LUDILO OD 22 TRKE - OBJAVLJEN F1 KALENDAR ZA 2020.

Borko

Formula 1 and the FIA have been given the power to make changes to this year’s calendar without the approval of teams as the sport tries to salvage its 2020 championship.

Article 5.5 of the Sporting Regulations states that “the final list of Events is published by the FIA before 1 January each year.”

However faced with unprecedented disruption due to the global pandemic, which has led to the first seven dates on the original 2020 schedule being scrapped, F1 and the FIA have been empowered to decide between themselves how the calendar will be reorganised. The decision was taken at a meeting between them and the teams today.

Formula 1 is targeting 15-18 races this season and will extend the championship season beyond the original end date of 27 November, according to CEO and chairman Chase Carey.

In a statement issued on Monday following the postponement of the Azerbaijan Grand Prix – the eighth race to be either postponed or cancelled – Carey praised the speed at which the sport is adapting to the situation and admitted that more race dates are likely to change. With the season currently due to conclude with the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at the end of November, Carey also said there is the potential to fit in the majority of events by extending the calendar.

“Over the past week, Formula 1, the 10 F1 teams and the FIA have come together and taken rapid, decisive action as part of our initial response to the COVID-19 pandemic,” Carey said. “While at present no-one can be certain of exactly when the situation will improve, it will improve and when it does, we will be ready to go racing again. We are all committed to bringing our fans a 2020 Championship Season.

“We recognize there is significant potential for additional postponements in currently scheduled events, nonetheless we and our partners fully expect the season to start at some point this summer, with a revised calendar of between 15-18 races.

“As previously announced we will utilize the summer break being brought forward to March/April, to race during the normal summer break period and anticipate the season end date will extend beyond our original end date of 27-29th November, with the actual sequence and schedule dates for races differing significantly from our original 2020 calendar.

“It is not possible to provide a more specific calendar now due to the fluidity of the current situation but we expect to gain clearer insights to the situation in each of our host countries, as well as the issues related to travel to these countries, in the coming month.”

Carey believes F1 can be experimental with a number of aspects this year in order to try and provide additional value, both while racing is on hold and when the season resumes.

“With the benefit of the FIA’s announcement and agreement in principle to freeze technical regulations throughout 2021, no summer break and factory shut downs being moved forward to March/April the sport now intends to race through the period normally set aside for the summer break and fulfill lost events from the first part of this year.

“This flexibility offers an opportunity to evolve the sport, experiment and try new things. That may include initiatives such as expanding our Esports platform, developing more innovative content like Netflix Drive to Survive and other creative ways to drive ongoing value for the sport’s sponsor partners, broadcast partners, race promoters, teams and fans – the ecosystem of our fantastic sport.

“Between Formula 1, the teams and the FIA, working with our key stakeholders, we are planning and fully committed to returning to the track at the earliest opportunity to commence the 2020 season and will continue to take advice from health officials and experts, as our first priority continues to be the safety and health of our fans, the communities we visit and those within the Formula 1 family.

“We’re confident we’ll all get through this and see better days ahead, and, when we do, we will ensure that everyone invested in this sport at every level feels rewarded.”

Romain Grosjean has shed light on how Formula 1 drivers found out the Australian Grand Prix was being cancelled before it was announced.

The Haas driver revealed his Ferrari rival Sebastian Vettel told him the race was off in a WhatsApp chat early on Friday morning, several hours before it was confirmed.

“The rumours started happening on Thursday evening,” said Grosjean in an interview with Kym Illman. “Thursday into Friday I didn’t sleep very well. At 3am I was WhatsApp-ing with Sebastian Vettel.

“I was like ‘where are you, why are you awake?’ and he’s like ‘I’m going to the airport.’ He was like ‘it’s cancelled, it’s not happening’. I said I haven’t heard anything official so I stay around.

“He said ‘my team has told me that I’m free to go so I’m gone’. So like 3, 4am on Friday morning in Melbourne time that’s when I knew things were going to not look right.”

The confusion over the fate of the race continued for several hours. It was eventually cancelled at around 10am, after fans had already begun queuing at the track gates.

The first eight races of the season have now been called off. Grosjean has since returned home and is looking after his children while he waits for the season to begin, which won’t happen until the Canadian Grand Prix on June 14th at the earliest.

