Ostale serije

Radoye

O dobro smo mi ovde opljuvali ponasanje Max-a. A ni novinari ga nisu stedeli.

Ne brini o tome. A nece biti sankcionisano, bas kao ni Max-ovo, ni Grozanovo ni Kivijat-ovo itd. Dok neko ne napravi slicno sranje kao ovo poslednje a iz njega se ne izvuce ziva glava.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, Radoye said:

Roborejs izgleda izduvao, ali kanda cemo ipak dobiti trkacku seriju autonomnih robo-bolida:

https://racer.com/2019/11/05/ims-to-host-driverless-indy-lights-race-in-2021/

I evo jos: https://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/news-multimedia/news/2021/01/11/indy-autonomous-challenge-unveils-race-car?startrow=1

Kiwi legend Ken Smith races on at age 79

By Vintage Motorsport

January 13, 2021 6:27 AM

yMPInGy6UkoFTFnffIMNA5La3kJhYhXHvoHzD-Sp

At the age of 79, Ken Smith will start the NZ Grand Prix for an astounding 50th time on Jan. 24, at Hampton Downs. That comes during his 63rd year in motorsport.

New Zealand’s premier motor race since 1950, the NZGP has crowned winners that include legends Bruce McLaren, Chris Amon, Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss — and three-time victor Ken Smith.

Since 1965, when he started his first NZGP, in a Lotus 22, Smith has barely missed a race. His first win came in 1976 during the glamorous, dangerous Formula 5000 era. He claimed victory again in 1990 and in 2004, and also won the NZ Gold Star championship five times.

Next week, Smith will line up in his 50th NZ Grand Prix. He’s probably not going to win it. Up against the latest batch of young Kiwi racers in Tatuus TRS spec cars, with a handful of former champions brought back to compensate for the COVID-restricted international entry, Smith acknowledges he’s not as sharp as he once was once (and yes, there was a triple-bypass a few years back), but he’s still here.

“Everyone on the grid, they’re all real drivers, all there for the same reason — to do their best in what is a very challenging and competitive sport,” he says. “The excitement of it never goes away.”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Jedna neverovatna prica, Sem Smit bivsi Indikar vozac i sadasnji suvlasnik tima inace paraplegicar nakon teske nesrece ponovo ima vozacku dozvolu i cak se aktivno takmici uz pomoc tehnologije:

Schmidt Savors Racing in Next Step in Arrow SAM Car Journey

By Zach Horrall | Published: Mar 21, 2021

PROMO_Sam_Schmidt___car_horizontal.5e4c4

More than two decades after scoring his lone INDYCAR SERIES win and shortly thereafter being paralyzed after a practice crash at Walt Disney World Speedway, Sam Schmidt is doing something he never thought he’d do again: competing in a race car.

Schmidt, co-owner of NTT INDYCAR SERIES team Arrow McLaren SP, competed in the Optima Ultimate Street Car Series on March 20-21 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the site of his 1999 series win and his home racetrack. Schmidt drove a modified Chevrolet Corvette C8, called the Arrow SAM Car, against able-bodied racers driving with conventional controls. The Arrow SAM Car uses sophisticated technology to let Schmidt drive by using only the motion of his head.

“This has been life-changing,” said Schmidt, 56. “Twenty-one years ago, there’s no way I ever thought I’d drive again or even come close to competing. I can’t say enough about the equipment by Arrow for making this happen. It’s really a full-circle situation with being here at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, where we won the race here 21 years ago and finally, truly competing head-to-head on a racetrack. It’s pretty cool stuff that I get to show up with my helmet, I get in the car and I drive.”

This isn’t just a demonstration run. Schmidt is competing in the series’ three disciplines: autocross, speed stop and on the road course. In the autocross category, Schmidt put a time of 59 seconds on the board Saturday. In speed stop, he was ranked 20th of 66 cars by midday Sunday, and on the road course he put a time of 1 minute, 55 seconds on the board, which put him fourth out of 15 cars in his class.

Schmidt noted how his perspective has changed as Arrow’s technology has progressively become more sophisticated. Leading up to moments like this, the goal was simply to get back into a race car. Then, the goal was to compete. Now that he’s competing, like any race car driver, he wants more.

