Mercedes AMG W21 2021

Radoye

Valtteri Bottas says it is easy to say Mercedes should have carried out a shakedown of its new car after it lost almost half of the opening day of testing in Bahrain to a reliability issue.

“I and the entire team were looking forward to getting on track,” Bottas said. “On the first lap, the installation lap, we realized there was an issue with the gearbox, so we obviously had to localize the issue and change the gearbox, which takes quite a bit of time.

“Only at the very end (of the session) we got a few more laps and then it was red flagged, so that was it. Six laps in total, all with aero rakes on the car, so not much running today. Not an ideal start.

“It’s very easy to say it afterwards. Of course, now, yes, we would have done (a shakedown) before, but in recent years everything has been pretty much bulletproof and certain things have already been run in the dyno, etc. Yes, we can say that now and I’m sure it will be reviewed for next year.”

• 2 weeks later...

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown believes the Silver Arrows will have an all-new “killer” driver line-up in 2022.

“I think you will see Max [Verstappen] and George [Russell] there in 2022,” Brown said this week, a few days ahead of the 2021 season getting underway in Bahrain.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:59 PM, alpiner said:

Da li je ovo tačno. Iskreno nebih voleo da Luis ode sa grida, ima tu jos vatre. Mada pitanje ko moze ponuditi mu dobar bolid da se trka. Ako napreduje Meklaren ili Red Bull ali to je sve na dugom stapu. Narocito zato sto RB sam "proizvodi Hondin motor u 2022".

A opet, ko garantuje da ce mercedes biti tako dobar 2022...

4 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Pa ako je Mercedes za ovu sezonu konstruisao zver od motora, a razvoj motora se ‘zamrzava’ do 2025. godine...? 

Dogodine se kompletno menjaju bolidi, drasticne promene pravila oko sasije i aerodinamike, motori ce u prvi mah tu biti sekundarni jer ce biti vaznije ko ubode aeropaket iz prve a tu je Njui ipak nenadmasan majstor. 2022. otvara sansu za veliko mesanje karata, nije neverovatno da vidimo neku sezonu tipa 2009. da tim koji je dotle bio nigde najbolje poslozi kockice i uzme titulu na neki trik. Imacemo sezonu - dve sanse za neku nepredvidljivost dok se sasvim ne otkljuca nova aerodinamicka formula i onda ponovo motori ulaze u igru.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Vrlo je zanimljivo ovo prelaženje inženjera iz Mercedesa u Red Bul. Očigledno kod Totoa ne ide sve baš kako se predstavlja.

Čak je i Marko uzeo da poprckuje:

Marko: Mercedes offering double pay if people stay

Mercedes are offering “double the salary” to persuade their engine staff to stay, says Helmut Marko, but six have already joined Red Bull.

Creating the ‘Red Bull Powertrain’ division to run their Honda engines in 2022, and design their own power unit in the years to come, Red Bull began a staff drive.

And they did their shopping at Mercedes.

The team first announced Ben Hodgkinson as their engine technical director, before confirming another five signings in the build-up to the Spanish Grand Prix. A seventh, Red Bull’s new head of mechanical development, will be announced in the coming weeks.

Mercedes, at least according to Marko, are desperate to keep their staff from leaving and are offering “double” salaries to persuade them to stay.

At least six, maybe seven, haven’t been swayed by the big-bucks offers.

“Red Bull is a passionate racing team,” Marko, Red Bull’s advisor, told Motorsport-Magazin. “Everything all in one house.

“Mercedes offers people who come to us double the salary if they stay. We don’t.”

Red Bull’s shopping list has been aided by its close proximity to Mercedes’ Brackley headquarters.

“We certainly benefit from the fact that our campus is in England, where we have access to a great deal of talent in engineering,” said team boss Christian Horner.

“All the executives announced bring a lot of experience and expertise and innovation for the Red Bull Powertrains program and offer us the best possible technical platform for the future.”

Max Verstappen was asked about Red Bull’s move to sign more and more of Mercedes’ championship-winning engine staff.