“We just need to wait [to see how] the situation goes,” he said. “I think the bigger picture is much more important than going racing, even though it feels very strange to be home at this time of the year.

“For me we are in January. I can’t take the fact that we are almost in April. January I’m home, I do the training block, then February I go winter testing and then March onwards I go racing. But now we are in April and I’m at home.”

World Championship could finish in January - Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto

The world championship could extend into January next year as Formula 1 seeks to salvage the 2020 season, says Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto.

The first eight races have been called off and the British Grand Prix in July is one of the next events under threat.

Binotto said teams are in "constant dialogue" with F1 on how to proceed.

"We're assessing various ideas - races closer together, maybe doing two or three races in January, cancelling (Friday) practice," he said.

The final race of this season is scheduled to be the Abu Dhabi GP on 29 November.

Speaking to Sky Sports Italia, Binotto said: "I have felt, along with the other team principals, that these are decisive moments.

"We've decided to give complete freedom to (Formula 1 chairman Chase) Carey and the FIA to put together as soon as possible a timetable for us to get racing again, we are willing on our side."

Carey said in a statement last week that he "fully expected the season to start at some point this summer, with a revised calendar of between 15-18 races".

But, as the coronavirus crisis escalates around the world and countries battle to get the disease under control, that view appears optimistic, and some senior team figures are beginning to doubt whether the 2020 world championship will happen at all.

F1 has already taken a series of measures to prepare for a revamped season whenever that becomes possible and to help teams facing a drop in income as a result of the reduced number of races.

To cut costs, it has delayed until 2022 the introduction of a massive rules revamp set to be introduced next year.

Teams will not only race with the same technical regulations next year as this, but they will carry over their chassis into 2021.

The chassis - or survival cell - is the fundamental structure of the car in which the driver sits, and requires months to design and build.

Discussions over what other areas of design will remain free and what will be frozen are ongoing.

F1 has also moved forward its traditional three-week summer break to March and April, and this could even be extended if factories are forced to shut as a result of national lockdowns.

Teams have waived their usual consultation rights over the schedule to make it easier for Carey and race organisers to plan a new schedule.

Carey has emphasised that the original calendar may have to be ripped up completely as he seeks to fit in as many races as possible once restrictions on global travel are lifted.

"If this allows us to guarantee a more complete 2020 world championship, with the following season not starting until March, there is great availability for that," said Binotto.

F1 rules dictate that a minimum of eight races have to be held for a valid world championship.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/52078793

Ne znamo zasigurno kada će se ovo stabilizovati, ali nekako ne očekujem skori početak sezone. Čak mi je i ona Kanada klimava, baš strašno. A imao sam velike nade u 2020. godinu, RP je trebao malo zapretiti top3 uz možda pokoji podij pa onda pad pa klanje Renoa i Meklarena standardno i onda klanje tamo između Alfe, Alfe i Hasa. Pa čak i neki sretni bod Vilijamsa.

Fanfikcija mi ošla u mater. Zarazila ju je korona.

FIA TAKES SWIFT ACTION TO SAFEGUARD MOTOR SPORT DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC

The Formula 1 and the FIA announced Tuesday afternoon that several changes have been made to the regulations of the sport. The World Motor Sport Council has approved the plans, which will allow the top of F1 to act faster in the future.

Because of the coronavirus, the start of the Formula 1 season has been postponed for the time being. Already eight races have been postponed or even cancelled and that forces the lead to take measures. With a lot of interested parties, Formula 1 is normally a true political drama, but with changed regulations, Formula 1 should now be able to act faster.

Formula 1 intervenes

For example, the World Motor Sport Counsil has given the President of the FIA the authority to make decisions about the 2020 World Championship himself. The President of the FIA will always first discuss the proposal with the Vice President and some other key executives within the sports committee.

In order to achieve this, the following regulations have been amended:

- The addition of Article 1.3, in order to be able to change certain articles with 60% support amongst the teams, so as to increase flexibility during this difficult period. In any case a subsequent approval by the World Motor Sport Council will be required.
- The permission for the FIA and Formula 1 to change the calendar without a vote (deletion of Article 5.5) 
- Changes to testing (Article 10.5) 
- Addition of Power Unit Manufacturers shutdown (Article 21.10 and 21.11)
- Changes to permissible Power Unit elements if the number of races reduces (Article 23.3) 
- The banning of aerodynamic development for the 2022 Regulations during 2020 (starting on Saturday 28 March).  

