Ostale serije

Radoye

Larson takes long-awaited Chili Bowl victory

eonwncdwkaaiyzk.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Image by Swikar Patel / TRD

By: Robin Miller

1 hour ago

Kyle Larson finally won the Chili Bowl and he did it in fitting style — by beating Christopher Bell.

In his 13th attempt and after being beaten on the last lap a year ago by Bell, Larson stalked his soon-to-be NASCAR rival for the first 38 laps before sliding into the lead coming off Turn 2. Then he held off the three-time Chili champion in a couple late restarts to earn his first Golden Driller trophy.

“Sorry NASCAR and Daytona but this is the biggest effing win I’ve ever had,” said the 27-year-old Californian who started third. “This is badass and I’ve spent almost half my life trying to win this thing. It’s an amazing feeling.”

Going for his fourth consecutive victory in the midget race that kicks off the racing season, Bell fell a couple car lengths short.

“Second at the Chili Bowl sucks but I want to thank my owner Chad Boat because this was a blast,” said the Oklahoma native who won three in a row for Keith Kunz operation but switched to Tucker-Boat Racing this year. Starting on the outside of Row 1 in the 24-car field, Bell powered past polesitter Tanner Thorson and into the lead in the first turn and immediately pulled away to a two-second advantage in his Spike/Toyota. It looked like game, set and match until they caught traffic and then a caution on Lap 35 changed everything. It closed up the field and Larson was able to hang with Bell on the restart before striking a few laps later.

“I don’t know if I had a tire going down or Kyle was better for those 10 laps,” said Bell, who moved into NASCAR’s top tier in 2020 after excelling in Xfinity and trucks. “The track was treacherous but he didn’t make any mistakes this year.”

EOofUBKWAAAnAin.jpg

Larson, who also left Kunz’s dominant operation to start his own team, bounced off the cushion (and the wall once) but managed to keep his Lucas Oil King/Toyota out in front. “I got sloppy a couple times at the end but Paul Silva gave me a great car.”

Sixteen-year-old Cannon McIntosh charged from eighth to finish third in only his second appearance in Tulsa.

“It was really cool to run with Chris and Rico (Abreu) and my car got better and better,” said McIntosh, who drives one of Kunz’s Bullet/Toyotas. “I learned a lot and it was a lot of fun.”

Former USAC midget champ Logan Seavey put in the charge of the night as he stormed from 11th to fourth for Kevin Swindell’s team.

IndyCar drivers Conor Daly, Santino Ferrucci and James Davison ran earlier in the day with Daly taking ninth in the H Main, Ferrucci finishing seventh in the K Main and Davison ninth in the M main.

EOnoaK3WsAMgYxg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Italian-based Prema Powerteam has announced that Sebastian Montoya, the 14-year-old son of IndyCar, F1 and IMSA star Juan Pablo Montoya, has joined its Formula 4 squad for 2020. The Colombian teen has been racing karts in the USA from the age of 8, moving up to the OK class ranks last year, and will make his race car debut contesting the full Italian F4 championship and selected races of the German ADAC-promoted F4 series.

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan Newman is serious condition with unspecified injuries at Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach and is undergoing further treatment and evaluation.

NASCAR executive vice president Steve O’Donnell read a statement to the media on Newman’s condition on behalf of Roush Fenway Racing just after 10 p.m. ET. Newman was transported directly to the hospital after being removed from his No. 6 Ford Mustang following an accident on the final lap of the Daytona 500.

The statement read: “Ryan Newman is being treated at Halifax Medical Center. He’s in serious condition, but doctors have indicated his injuries are non-life threatening. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers and ask that you respect the privacy of Ryan and his family during this time. We appreciate your patience and cooperation and will provide more information as it becomes available.”

O’Donnell said NASCAR would continue to work with Roush Fenway and Newman’s family to support them in any way.

“We ask that you respect their privacy, and going forward, we’ll provide updates as we can,” said O’Donnell. “But at this time, our thoughts are with Ryan and his family.”

The update on Newman’s condition was welcomed across the paddock, and prompted an immediate statement from Ford.

“We’re grateful for the news about Ryan,” said Mark Rushbrook, global director, Ford Performance Motorsports. “We had been waiting for information just like everyone else, so to hear some positive news tonight is a relief.  Ryan has been an important part of the Roush Fenway and Ford NASCAR program this past year, and he is so respected for being a great competitor by everyone in the sport. The entire Ford family is sending positive thoughts for his recovery, but our first thoughts remain with his family and his team.”

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nesto su petljali prosle godine da se ujedinjuju sa japanskom SuperGT - ako ne u jednu seriju ono makar u istu specifikaciju pa da mogu isti auti i tamo i 'vamo. U svakom slucaju sa samo jednim proizvodjacem DTM nema nikakvog smisla.