As he pointed out, it’s “normal” for personnel to move between teams.

“Interesting, but normal,” he told Formule1.nl. “I think it is also an interesting project for people because it is new.

“If you have been somewhere for a long time, sometimes you look for a new challenge. That’s normal.”

I da dodam, to su poprilično visoke pozicije:

The senior leadership appointments include:

PU Production Director – Steve Blewett, former Head of Manufacturing at Mercedes Benz HPE
Head of Powertrains Electronics and ERS – Omid Mostaghimi, former F1 Electronics Team Leader at Mercedes AMG HPP
Head of Mechanical Design ERS – Pip Clode, former Team Leader – F1 Power Unit Concept at Mercedes AMG HPP
Head of PU Design ICE – Anton Mayo, former engineer at Mercedes AMG HPP
Group Leader ICE Operations – Steve Brodie, former F1 trackside and final inspection manager at Mercedes AMG HPP

Toto kaze Red Bul pokusao da preotme Mercedesu 100 zaposlenih a uspeli su da odvedu 15; istina da im je ponudio duple plate da ostanu ali navodno RBR im je dao trostruke da odu.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/05/07/red-bull-approached-100-mercedes-engine-staff-and-got-15-wolff/

Mercedes CEO Toto Wolff has revealed Red Bull tried to recruit 100 of the staff at Mercedes-Benz High Performance Powertrains for its new power unit facility.

Red Bull Powertrains has been set up at their base in Milton Keynes to run the team’s Honda power units after the manufacturer leaves the sport at the end of the year.

Yesterday Red Bull confirmed five engineers with Mercedes experience, most of which had been permanent staff, had joined their Powertrains division. They will join Mercedes’ head of mechanical engineering Ben Hodgkinson, who Red Bull confirmed as the project’s technical director last month.

But Wolff said only a small number of the staff approached by Red Bull had joined the team.

“It’s pretty obvious that if you want to set up an engine factory in the UK, there’s only one and that’s us,” he told Sky. “We have 900 or so employees there. And if you’re fishing out 15 of these or so, that’s that’s pretty normal.

“But they went mainly after manufacturing staff so it’s not really [for] performance. I guess they want to build up the company. But credit to the project, it’s a Mount Everest to climb and I’d like to have a fight with Red Bull power units.”

“I think they have approached 100 people or and they got 15, maybe,” he added.

Wolff did not deny he offered to double the salaries of his staff in order to encourage them to stay, as claimed by Red Bull motorsport Helmut Marko. But he suggested Red Bull’s offers may have gone beyond that.

“Doubling the salaries is one thing but if you triple them, at a certain stage, you’re not going to compete anymore, even for loyal people.

“But it is what it is. I respect everybody that wants to defend his business or build their business and retaliation time has not yet come.”

Pa sad kojem od dva zemljaka namazana svim bojama verovati, Helmutu ili Totu.

Pa fora je u tome da Honda zadrzava Hondine strucnjake a RBR gradi kompletno nova postrojenja za proizvodnju pogona. A bice i narednih specifikacija motora (ono planirano sa bio-gorivom i kojesta), neko ce morati i taj motor da proizvede a kao sto vidis niko nece sa RBR da saradjuje, sa svima su se posvadjali i sa Renoom i sa Mercedesom i sa Ferarijem. Pa ako ne bude novih proizvodjaca jedino im ostalo sami da prave.

A govori se i o tome da Matesic planira da proda ekipu i da cilja nekog od velikih proizvodjaca (tipa VAG i tome slicno) i da konta da ce lakse prodati sve u paketu ako ima i proizvodnju motora.

Koliko bih voleo da VAG konačno pronađe davno izgubljena muda i uđe u F1.

Tako bi Mercedes sigurno ostao u F1 na pravi način, jer nema šanse da bi čak i novi CEO Daimlera smeo da tu nešto improvizuje.

Puno poštovanje RB na svemu što su uradili u F1, ali ipak su oni proizvođači šećerne vodesa kofeinom.

