Vesti

Borko

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner wants to talk to the FIA about the cost cap following consecutive races in which his cars have been heavily damaged.

Max Verstappen’s crash at Silverstone essentially destroyed his car, with Horner estimating the cost of the incident as $1.8 million. Then both Red Bull drivers were collected in the first-lap chaos at the Hungaroring on Sunday, and Horner believes Sergio Perez will also have lost a power unit in the collision with Valtteri Bottas.

“It lost all its water immediately, so we’ll have to look into more detail but the initial reports are it will no longer be in service,” Horner said.

“Very little (chance of avoiding penalties) I’m afraid, and that’s hugely frustrating for Honda as it’s not due to reliability, it’s because of accidents that we haven’t caused. So they’re feeling the brunt of this as well as we are, and it’s not to be underestimated on the cost cap side. It’s something that does need to be looked at it because in a cost cap environment, it’s brutal, the incidents we have had during the last couple of weeks.”

Horner believes the list of items that come under the cost cap needs to be looked at again now there is half a season of experience working in such conditions, due to the recent repair bills Red Bull has incurred.

“Obviously you’ve got to look at what’s within the cap. It’s spare parts; the engines as well are particularly concerning. I think we need to revisit this with the FIA as it’s something that can affect all teams, not just Red Bull.”

While Perez could be set for a power unit penalty later in the season, Verstappen is in a similar position: His car used the engine that was in the crash at Silverstone for the first part of the weekend in Budapest, but it was changed on Saturday night due to concerns over its state.

Meklarenovci repliciraju Horneru u vezi troskova udesa:

McLaren team principal Andreas Seidl took a bit of a dig at his opposite number at Red Bull, Christian Horner, for his ongoing complaints about the impact of damage on Formula 1 teams in the cost cap era following the expensive Hungarian Grand Prix.

Horner announced the cost of Max Verstappen’s crash at Silverstone as $1.8 million and was then further annoyed by the repair bill from the race in Budapest, when both Red Bulls were damaged after Valtteri Bottas’ error at Turn 1. With both McLarens also taking big hits — Lando Norris was forced to retire after contact with Bottas and Verstappen, while Daniel Ricciardo was caught in a separate crash with Lance Stroll and Charles Leclerc — Seidl stated dealing with the extra cost when there are budget restrictions is simply part of F1.

“No (it doesn’t need addressing), not at all,” Seidl said. “I definitely will not go in the direction that Christian is going, mentioning every second sentence the cost cap and how much it will be hurt by it by an accident on track. In the end, it’s part of the game we’re in. It’s down to us to manage the budget in the right way.

“It will be a challenge to make sure now we have enough parts of the new specification available for Spa but on the other hand, we have a great team back home in production and the engineering side, so I am confident we can recover from what happened.

“I don’t see that it affects anything of our plans, to be honest. It is quite simple and straightforward. At the beginning of the season, based on the experience of previous years, you simply have to account for certain crash damage per year. That’s what you have to figure in and that’s what we have in the budget and that’s the challenge that we are in. It’s the same for everyone.”

Ferrari has revealed the total cost of the car damage it has incurred over the first half of the 2021 F1 season as it continues to push for compensation for crashes.

Team principal Mattia Binotto revealed Ferrari’s repair bill for the 11 races held so far this season.

“If I look at the damage we had so far since the very first race we had in Bahrain up to the last race in Hungary, if I count all damages we have on track, it’s more than 2.5 million Euros,” he said. “That’s showing how significant they are, and it’s only half of the season.”

The figure includes single and multiple-car crashes. “These are overall damages,” said Binotto. “Sometimes we can damage ourselves.”

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 11:34 AM, Hertzog said:

Otkazan Japan. Ljudi organizovali olimpijadu al ne mogu F1. Izgleda da su se dobro istrosili ove godine

Problem je sa karantinima pri ulasku / izlasku iz Japana, ne moze nikako da se uklopi sa kalendarom.

Savard:

The F1 world’s news (worth reporting) over the break consisted of Renault having parted company with the head of its motorsport engine division, the F1 financial results for the second quarter (which were not bad), the cancellation of the Japanese GP and the sale of another part of the McLaren empire, with some of the money raised being used to gain control of the Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar team. Other stories include Mercedes’s withdrawal from Formula E being announced, a messy murder story involving the CEO of Spa Francorchamps, George Russell doing a tyre test for Mercedes and Alfa Romeo running a 2019 car for the promising Theo Pourchaire and unpromising Mahaveer Raghunathan. Dan Ticktum’s topsy-turvy career continued with the news that his role as Williams test driver had been terminated with speculation that this related to remarks he made during a online gaming session about Williams race driver Nicholas Latifi. The other points of interest were an announcement in Brazil the governor of Sao Paulo has requested a change of date for the Sao Paulo GP from November 7 to November 14. This opened the way for a double-header in Austin, while also making it possible to have an end-of-season triple-header with Qatar joining Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. It’s still all being sorted out as nothing is simple when it comes to international travel at the moment.

The Formula 1 group did however indicate that it hopes to produce a calendar (for next year) some time in September with the revelation that the new race in Miami will take place in May. This was an odd thing which suggested that F1 is planning to have three distinct trips to the Americas in 2022. That does not make sense in the short term but once the teams have done it once, they won’t complain in the future and so there is the potential to add double-headers in place of single events, which could open the way for two more US events: one twinned with Miami in the spring, and another with Canada a few weeks later. The race in Austin is already twinned with Mexico. So for me this looks like the US expansion plans are beginning to heat up – and that we should watch out for activity in Las Vegas (in particular).

The news that Sergio Perez has re-signed for Red Bull is effectively a confirmation that George Russell is going to Mercedes and that therefore Vlatteri Bottas will likely end up at Alfa Romeo. Even if they won’t say it out loud, Red Bull would grab Russell in a heartbeat if they thought he was available as he is out of contract at Williams. If Mercedes didn’t want him, George would be available… so you can assume that it is only a matter of time until that news breaks.

Ja stvarno ne mogu da razumem tu kombinaciju. Pored toliko vozaca da Alfa uzme Botasa, nemam pojma, cudno mi je da Ferrari ne uvali nekog svog vozaca iz juniorskog programa. OKi imaju haas za to, ali brate ne vidim poentu u botasu, ako vec zelis nekoga iskusnog radije bih Hulka uzeo. 

p.s. Kimi majstore hvala za sve, hvala za zadnju titulu koju si nam doneo, hvala za pijane ispade, padanje sa broda i teturanje na svecanim prijemima, hvala za kulerske intervjue. Ledeni uzivaj u penziji, a ne sumnjam da hoces. 

• Like 4

Pa boljeg štitonošu neće imati od Botasa.
Mali je bio nadomak pobede u onoj jednoj trci što je vozio za njih, šta će tek da radi kad bude se sjedinio sa bolidom...
Mada zavisi i kakvi će bolidi biti naredne godine i ko će da dominira.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Ne zasluzuje ne Alfu. 

jucerasnja “objava” da odlazi je gora i od rubensovih ispada. Finac je pa ne verujem da ce imati te ispade i pljuvanje po timu koji ga je dobro placao da bude vodonosa, kao sto je to brazilac cesto radio, ali jucerasnji FL je klosarluk i nimalo gospodski potez. 

nadao sam se da nece dobiti priliku ni bicikl u selu da vozi, a ne bolid f1. 

al racunam da mu je alfa nagrada od Tota za usluge vodonose, svih ovih godina.