Voleo bih da struja krene iz nekog od tih jakih nacionalnih šampionat.

FormulaE je za mene prevara i prodavanje magle.. tačnije zelene magle. Dovukli su gomilu poznatih imena i sve su vozači i ni jedan dizajner. Toliko o napretku. 

Nadam se da ću uskoro videti seriju u kojoj su konkurenti električni Mustang, BMW i5, E-Tron.. a, ne ovo sranje koje izgleda kao da je pobeglo iz teenage filma

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Clint Vahsholtz wins overall at Pikes Peak

egsrpufumaa1emh.jpeg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Image by Larry Chen

By RACER Staff | 49 minutes ago

Veteran hillclimber Clint Vahsholtz claimed overall and Open Wheel division honors in the 98th running of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb with his 2013 Ford Open Wheeler. In his 29th run up the 12.42-mile “Race to the Clouds,” Vahsholtz’s time of 9m35.490s edged out fellow Pikes Peak veteran Paul Dallenbach for overall and Open Wheel honors by just 0.691s.

In what was a challenging year for the venerable hill climb event, with spectators prohibited due to the COVID-19 pandemic and no motorcycles in the entry, the win by Vahsholtz was a needed emotional boost and added to a storied history for the Vahsholtz family at the “Race to the Clouds”. Since 1977 the Colorado family have had at least one family member in the race, and Clint, now 47, holds the most division and class wins at Pikes Peak of any competitor ever, with 24 wins in cars and motorcycles. But he’d never won overall — until today.

Third overall and winner in the Time Attack 1 class was David Donner, who logged a 9m356.559 in his 2019 Porsche GT2 RS Clubsport to edge Pikes Peak Hall of Famer Jeff Zwart for class honors. Zwart, fifth overall, reached the top in 9m43.921 in his Porsche 935-19.

Layne Schranz was sixth overall and winner of the Pikes Peak Open class, with a 9m45.360s in his 2018 Chevrolet SS, while drifting star Daijiro Yohihara won the Unlimited class with the last run of the day among the 45 entrants, a 10m05.006s

• Like 1

Eves likely sidelined for remainder of Indy Pro 2000 season

rti_ims_092020_f_4776-xl.jpg?w=1000&h=60

By Marshall Pruett | 17 minutes ago

Reigning USF2000 champion Braden Eves is not expected to continue his Indy Pro 2000 campaign this season with Exclusive Autosport after suffering significant injuries during Thursday’s race on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course.

While dueling with Danial Frost exiting the infield, Eves spun and took flight as high-speed air was introduced to the No. 1 Tatuus PM-18’s diffuser while facing backwards. With the rear of the car leading Eves into a brief flight, the chassis landed upside down and then made contact with the SAFER barrier with the car’s nose.

Coming to a halt while inverted, the Ohioan was extracted and taken to Methodist Hospital where he was diagnosed with multiple neck fractures and a fracture above his right eye.

Prior to the crash, Eves held third in the Indy Pro 2000 championship after putting in an impressive drive at World Wide Technology Raceway, where a couple of late passes promoted the 21-year-old to second at the finish line.

With the advancement prize in hand for winning the USF2000 title to fund the step up to Indy Pro 2000, it’s unclear how the unused portion of the scholarship might be used upon Eves’ return in 2021. However it’s funded, Exclusive Autosport team owner Michael Duncalfe is keen to resume the relationship when Eves is recovered and ready to drive for the Canadian squad.

“We will do whatever we can to get him back behind the wheel next year,” Duncalfe told RACER. “He is definitely something special, in and out of the car.”

• 3 weeks later...

NHRA files lawsuit against Coca-Cola over sponsorship termination [UPDATED]

By Mark Glendenning | 22 hours ago

The NHRA has began legal action against Coca-Cola Co. after the soft drink giant severed its title sponsorship of the sanctioning body’s professional championships through its Mello Yello brand.

In a letter to NHRA competitor information website nhraracer.com, NHRA President Glen Cromwell said that the partnership, which began in 2002, was contracted through to 2023, and accused Coca Cola of taking advantage of COVID-19 to break the deal:

2020 is a year we will never forget. As the country and the world paused in the face of COVID-19, NHRA, like other sports sanctioning bodies, canceled and postponed events.  We had to do our part to protect public health and our decisions were based on evolving governmental and public health guidance. We worked with our entire racing community, government authorities and experts to return to racing in a prudent way.  Now, we are one of the few sports anywhere that’s successfully returned to operating with spectators, with protocols in place to support those operations. 