In addition, the statement also states that, as mentioned earlier, the regulations for 2021 will be postponed to 2022. However, from March onwards the teams are forbidden to work on the design of the 2022 car in 2020. Mercedes' Duel Axis Steering(DAS) is still illegal from 2021 onwards and can therefore not be used by Mercedes in that season.

https://www.fia.com/news/fia-takes-swift-action-safeguard-motor-sport-during-covid-19-pandemic

This year’s Canadian Grand Prix is likely to be rescheduled or canceled in the near future following a discussion between Formula 1, the FIA and the teams.

With the Canadian Grand Prix currently set to open the season on June 14  and the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve – a semi-permanent venue – requiring preparation work in order to be ready, the teams focused on a potential start date and Montreal was not considered a realistic target.

Formula 1’s “drop dead point” to start the 2020 season is October and the sport is open to a behind-closed-doors start, according to Ross Brawn.

Following yesterday’s news of the postponement of the Canadian Grand Prix, the first nine races of the season have so far been postponed or cancelled, leaving the French GP on June 28 as the first event currently on the calendar. Brawn – who is managing director of motorsports – says the season could start as late as October, and believes up to 19 races could still be held if the situation allows a first race in July.

“Eight races is the minimum we can have a world championship, [according to] the FIA Statutes,” Brawn told Sky Sports. “We could achieve eight races by starting in October. So if you wanted a drop dead point it would be October.

“But then there is always the possibility we could run into next year. That’s being explored. Can we stray into January to finish the season? There are all sorts of complications, as you can imagine, with that.

“If we were able to start at the beginning of July we could do a 19-race season. (It would be) tough – three races on, one weekend off, three races on, one weekend off. We have looked at all the logistics, and we think we can hold an 18-19 race season if we can get started at the beginning of July. The choice is between those two numbers.”

The Monaco Grand Prix has already been cancelled, and with Melbourne unlikely to be rescheduled the 19-race target would leave only one round from the original calendar missing out. Two-day race weekends are a consideration to allow that condensed schedule to work, but Brawn says starting as early as possible – even without fans on site – is a major consideration for F1.

“Travel for the teams and travel for everyone involved is going to be one of the big issues,” he said. “You could argue once we get there we could become fairly self-contained.

“Our view is probably a European start will be favorable and that could even be a closed event. We could have a very enclosed environment, where teams come in on charters, we channel them into the circuit, we make sure everyone is tested, cleared and that there is no risk to anyone.

“We have a race with no spectators. That’s not great, but it’s better than no racing at all. We have to remember there are millions of people who follow the sport sat at home. A lot of them are isolating and to be able to keep the sport alive and put on a sport and entertain people would be a huge bonus in this crisis we have. But we can’t put anyone at risk.

“We’re looking at the organizational structure which would give us the earliest start. But also the ability to maintain that start. There’s no point having a start and then stopping again for a while. It’s most likely to be in Europe. It’s conceivable that it could be a closed event.”

Formula 1 has discussed plans to begin its 2020 season with the Austrian Grand Prix, followed by a run of three races at Silverstone, RaceFans has learned.

New proposals for a lower budget cap and changes to the aerodynamic regulations were also considered in a teleconference between team principals and representatives of the FIA and Formula 1 Management today. The meeting, which lasted four-and-a-half hours, was described to RaceFans by multiple sources as “positive” and “constructive”.

A source claimed Austria is being targeted as the likeliest venue for a season-opening race. New restrictions on public events in France and Belgium have cast doubt on their ability to hold grands prix on their originally scheduled dates, while Austria which eased some of its lockdown restrictions this week.

Plans to hold a race behind closed doors at the Red Bull Ring were discussed at the meeting. By not opening the race to spectators, it could potentially be held earlier than its original scheduled dates of July 3rd to 5th, though Red Bull are thought to be against a change of dates.

Teams discussed the possibility of following that event with a series of up to three races in four weeks at Silverstone. These would take place on at least two different versions of the Northamptonshire track. RaceFans understands the possibility of running the circuit in reverse did not find favour due to the cost of re-aligning crash barriers and run-off areas in order to ensure adequate safety standards.

