Istorija tenisa

Milutinov Tata

Tenis, kakvim ga znamo danas je nastao sedamdesetih godina devetnaestog veka u Engleskoj. Najstariji teniski turnir je Vimbldon koji je prvi put odigran 1877. godine. Tenis se brzo prosirio i preko okeana u SAD, gde se prvi turnir odrzava 1880., a godinu dana kasnije u Njuportu se igra i prvi US Open.

Zene su relativno brzo pratile muskarce, svoj prvi Vimbldon igraju 1884, a US Open 1887. U Francuskoj prvi RG se igra 1891, ali tek 1925. postaje otvoren turnir (do tada ucestvovali samo Francuzi). U Australiji tenis je debitovao pocetkom dvadesetog veka, prvi AO je odrzan 1905. Davis Kup, musko ekipno takmicenje se igra od 1900, dok su zene tek 1963. dobile svoje takmicenje FED Kup. Tenis je bio i olimpijski sport od osnivanja modernih OI pa sve do Pariza 1924, a na program letnjih igra se zvanicno vraca 1988. na OI u Seulu. Prvi Pro tur je zapoceo 1926. i time su krenule podele medju teniserima na amatere (koji su mogli da igraju GS turnire) i profesionalce, koji su primali naknadu za igranje, ali nisu mogli vise da se takmice na zvanicnim GS turnirima. Sa prekidima ova podela je trajala sve do 1968 i pocetka Open ere kada su konacno svi teniseri i teniserke, bez obzira na svoj status, dobili pravo da igraju na GS turnirima. Teniseri i teniserke su se pocetkom sedamdesetih organizovali u svoja udruzenja,  ATP i WTA koji danas upravljaju turom, dok su GS turniri i ekipna takmicenja u nadleznosti medjunarodne teniske federacije - ITF-a.

Ova tema ce se baviti svim stvarima vezanim za proslost i istoriju tenisa, velikim sampionima i legendama ove igre, zanimljivim pricama sa i oko terena, turnirima, video zapisima i forografijama kroz istoriju ove prelepe igre.

• Like 5

Mozda nije bas najprimerenije da ovo bude bas drugi post na ovoj temi (ima mnogo znacajnijih i vaznijih licnosti iz sveta tenisa koje bi trebalo pre pomenuti od Breda Gilberta) ali tekst je interesantan (Agasijev govor).

http://www.insidetennis.com/2019/05/the-man-saved-agassis-life/

I’m not sure what’s tougher – playing Brad or watching him play. If he’d known how to hit a tennis ball, Federer’s record would be in jeopardy.

But his spirit was contagious, it was something you respected and I’m grateful for it. He taught me that coaches aren’t measured by what they know, but by what their students learn. He taught me that in tennis you don’t have to be perfect. You don’t even have to be good. You have to be better than one person. That’s what you call problem-solving. That’s what you call simple.

He also taught me to think for myself, because it’s a lonely sport out there, with no one to pass the ball to. They don’t tell you, “You only have to play this long.” He taught me to look at tennis as geometry. How do you play to somebody’s weaknesses and avoid their strengths? How do you make them play to your strengths and avoid your weaknesses? He taught me that sometimes less is more ­­– simplicity.

On a serious note, now I’m going to talk to Brad’s family. I’m grateful for your dad saving my life. The first time we got to No. 1 together, it was a great journey, but I did have a lot of demons. I wasn’t very satisfied with what the world called success. This took me on a two-year, self-inflicted journey from No. 1 to No.141, with a marriage that, at age 28, was headed towards divorce. No coach in their right mind would take someone on and go through that with you during that downturn. But your dad believed in me and his faith gave me the belief, the desire, the hope and the prayers that somehow, maybe, despite not having chosen my life, I could take ownership of it and start again. And we did.

So fast forward two years and we’re in the finals of the 1999 French Open – the Slam I should’ve won ten years earlier and the only Slam I’d never won. I was heavily favored and knew I’d never have this opportunity again. I was so scared, and didn’t know what to do. In 47 minutes, I was down 6-2, 6-1. I was lost – a deer frozen in the headlights. Then there was divine intervention; rains came. The locker room was so dirty, it stank, and everyone was speaking every language except English because Americans can’t play on clay.

It was so quiet – I thought all was lost. I looked up and asked, “Really Brad, you’re going to wait for this moment to finally shut up?” And everything I had to say could be heard in the locker room by the only guy I had to beat.

