(Ne)sportski komentatori

zoe Bg

jedan komentar o novinarstvu:

Basically, if you're a journalist and post on twitter, post links to your articles, or confine yourself to facts. Here, what you are is what you write. Write misinformation here, the assumption is, everything you write professionally is opinion. Danish journalism 101.

People don't see the difference between you on Twitter, and what you write. Post gossipy shit on twitter, and people will assume that it's what you write, whether it's the NYT or wherever. Post factual info, you'll get respect. It's simple.

And, it's fine to demand of a player to admit when they're wrong. It's also fine to admit, as a journalist, when you get things wrong. The latter seems to me hugely more difficult for people who are used to passing judgement on others and being regarded, unfortunately, as oracles

Spoiler

It's a general problem with sport coverage around the world. It's the same attitude as with food, clothing and everything else: I don't wanna know. Most people are scrambling to make ends meet. Not that they're starving. But the vast majority of pro tennis players are scrambling.

No, they're not starving. But the only tennis we hear about is about what happens at the top. Did you know: That there's an entry fee of $XX for an ITF $15K? And did you know that $15K isn't what the winner gets, it's divided among all the entrants? And you get squat from qualies?

If you're from a reasonably well-to-do family, with connexions, in a Slam country like the US, Australia, the UK or France, you have a system you can draw upon a system of tournaments within driving distance with fairly cheap accomodations. ...
and a system where ITF and ATP/WTA tournaments support each other with reciprocal jacksocks. I use 'jacksocks' as a term for wild cards. Older tennis fans will understand why, and how it's illustrative.

objasnjava nemacki komentator na ES (Stach) kako je Naomi svastrana: eto interesuje se i za modu, bila na NY fashion week

:twak:

Spoiler

ovo me podseti na

“It is amazing to me,” said Bingley, “how young ladies can have patience to be so very accomplished as they all are.”

“All young ladies accomplished!  My dear Charles, what do you mean?”

“Yes, all of them, I think.  They all paint tables, cover screens, and net purses.  I scarcely know any one who cannot do all this, and I am sure I never heard a young lady spoken of for the first time without being informed that she was very accomplished.”

• Ha-ha 1

ma ima vec jedno vreme idu mi na zivce komentari komentatora/novinara o teniserkama i njihovim "interesovanjima" van tenisa: to je regularno moda i shoping, nista pametnije!

Jos se ismeva Kiki Mladenovic jer prica vise jezika (nemam pojma koliko tacno, ali bar 4 sigurno govori (gde SHBC svrstavam u jedan te isti), a mislim i jos koji).

Sinoc je valjda Beker u prenosu izrazio svoje odusevljenje lepotom Marijane Veljovic (ja konkretno to nisam cula, ali me uopste ne iznenadjuje jer on uredno komentarise svaku lepu teniserku - sto vrlo :puke: deluje)

Nemacki komentator objasnjava kako je Tim dobio malo negativnog publiciteta jer je bio protiv fonda za pomoc nize rangiranim igracima u doba corone. Ali (za razliku od npr. negativnih i pogresno interpretiranih vesti o Novaku) ovde je odmah sledilo objasnjenje/opravdavanje kao je Tim zapravo protiv toga da finansira lenje.

Na to ce Beker: ja uopste nisam cuo te negativne price, ja to ne pratim (nije nego!)