Staging a series of races at Silverstone would minimise the amount of travelling by teams at a time when restrictions are likely to remain in place. The seven British-based teams would remain in the same country while those based elsewhere – Ferrari, AlphaTauri and Alfa Romeo – would station the majority of their staff at nearby hotels to limit their travel needs.

These races would also be held behind closed doors. RaceFans understands Liberty Media is prepared to make a payment to the circuit to make up for the loss of revenue from ticket sales after fans are refunded.

Further rules changes to reduce the huge financial pressure on teams resulting from the repeatedly postponed start to the season were also discussed.

While a proposal to introduce a ‘two-tier’ budget cap failed to win support, a new proposal to bring the spending limit down over the next two years was raised. This would see the 2021 budget cap fall from $175 million to $145 million, followed by a further cut to $130 million the year after.

Also discussed was a proposal to reduce the advantage of the wealthiest teams by limiting how much aerodynamic development they can do based on their constructors’ championship finishing positions. Under the plan, the leading teams in the championship each year would face tighter restrictions on their permitted wind tunnel and CFD work than their rival teams the following season.

Kazu da ce voziti bez gledalaca ako im to omoguci ranije otvaranje sezone.

Opet, neki od promotera su vec rekli da im se bez gledalaca nikako ne isplati organizacija trke, tako da ko zna sta ce se desiti. Ja i dalje mislim da ce ovo sranje potrajati duze nego sto se nadamo i da smo najverovatnije ovu trkacku sezonu (ne samo F1) potpuno izgubili. A bice dobro ako i pocetak naredne ne bude doveden u pitanje.

Silverstone ready to host two F1 races behind closed doors

1017609941-lat-20190714-jep_f1_s_0043.jp Image by

JEP/Motorsport Images

By Chris Medland | 18 minutes ago

Silverstone is ready to host two Formula 1 races behind closed doors, according to the circuit’s managing director Stuart Pringle.

The first nine rounds of the F1 season have so far been either postponed or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the French Grand Prix on June 28 looking increasingly likely to also be rearranged. That leaves Austria and Great Britain as the first two events currently on the calendar, and while major revisions are expected to the schedule, those venues could host multiple races.

“We have discussed all sorts of permutations, including hosting two races over one weekend, and two races over consecutive weekends,” Pringle told the Guardian. “I have complete confidence in our ability to put on these events. We have a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge, we can turn that on definitely.

“F1 has been working very hard to try and work out what the solution for the world championship is. We have been in regular contact with them, and have been asked could we hold a race or two, and could they be behind closed doors. The answer is absolutely, we are open to looking into anything and everything.”

While F1 is currently working on a completely new calendar and promoters are analyzing ways it can help facilitate a return once lockdown restrictions ease, Pringle says it all depends on government advice and making announcements at the right time given the wider global situation.

“It’s important any discussion of a return to racing is appropriate,” he said. “Otherwise we risk being a distraction to the main message, which is stay at home, and we don’t want to do that.”

Lockdown restrictions have been extended in the United Kingdom until at least the second week of May, but certain other countries that have reported fewer deaths in Europe have started easing their guidelines.

The Hungarian Grand Prix will have to take place at a later date — if at all — this year due to clarification of government restrictions.

The race at the Hungaroring was due to be held on August 2 and is currently the third race on the original 2020 calendar that has yet to be called off, after Austria on July 5 and Silverstone on July 19. However, while the Austrian Grand Prix is still being targeted on the same date, the whole calendar is likely to change significantly as F1 attempts to deal with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the race in Hungary is to take place, it will now have to be after August 15 due to a government announcement that events with more than 500 participants cannot be held before that date. F1 will need more than 1000 people in order to host a grand prix.

Similar restrictions have already seen the cancellation of the French Grand Prix and postponement of a number of other races on the calendar, with the Belgian Grand Prix also unable to take place on its original date due to a government ban on mass-gathering events until August 31.

Racing circuits which were not on the original 2020 F1 calendar could hold races this year, the sport’s chairman and CEO Chase Carey has confirmed.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/07/tracks-not-on-original-2020-calendar-could-hold-f1-races-this-year-carey/

Formula 1 brought in less than $40 million of revenue in the first quarter of 2020, when the season-opening races in Australia and Bahrain were called off.

