Andretti Autosport. It was really good for the team. We made each other better. And Oliver and I get along great, and I know he believes the better we are together, the better we’ll be for the team, so it’s an open book between us.”

Eh da, to sam zaboravio da pomenem - od ove sezone vozice se s ovim vetrobranskim staklom.

Edited by Radoye

- Karpenter rek'o ne Hulku:

Renault F1 driver Nico Hulkenberg, who is almost certain to lose his place on the Formula 1 grid in 2020, will not be joining Ed Carpenter Racing next year, despite speculation continuing to mount as recently as last weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix.

Potvrdjen ViKej u ECR #21:

Rinus VeeKay will become a full-time NTT IndyCar Series driver in 2020 with Ed Carpenter Racing, the team confirmed Wednesday.

The 19-year-old native of Holland was among the most impressive Indy Lights drivers in 2019, earning six wins and seven poles while driving for Juncos Racing in a runner-up performance to Andretti Autosport’s title winner Oliver Askew.

Winner of the 2018 Pro Mazda championship, and second in the 2017 USF2000 championship, VeeKay skipped the traditional path to Formula 1 preferred by most European open-wheelers, and chose IndyCar as his future goal. In taking over the No. 21 Chevy, ECR’s new driver achieves a long-held dream.

Navodno tim jos uvek cuva otvoreno mesto za njega u bolidu #6, ali realno tesko da ce se vratiti. Napredak postoji, on kaci klipove skoro svakodnevno, krajem septembra se ozenio i celu ceremoniju odradio na "sopstven pogon", no sve je to jos mnogo daleko od forme potrebne za voznju trkackog automobila. Verovatno ce dostici nivo da normalno funkcionise u svakodnevnom zivotu alipitanje je da li ce se ikad vise baviti vrhunskim sportom.

• Like 1

Several factors helped Wickens survive: he ducked down so his head did not hit any solid object, the cockpit did not strike the steel pole, and the car tore into pieces as it had been designed to do

Sa Wikipedije. Neverovatno je uspeo da bude ovako hitar u reakciji. Ono je bio udes slican Keniju Breku, mada je Keni ubedljivo najveci heroj, ono preziveti je zaista cudo.

Ja redovno pratim u zadnje par sezone Indy car. Ranije sam gledao Champ car, navijao za Montoju, i u F1 takodje. Ne secam se kada samo vise plakao da li kada je Moore stradao ili Senna. 

Onda sam napravio dugu pauzu, do tamo neke 2011, pa ponovo pogibija omiljenog lika Dana Veldona.

u svakom slucaju ova serija ima neku dusu, ponos. Volim da gledam sada vise americku formulu od formule 1.

Anyway, tvoja posvecenost je fantasticna. Hvala ti na ovim odlicnim upisima i nastavi dobar posao, ja cu te sigurno pratiti.

Jbg ja sam religiozno pratio F1 od pocetka 80-tih, dok nisu poceli da brljaju i kompletno izgube kompas u godinama vladavine Maksa i Bernija. Uz sve svoje manjkavosti Indikar je danas trkacki najcistiji sampionat na svetu, sa najmanje politike i uplitanja nesportskih faktora. Plus sto za razliku od F1 mozes da priustis da ga pratis uzivo i tretiraju gledaoce kao ljudska bica a ne kao ovce za sisanje i dranje. Naravno i dalje pratim F1, prva ljubav zaborava nema, ali definitivno ne vise sa istim zarom kao nekad - sada je to rezervisano za Indi.

• Like 1

Auh, bomba - Borde otpusten iz DCR! 😮

Four-time Champ Car champion Sebastien Bourdais will not drive for Dale Coyne Racing in 2020.

Reached by RACER, a team representative declined to comment on the matter. Bourdais was unavailable for comment.

It’s believed Frenchman, who joined the team in 2017 with his title-winning race engineer Craig Hampson, was informed the final year of his contract to pilot the No. 18 Honda fielded by Coyne, Jimmy Vasser, and James ‘Sulli’ Sullivan will not be honored.

A new need for funding is said to have led to Coyne’s decision to stand Bourdais down in favor of finding a paying driver to complete the entry’s operating budget.

It’s unclear whether Hampson, who joined the team specifically to be reunited with his Champ Car driver, will remain with the Illinois-based outfit.

With James Hinchcliffe serving as the off-season’s first casualty, and the recent new of Ed Carpenter Racing’s Spencer Pigot being dropped for budgetary reasons, Bourdais finds himself in a club of full-time drivers who are shocked to find themselves rideless and fighting to remain in the NTT IndyCar Series.

• Radoye unpinned this topic