NBA 2020/2021 - Lejkersi b2b ili neko drugi???

Miki28 Teoljub

Andrew Wiggins’ defensive impact

Spoiler

Draymond Green’s return changed the equation. The Warriors allow five fewer points per 100 possessions with him on the floor. That on/off gap will likely only grow as the sample does. Green ties everything together — a Defensive Player of the Year candidate and assistant coach mixed into one, erasing mistakes and demanding on-the-fly improvement.

But he’s getting a whole lot of help. Kelly Oubre Jr. does disruptive things. James Wiseman has a rookie target on his back but is still a redwood tree clogging the lane. Kent Bazemore, who had three blocks on Sunday, flies around in the second unit. Brad Wanamaker is a grown man with quick hands. Kevon Looney is smart. The rotation-wide want-to is there.

But it’s Andrew Wiggins who has quickly emerged as the Warriors’ second-most-important defender, behind Green. On this homestand, he’s taken turns guarding Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Pascal Siakam, Kyle Lowry and others. He’s stood up well in all instances.

“We now have somebody to put on the opponent’s best player,” Kerr said. “The ability to put Andrew on those types of players to use his size and athleticism, it’s really the key to our current roster construction. We didn’t have the ability last year. Now we’ve got the ability to guard on the perimeter and guard those wings, so we can be good defensively.”

Sunday was arguably the best defensive game of Wiggins’ career. Just go to the tape.

• Tracked a driving Fred VanVleet, glided over from the weak side, blocked his layup and even guided the block into VanVleet, who was falling and watched it trickle off his hand out of bounds. Warriors ball.

• Recovered on a slithering drive by Siakam, read his sneak-attack layup on the front side of the rim and swatted it hard off the backboard so it ricocheted into Curry’s hands for a fastbreak opportunity.

• Went to the weak side and tap-blocked a cutting layup attempt by OG Anunoby, forcing a reset.

• Stayed with the quick Norman Powell on a transition drive, stoned him near the block and forced a contested floater, which he blocked toward Green, setting up another transition opportunity. Three of his four blocks changed the possession arrow.

• Bottled up Siakam in isolation situations the entire fourth quarter. It started with Wiggins bumping Siakam off the block, using his surprising strength to dissuade a post-up opportunity.

• Closed out strong on Siakam and forced a jittery drive. He slid his feet well with Siakam and turned him around several times and into traffic, which led to a panicked pass and a shot clock violation sealed by another strong contest by Wiggins.

• Guarded Siakam and Lowry on a crucial possession with less than 90 seconds left, switching quickly and smartly and forcing Lowry to dribble under the rim and back out. He avoided a foul on one of the league’s biggest late-game foul magnets.

• Got a stop on Siakam in isolation at the buzzer, sealing the win.

Wiggins had 17 fourth-quarter points in Detroit to lead the Warriors to a much-needed road win on Dec. 29. He’s 20-for-52 from 3, a very steady 38.4 percent. He’s averaging a healthy 17.5 points per game, picking the correct times to attack and get his numbers. He hit the dagger 3 over Paul George in the win over the Clippers on Friday.

But it’s what he’s doing defensively that might matter most for the Warriors right now. Per Synergy, he’s been in the meat of 129 defensive possessions in 10 games and only given up 109 points. He’s guarded the pick-and-roll ballhandler on 37 possessions and only given up 32 points. He’s faced 13 isolations and only given up 11 points. Almost all of his defensive metrics are solid.

“We’re not asking him to change our franchise,” Kerr said. “We’re asking him to play defense, run the floor and get buckets. He’s capable of doing all of that.”

“I feel like I always play good defense,” Wiggins said. “I just feel like here the culture’s different (than Minnesota). Here everything is different, especially with the guys I have behind me. It’s not just me out there on defense. We’ve got Draymond, we’ve got Steph, we’ve got Kelly doing a hell of a job. The guys behind me, I know they’ve got my back and it’s great here.”

• Like 2

ono sto sam ja gledao oubre je bio najbolji defanzivac dok se green nije vratio. ovo im je jedina nada, da postanu ozbiljna defanzivna ekipa.

inace nema sanse da durant ili netsi nisu znali za ovo irvingovo partijanje. ako je uopste sve tacno.