Revenue during the period fell from $246 million 12 months ago to $39 million this year. The Formula 1 Group reported a loss of $152 million for the quarter, almost $100m more than was lost in the same period 12 months ago.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/05/07/f1-revenue-falls-by-200-million-following-cancelled-races/

• 2 weeks later...

The Monaco Grand Prix and Indy 500 will not clash in 2021 following confirmation from the Automobile Club de Monaco (ACM) of its race plans for next year.

The 2020 edition of Formula 1’s iconic Formula 1 street was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It would have taken place this coming weekend, and in advance of that the ACM has confirmed the race date for 2021 as May 23. The 2021 Indy 500 scheduled for May 30.

Assuming Monaco is not followed by a back-to-back event – something that hasn’t happened since 2005 – it will be the first time since 2010 that the two events have not clashed, although on that occasion the Monaco Grand Prix was two weeks earlier, and the Turkish Grand Prix held on the same day as Indy. The last time there was no F1 and Indy 500 clash was in 2003.

The announcement from ACM comes with confirmation that it will hold three consecutive events in next year, with the Grand Prix de Monaco Historique at the end of April to be followed by Formula E’s Monaco e-Prix on May 8 and then the F1 race.

“To organize three races in the space of one month will be a premiere for us all at ACM,” Christian Tornatore, the general commissioner of ACM, said. “The logistical side promises to be complex, but not impossible to manage.

“Because of the new constraints, we shall need to start setting up the track earlier than usual, at the end of February, instead of March 15. We will then integrate the technical aspects, on and around the track, required by every category that will be involved. In order to achieve this, we will count on the experience and flexibility of all the persons involved, in order to achieve our objectives.”

The re-start of F1's corona-marred 2020 season is not yet official, according to FIA president Jean Todt.

While it appears as though the season will begin in Austria with back-to-back 'ghost races' in early July, the government is yet to rubber-stamp the plan.

After that, the sport's plan is to move on to Silverstone. But the British government's mandatory 14-day quarantine for international visitors is a huge problem.

"If all elite sport is to return to TV, then exemptions must be provided," a spokesperson for Formula 1 said.

"A 14-day quarantine would make it impossible to have a British GP this year. Additionally, it has a major impact on literally tens of thousands of jobs linked to F1 and supply chains."

Hockenheim, in Germany, is another European circuit willing to take part in the 'ghost race' plan, but a financial deal is not yet in place with F1.

"We would very much like one or two races. We would like to have four," a source at the former German GP venue joked.

"Regardless of whether we get a race this year or not, we are proud that Formula 1 contacted us even though we hadn't delivered the big money in recent years," Auto Motor und Sport quoted the source as saying.

FIA president Todt admits that F1's plans to re-start in July are still not set in concrete.

"At the moment the idea is to start the world championship in Europe in early July," he told Italy's Sky Sport. "But there is no official confirmation.

"We will have to analyse the evolution of the pandemic and follow the positions of governments, whose measures could affect our decisions," the Frenchman added.

"Considering the situation, we have to be flexible. Our will is to start as soon as possible, but as with other sports there will certainly be totally new conditions to prioritise the safety of all," said Todt.

Kako trenutno stoje stvari, 5. jula se otvara sezona na Red Bul Ringu u Austriji, i to sa dve trke, obe bez publike i sa ogranicenim brojem osoblja timova. To sve pod uslovom da se clanovima timova omoguci nesmetano putovanje preko granica.

Posle toga bi isao Silverston sa takodje dve trke bez publike.

Naravno ako nas do tada zvekne drugi talas ovog sranja onda se sve opet otkazuje.

• Like 1

Potvrđeno prvih 8 trka:

1. VN Austrije 5.7

2. VN Austrije 12.7

3. VN Mađarske 19.7

4. VN Velike Britanije 2.8

5. VN Velike Britanije 9.8

6. VN Španije 16.8

7. VN Belgije 30.8

8. VN Italije 6.9

Sve trke će se održati bez publike, očekuje se i objava ostalih trka u narednim nedeljama. 

• Radoye unpinned this topic