“Now, unfortunately, we’re competing, and I want to win,” he said. “The Arrow technology has gotten to where we’re really maximizing the technology of a stock car. To go any faster, we’re probably going to have to bolt on some aftermarket parts, which is really fun.

“You wouldn’t be a driver if you’re not complaining about something, right?”

This weekend has been eight years in the making. Schmidt partnered with Arrow in 2013 with the goal of making his dream of driving a car again come true. To do so, Arrow engineers have worked through two different generations of the car that is controlled by semi-autonomous head controls.

To drive this car, Schmidt wears a racing hat and sunglasses fitted with eight infrared sensors, and inside the car are four infrared cameras mounted facing the driver. The cameras and sensors motion-track Schmidt’s subtle head movements in real time, which is how he drives.

To steer, Schmidt tilts his head and looks in the direction he wants the car to go. To accelerate, he puffs breaths into a mouthpiece, which then translates the pressure to the gas pedal and gives him full control of over acceleration. To brake, Schmidt “sips” on the mouthpiece, which translates the negative pressure into braking.

Not only has Schmidt driven a race car competitively, but the Nevada Department of Motor Vehciles has issued Schmidt the first driver’s license to a person with high-level quadriplegia, and it has designated the Arrow SAM Car as an experimental car that can be driven on public streets.

Schmidt said this is just the beginning for himself in a competitive setting, but also for Arrow, which hopes to show the automotive industry and the general population that the conventional way society looks at cars and who is able to drive them can change.

The pair also hopes to change the lives of millions of people who suffer from physical disabilities. Schmidt said he hopes this car and competing this weekend gives people with disabilities the motivation and the confidence that they can do anything.

“(Arrow) did it originally because their true belief in life is that technology is integral to help people, but if you give technology to people with disabilities, it not only helps people, it makes their lives easier,” he said. “It can be life-altering in a lot of cases. They’ve continued to show off their capabilities.”

As Arrow’s technology progresses, Schmidt isn’t just along for the ride. He’s steering the car at speed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/sports-cars/le-mans-legend-stuck-to-make-racing-comeback-at-70

Two-times Le Mans winner, F1 veteran and DTM champion Hans-Joachim Stuck is gearing up to make his racing comeback at the age of 70

Stuck, a veteran of 74 Formula 1 starts who also won the 1985 World Sportscar Championship and 1990 DTM title, will mark a seventh decade of racing with his return in first round of the new GT2 European Series at Monza, driving a KTM X-Bow GT2.

😮

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nije se samo u Indijanapolisu trkalo, Supermodifajdi su isli u Osvigu:

https://www.floracing.com/events/6966698-2021-64th-annual-classic-weekend-at-oswego-speedway/videos?playing=7068978

(video hajlajtsi - spektakularan kraj, tri kruga pre trke lom poluosovine na bolidu Daga Dideroa razvaljuje rezervoar za ulje i izaziva pozar)

"I am feeling ok and want to thank everyone for their concern. We were in good position for another Classic top five. The car was solid and I just wanted to finish that race, so it was a shame that it ended that way. I have never had anything like that happen in my career. It was a very scary accident. I got the belts off as fast as I could, but some flames entered my helmet when the car was engulfed. My face is feeling a little tender today and I have some areas around my eyes that were burned, but I am doing alright. I appreciate all who have checked on me and also want to thank the safety crew and ambulance crew for doing such a great job." - Doug Didero

Sve zaustavljeno. Crvena do jutra. Pada kisa ubi, neka maglustina, skroz bezveze vreme, cak i kod mene je blah vreme. Mislio sam bice lepo sutra da se provozam sa decom do staze (sat vremena) ali izgleda mrka kapa. Bice kisa non-stop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Climb aboard with Pikes Peak International Hill Climb overall winner Robin Shute for his winning run at the 99th running of the event in his Wolf GB08 TSC-LT, and an interview with him at the end of his run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dennis Hauger has clinched the 2021 FIA Formula 3 championship with two races to spare!

Second place in the first F3 race of the weekend secures the title for the 18-year-old Norwegian racer, who is part of the Red Bull Junior Team.