Kakav je gospodin ispao Nesh kada je odmah ono prvo vece izasao i rekao da nema nikakve informacije ni gde je budala ni sta radi i da se njemu nije javio.

Sve je sasekao u korenu i jasno stavio do znanja i njemu i fransizi da nema nameru da ucestvuje u tim pizdarijama.

problem je sto nikakva kazna nece doticati irvinga. kazne ga sa neigranjem utakmica - njemu bolje, kazne ga novcano - zabole ga, ima vec milion para.

onomad izasle price da houston trazi irvinga. kakav autogol brooklyna ako to nisu prihvatili jer su mislili da ce ovaj biti normalan. bas mi krivo zbog duranta.

14 minutes ago, greenenvy said:

Kako nekome moze biti krivo za Duranta? Coveka koji se svadja sa ljudima po instagramu? Lol. 

11 minutes ago, alpaka Bereta Sida said:

Nije ni Durant nista manji retard od Kyriea. 

voli čovek da diskutuje sa no name ljudima na internetsu, jaka stvar. ko bi rekao da to smeta ljudima koji takođe ovo rade

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, alpaka Bereta Sida said:

I tu i tamo sam sebi replicira sa nekog od laznih accounta. 

i ja pričam sam sa sobom ponekad

ma vidi, svi imaju neki gvint i bug. ja na ovo durantovo gledam kao na nešto benigno, big deal

1 minute ago, SteveFrancis#3 said:

20 razlike od mrtvog DC-a

i bucksi prsli 20 razlike od knicksa pa im ništa ne fali

37 minutes ago, greenenvy said:

Kako nekome moze biti krivo za Duranta? Coveka koji se svadja sa ljudima po instagramu? Lol. 

34 minutes ago, alpaka Bereta Sida said:

Nije ni Durant nista manji retard od Kyriea. 

Jedno je šta neko radi van svog posla, a sasvim je druga stvar kada ti ne ispunjavaš obaveze koje imaš prema ugovoru sa klubom. Da si ti njima saigrač, i da ti igraš za par miliona dolara, a tvoj saigrač se ne javlja nikome, ne dolazi na treninge i utakmice, a zarađuje 30+ miliona, da li bi ti to smetalo? Da li bi ti isto tako smetalo ako je neko 100% posvećen klubu, ali se proziva po društvenim mrežama sa nebitnim likovima?

Edited by Green23
  • Like 8

Durant je prsotina sto kaze ABS. Sad slazem se da ta njegova boljka je mnogo manjeg intenziteta od ove epske prsotine kakav je Kyrie, ali covek je znao gde dolazi i sa kim dolazi da igra. Sad to mu je sto mu je. Ako je hteo da bude glavni baja, imao je i druge destinacije, gde je mogao igrati sa nekim normalnim. Gde god gotovo da je otisao, od te ekipe bi napravio contendera. Ako mu smeta sto se ovaj zajebava, nek trazi njegov trejd, ili milione od njegovog ugovora ili sopsten trejd u neku drugu ekipu.

Inace kad vec spominjemo Duranta i Irving, Dzanan Musa je pricao dozivljaje s njima dvojicom proslo ljeto kad je bio na odmoru jednom momku s kojim je isao u srednju skolu. KD kaze da je non stop napusen al da u sustini nije neka umisljena zvijezda dok za Kyriea kaze da je jos prvi dan kampa izasao iz svih grupnih chatova sa ostatkom tima i da ga je prilicno bolio kurac za tim izuzev par ovih njegovih havera tipa Jordana i Templea. 

ne znam koliko uviđate tu zamku modernog vremena: moj drugar zna musu koji će da isprofiliše profil poznatog igrača (A PRI TOME MUSA BALVAN OD 21GOD) i onda ćemo da sudimo o xy čoveku.

meni je super što je durant naduvan u offseasonu. i ja bih voleo da budem naduvan ali ne volim kriminal.

kakve gluposti, nije svet slučajno tu gde jeste i nisu boomeri jedini krivi.

• Like 1
  • Ha-ha 1