Like many organizations, the pandemic impacted our finances. For example, without fans in the stands, we were forced to reduce purses. The good news is that our overall financial health remains strong and we are excited to gear up for our 70th anniversary in 2021.  We are taking a bit more time to announce the 2021 national event schedule so we can have fuller information and more certainty.  The schedule might look different than before – it might start later and it might start on the east coast – but it will be packed with what everyone expects from NHRA racing.

I’m truly proud to say that the NHRA is the largest and greatest auto racing organization in the world, and we have all of you to thank for that, as well as everyone else with a passion for NHRA racing. When the pandemic struck, our entire racing family focused on everyone’s health and safety. On the pro series side, we continued to work closely with our series sponsor, Coca-Cola, and their Mello Yello brand.  Even though they decided to withhold a payment from us during the pandemic, they worked with us and all systems were go for their sponsorship to continue, as contracted, through the end of 2023.

Recently, Coca-Cola had a change of heart, and told us they would walk away from their agreement to sponsor our professional series — not at the end of 2023, as promised in their agreement, but now, after being with us since 2002.  We’re deeply disappointed that they’ve taken this position.   

NHRA has always treated our sponsors as part of our family. Family sticks together when times get tough. But it seems The Coca-Cola Company is using the pandemic as an opportunity to break their promise. We can’t let that stand. We owe it to everyone who makes the NHRA so excellent – all our employees, teams, tracks, fans, partners and sponsors – to hold Coca-Cola to its promises.

Today, in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, we filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Company. We have never filed a lawsuit like this in our history, and we never expected to be forced to take action against such a longstanding partner. We value relationships with our sponsors.  We do not take this action lightly.  But we are unwavering in our belief that we have no other option to protect our rights and the interests of our racing community, especially the racers whose purse was funded in large part by this agreement.

Thank you for all you have done these past few months. We will continue to work with the greatest sponsors in the world, and together, we will cross many more finish lines, stronger than we have ever been before.

When contacted by RACER for a response, a Coca-Cola Co. spokesperson said: “The NHRA’s allegations against The Coca-Cola Company are unfounded and we will defend the lawsuit accordingly.”

This story was updated after publication to include the statement from Coca-Cola Co.

• 2 weeks later...

Debil je zasluzio dozivotnu suspenziju ali licno bih suspendovao i pistu na isti period zbog lose organizacije takmicenja - vlasnici su njegovi roditelji, a siguran sam da nije u pitanju gazdino dete da bi redari i obezbedjenje agilnije pokusali da ga sprece u pravljenju sranja.

EDIT: i Baton se slaze - https://www.racefans.net/2020/10/04/button-demands-lifetime-bans-for-kart-racer-corberi-and-father-over-disgusting-behaviour/

Edited by Radoye
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lucas Oil Products announced that is discontinuing its ownership and operation of the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. The decision brings an end what has been widely recognized as the world’s premier short course off-road racing championship series for more than a decade. The announcement also includes the discontinuation of the Lucas Oil Regional Off Road Series.

For the past 12 seasons, the Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series has hosted a who’s who of off-road racing’s most recognizable names, including Rob MacCachren, Kyle LeDuc, and Carl Renezeder, along with crossover stars like Brian Deegan, Jeremy McGrath, Carey Hart, and Jeff Ward. Perhaps even more significant is the series’ development of dynamic young driving talents who are poised to achieve success, no matter what they are driving. This includes budding NASCAR stars like Hailie Deegan and Sheldon Creed, along with short course off-road’s ascending talents like RJ Anderson, Jerett Brooks, Brock Heger, Ryan Beat, and more.

• 3 weeks later...

Mislim da ce Mazepin tek da pokaze svoje “umece” posle odmora izmedju F2 i F1. Zamislite kada ode u majcicu i tamo pocnu moooda da rastu i lozenje bude na vrhuncu. Decko je po izjavama i ponasanju tipican..........da ne zaradim kaznu. Radoye je u pravu bice dostojan naslednik Grozana i Magnusena.

Gresna mi dusa, ali voleo bih da vidim klinc izmedju njega i Max-a. Cisto da vidim da li ce Max da pokusa da ponovi ono guranje u garazi na ovome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Radoye said:

Danas na Suzuki:

https://www.facebook.com/racefansdotnet/videos/310516503435976

Japanska SuperFormula i pokusaj da cetvorica zajedno prodju kroz prvu krivinu. Rezultat - crvena zastava.

Danas u Bahreinu:

Mazepin pokazuje da ce Grozan i Magnusen imati dostojnog naslednika u Has F1.

Dečko ne radi ništa što Max nije radio na početku karijere. To što je tada ostalo nesankcionisano sada gledamo kao posledicu. 

Pošto je sa "pogrešne strane zida" verovatno će ga okarakterisati kao lujku kako ga već neki opisuju na forumu. Isto važi za Kvijata. Da je npr. iz Engleske najgore što bi dobio kao opis je "hotheaded".