Then Brad went to a locker and slammed it so hard that it broke. He said, “What the hell do you want me to say? You’re the one guy on court who can do something special. You just need to be better than one person [Ukrainian Andrei Medvedev]. Are you actually asking me to tell you that you’re not better than this person?” Brad continued, “You’ve been at the top, you’ve been at the bottom, I’ve never left your side. You play this tournament on your terms, play to win. Hit your shots. Right now I’m going to simplify this for you. If he hits the ball over there, here’s a great idea: run. Wherever he is, don’t hit it there. You’re going to go back and play on your terms. Your dreams are in your hands, and we’re going to go for it with our guns blazing and do it the way we’ve done it from the beginning.”

So I walked back on court, managed to find a groove and a bit of the zone and found myself serving for the match in the fifth. Then I recalled Brad’s epic words: “Go to the well.” I’d always asked, “What the hell are you talking about?” He’d say, “Make him go to his weakness.” On the last ball of the match, I served wide and it left his racket, and there’s a picture of one person, Brad, standing with his arms up because he knew I was about to achieve our dreams.

Wins come, wins go – they’re fleeting. But what that win and that time with your dad did was give me the second half of my career. It gave me a chance to find my mission in life, to provide education for underserved kids that don’t have a choice in their lives.

Your belief in me gave me the second half of my career and that helped me find my beautiful bride. Because of your guidance there, too, we got her to say “Yes,” and we would raise two beautiful children. So, I’ve been the beneficiary of the belief you always showed in me. I love you like a brother. I can’t thank you enough for everything you did – and I can never repay you. I love you, man.

Ako mislite da je pre za neku drugu temu - slobodno prebacite.

Edited by wwww

• 1 month later...

Like strawberries and cream, the Queue and all-white outfits, the champion’s climb to the players’ box to celebrate his victory with his closed ones has become a tradition at Wimbledon. It all started with Pat Cash, back in 1987:

“Champions of the past had celebrated their wins in time honoured fashion. Most used to jump the net and run up to commiserate with the person they had just beaten; this was the style of the Australians such as Laver, Emerson, Hoad and Fraser. But I wasn’t prepared to do that with Ivan Lendl; I didn’t like the guy at all and I wasn’t about to sympathise with him.
Don’t get me wrong: I’m a great lover of Wimbledon’s traditions and everything they stand for, but I wanted to go where no champion had ever gone before. Suddenly I made up my mind, and nothing or nobody was going to stop me. I had looked up to the players box, and so many of the people who meant so much to me were there: my coach Ian Barclay, my girlfriend Anne-Britt, my dad, my sister Renee, my uncle Brian, and the woman who had helped me become one of the fittest players ever to walk on a tennis court, Ann Quinn. I had to be up there with them, and I was going to show my gratitude by climbing up to them.

Why did I do it? Growing up I’d always seen myself as just a normal Aussie kid who liked rock and roll music, football and girls, but I suppose I was just a little bit left of centre. I was kind of crazy, and always tried to be a bit different. My family upbringing had never involved a lot of hugging, but I had it in my head that if I ever won Wimbledon I would show the world how much I actually felt for those people. I wanted to be with them for these most memorable minutes of my life, and the most public way of showing my thanks was to do it in this greatest arena in tennis. So off I went.” 

spacer.png

Iz ovog klipa 1981 USO F, 

vide se svi Borgovi problem sa betonom I kako ne moze da uspostavi svoju karakteristicnu igru.

Borg je inace igrac koji je RG gazio sa osnovne linije

dok je na W hrlio na mrezu

I u tome je zaista njegova unikatna snaga kao legende I pokazatelj raznovrsnosti tenisa u to doba.

Vidimo u ovom klipu iz 1981 kako Borg 'pati' na betonu I nema jasnu taktiku.

Izlazi na prvi servis uglavnom, ali bez kretanja odmah nakon servisa

(kako jedino I moze da se stigne do mreze) kao sto to rade pravi S&V igraci tipa Mc.

nego saceka kako ce serva pasti.

Na drugi servis, ostajanje na liniji, ali tu nije kraj.

Borg pokusava nakon nekoliko razmena da izadje na mrezu uglavnom.

U svemu tome, McEnroe deluje kao igrac koji kontrolise desavanja na terenu, I Borg nema sigurnu semu da osvoji poen.

• Like 2