On 5/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, Radoye said:

A govori se i o tome da Matesic planira da proda ekipu i da cilja nekog od velikih proizvodjaca (tipa VAG i tome slicno) i da konta da ce lakse prodati sve u paketu ako ima i proizvodnju motora.

Ako mu je to plan moram da kažem da je prilično glup plan jer je taj isti tim kupio sa sve objektima, ljudima i opremom od Forda za $1. 

Liberty mora da poveća gledanost F1 u svetu, pre svega bogatim zemljama. Ljudi nisu voljni da kupuju F1 TV ili da se pretplate na sportski kanal koji prenosi. Svaki sponzor ili proizvodjač automobila bi se zainteresovao da zna da će njegov brend videti mnogo veći broj ljudi nego do sada pa bi bilo spremni da ulože makar ih skupo koštalo. Do tada ni VAG ni bilo ko drugi ne razmišlja o F1.

4 minutes ago, Drago said:

Ako mu je to plan moram da kažem da je prilično glup plan jer je taj isti tim kupio sa sve objektima, ljudima i opremom od Forda za $1.

Da, kupio je za $1 ali je u medjuvremenu ogroman novac ulupao u sve to i sada gleda da izvuce maksimum. Racunica je da ako ima kompletnu infrastrukturu i za sasiju i za motor da ce lakse prodati zainteresovanom proizvodjacu (koji je mozda zainteresovan ali ne zeli da gradi sve od nule), a bez toga mu jedino ostaje da uvalja to nekom mutnom oligarhu za relativno sitnu lovu koju ce na kraju mozda videti a mozda i nece.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Eto Botas ni gumu ne ume da promeni kako treba!

https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/03/bottas-surprised-wolff-suggested-he-was-at-fault-in-botched-monaco-gp-pit-stop/

Valtteri Bottas admitted he was surprised by comments made by Mercedes CEO Toto Wolff regarding the pit stop which put him out of the Monaco Grand Prix.

The Mercedes driver, who ran second in the early stages of the race, was forced to retire when the team were unable to remove his front-right wheel during a pit stop. Mercedes discovered the teeth of the wheel nut were machined off during the stop which thwarted their efforts to remove it.

Wolff told Auto Motor und Sport Bottas had “stopped a little early” in the pit box which meant the mechanic applied the wheel gun to the nut at an angle, contributing to the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hamilton zapoceo pregovore oko produzetka ugovora i trazi da mu Botas ostane:

Lewis Hamilton says talks have started between himself and Mercedes regarding a new contract for next season onwards.

Both Mercedes drivers are currently out of contract at the end of 2021, with Hamilton only signing a one-year extension in February after his previous deal had expired. He has previously stated his desire to avoid a similar situation where his future is uncertain over the winter, and talks with Mercedes have now begun for 2022. The world champion said he would like to see Valtteri Bottas remain alongside him.

“We have begun discussions,” Hamilton said. “Not a lot to say too much…. We have started discussions and things are positive. And yep, Valtteri is my teammate now and both of us have had ups and downs in our careers but he’s a fantastic teammate and I don’t necessarily see that it needs to change.”

https://racer.com/2021/06/24/hamilton-starts-mercedes-contract-talks-wants-bottas-to-stay/

• 2 weeks later...

Pa sada, Rasel rece da je mercedesov vozac i da je lojalan timu, pa mozda i ne rizikuju previse da ce ga izgubiti ako zadrze botasa. Ali mislim da mu samim tim odose najbolje godine u losem timu i da je red da sedne u Mercedes, jer mislim da su iz Hamiltona izvukli maksimum. 

opet, videcemo na sta ce timovi liciti sledece godine, kada novi bolidi izadju na stazu. Nije garant ni da ce Mercedes zadrzati primat 

• 2 months later...

Ako Raselu već neće dati da se trka protiv Hamiltona nadam se da će imati odnos kakav su imali Masa i Šumaher 2006. godine, stari šampion mentoriše mladu nadu. Ako ga budu tretirali kao Botasa bolje da ga nisu ni dovodili iz Vilijamsa...

• Like 1