Red Bul: Ne zna se jos ko ce voziti sutra, u sredu Albon

Reno: Okon oba dana

Has: Grozan/P. Fitipaldi sutra, ne zna se za sredu

Meklaren: Noris i Sains

RP: Peres i Strol

Alfa Romeo: Kimi i Djovinaci

STR: Gelael/Kvjat i Gasli

Vilijams: Rasel/Nisani i Nisani/Latifi

Valtteri Bottas has ended the opening day of post-season testing in Abu Dhabi on top of the timesheets, completing 138 laps for Mercedes.

Bottas posted a 1:37.124, which put him almost a full second ahead of the Ferrari of Sebastian Vettel, who was second in the classifications.

Esteban Ocon got behind the wheel of the Renault R.S 19 for the first time, as he officially joined the Enstone squad on Monday.

The Frenchman was seventh fastest at the end of the day, setting his fastest lap time on the C4 compound - only Max Verstappen for Red Bull and Roy Nissany for Williams set their fastest laps on the C3 compound.

Verstappen set the most amount of lap times during the day, clocking 153 laps during the session. Daniil Kvyat was third for Toro Rosso ahead of Sergio Perez and Romain Grosjean.

Lando Norris was sixth for McLaren, heading Verstappen and Ocon. George Russell followed, while Kimi Raikkonen was tenth, testing for Alfa Romeo in a black and red race suit.

Sean Gelael, who drove the moring session with Toro Rosso, was 10th, ahead of Roy Nissany in the Williams FW42.

Testing resumes at the Yas Marina Circuit on Wednesday, which brings the Formula 1 on-track action in 2019 to an end.

Rasel najbrzi u Mercedesu ispred Leklera koji se slupao:

George Russell set the pace on the final day of the Pirelli tire test in Abu Dhabi as Charles Leclerc crashed his Ferrari.

Fresh from a day in his usual Williams, Russell took over from Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes and duly went quickest overall with a 1m37.204s on the 2020 C5 tire — the softest compound available — to lead Leclerc by a little under 0.2s. But Leclerc was the biggest talking point of a day featuring a couple of strange incidents as he crashed at Turn 13.

Leclerc caused what proved to be the only red flag of the whole two days of testing with a little over two hours remaining, sliding wide out of the final apex of the Turn 11-13 sequence and damaging his car against the barrier. Running was delayed by 25 minutes while the Ferrari was recovered, and once it was back in the pits the Scuderia found the damage was too great to get back out on track.

Despite the crash, Leclerc still ended up second fastest overall on this year’s C5, with Russell’s lap less than 0.1s adrift of the best time posted by Bottas on Tuesday.

While the first day saw a strange spin for Sebastian Vettel after being tapped by Sergio Perez at Turn 11, the other Racing Point was involved in an incident on Wednesday, but on this occasion Lance Stroll was the innocent party. Stroll was rolling down the pit lane slowly on the way out at the start of the day and Carlos Sainz had been released behind him, with the McLaren eager to pass.

Sainz was carrying an aero rake on the side of his car for the early running and had not factored in the extra width of his McLaren as a result, so when he pulled around Stroll in the pit lane he didn’t leave enough space and broke the aerodynamic device, limiting his early running.

Stroll’s day continued without trouble as he ended up third quickest on a 1m37.999s, 0.2s clear of Pierre Gasly who carried out the whole day of running for Toro Rosso. Sainz was then fifth, albeit 0.6s further back, as all of the top five bar Leclerc used the 2020 C5 for their quickest laps.

Seventh was Esteban Ocon who had a more productive day for Renault than on Tuesday. The opening day of the test — and his first day in the car since being confirmed as a Renault race driver in 2020 — yielded just 77 laps, but Ocon managed 128 on day two and went nearly a second quicker on the 2019 C4 tire.

Alex Albon was eighth for Red Bull — appearing to take a similar approach to Max Verstappen and setting his fastest time on this year’s C4 tire — ahead of Pietro Fittipaldi on his first appearance for Haas since May. Fittipaldi managed 135 laps on his first time in the car in six months and admitted he was tired afterwards, as the team focused on comparisons between the new tires and the 2019 rubber that it struggled with so much this year.

Behind Antonio Giovinazzi came the Williams pair of Nicholas Latifi and Roy Nissany as the only drivers to split running on Wednesday. Nissany only carried out 38 laps in the morning before Latifi took over to being work for 2020 when he will step up to the role of race driver, and the Canadian was 0.2s quicker than Russell managed in the Williams on the opening day, and 3.7s clear of Nissany.

Vremena:

ek87hlqwsaepcye.jpg?w=1000&h=1000

Romain Grosjean has joined those who do not think Pirelli's proposed tyres for 2020 are an improvement.

The Frenchman drives for Haas, which was the F1 team clearly most affected by the behaviour of this year's controversial tyres.

"It's too early to judge," Grosjean said after trying the 2020 tyres at the post-grand prix Abu Dhabi test.

"But if you ask if I am satisfied with them, and whether it will help us solve the problems with overheating when we are following another car, I have to tell the truth.

"No, this will not solve the problem completely," he added.

Grosjean admitted that some of the compounds he tried on Tuesday degraded less, and applauded the fact that the tyres can be used at lower pressures.

"These are the pluses," he said. "But they're not what we dreamed about."

When asked if Pirelli has wasted its time, effort and money on developing tyres that do not solve the problems of 2019, Grosjean answered: "That is a question for them."

Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas also tested on Tuesday, and said of the 2020 tyres: "I must say that I did not feel that the new tyres are better than the old ones.

"It even seemed to me that they behave the same on the track but are slower."