Roger Federer

Boxy

Pretpostavljam da su sad nasli neke koje su prilagodjene starijem uzrastu dece. Apsolutno mi je nemoguce da, pored tolikih para, sad Mirka mora da se aka ujutro da sprema dorucak deci, da ih voza do raznih skola i ostalih aktivnosti na raznorazne strane. A tek se Fed ne bi bavio ovim trivijalnostima. Fed i Mirka su tu da provedu "kvalitetnno vreme" s decom, tj. da se druze, idu u setnju, na izlet, procitaju pricu, a ove banalnosti bi trebalo da za njih obavljaju drugi (bar bih ja to tako radila da imam njihove pare :classic_biggrin: )

Kjudineli napisao kolumnu o povlacenju Feda, ako nekog uopste zanima da cita :classic_biggrin:

With regard to Wimbledon Federer had no choice

It is questionable that a player can preventively abandon a Grand Slam tournament. Nevertheless, Roger's withdrawal from Paris is absolutely understandable for me if he doesn't want to endanger his season highligh

Roger Federers - officially declared as a precautionary measure - withdrawal before the round of 16 of the French Open was not only talked about in the tennis world. While the comments in Switzerland, with a few exceptions, were positive and pro-Roger, more criticism was felt internationally.

But what actually happened? In tennis, there are withdrawals because of injuries every week somewhere. Less often before the start of the match, mostly during a game, as happened a few days ago with the other Swiss in the third round, Henri Laaksonen. In contrast to the vast majority of such "walk overs", as we call forfait defeats in tennis jargon, this time the "walk over" concerned a major tournament and came from a world star whose grand slam comeback the entire tennis world was eagerly waiting for. Beside that, it was carried out preventively and not due to an acute injury.

I cannot remember that a player ever abandoned a Grand Slam tournament out of prevention and it seems very questionable at first glance. In Paris, this happened twice within a week, if Naomi Osaka's waiver in order to avoid any winner / loser interviews for the benefit of her mental health is also to be called preventive. With Roger's decision, however, it is worth taking a closer look. Then it becomes clear that this makes perfect sense.

Due to comparable experiences with knee problems, which forced me to undergo a complicated knee operation in 2007 and 2008, combined with an 18-month break, I can empathize with Roger's situation. A comeback after such a long time is - despite the carefully planned and over a longer period of advanced training - always a tightrope walk and fraught with many question marks. While training units can be precisely controlled and, if necessary, adjusted, these possibilities do not apply to a comeback athlete in a competition.

This knowledge alone causes the athlete to be much more tense in a match situation and the body to react more strongly as a result. For me, it was normal for my knee to swell up a little in the evening after the long-awaited comeback in the first tournaments, as is usual with inflammations. When I fell asleep, I asked myself whether this irritation would subside overnight or whether I might have to take a few days off after all.

At the beginning, my fear and scepticism were great, but mostly everything was OK again the next morning. The more matches and tournaments I was able to play, the calmer I was able to go to bed in the evening despite a slightly swollen knee. This, in turn, allowed me to focus more and more on other things from week to week which it takes to win matches.

Roger's withdrawal in Paris, where he didn't give himself a chance to win this year, is therefore very understandable for me. In order to be in top form on time for his personal highlight of the season at Wimbledon, he needs two things beforehand: On the one hand, he has to regain complete confidence in his body during match situations. On the other hand, he needs match practice in order to be ready in London in the event of a more difficult draw than in Paris. However, the total focus on match practice only succeeds when 100 percent trust in the body is available again.

The starts in Doha on hard courts and in Geneva and Paris on clay were clearly there for Roger to regain confidence in his body and thus tick off the first item on his comeback list. Now that he seems to have this confidence again, it is up to him to turn to the second point with match practice. With regard to Wimbledon, this in turn ideally takes place on grass, in his case in Halle from next week. In order for this to happen successfully on the special playing surface, Roger needs a few days of recovery after Paris, followed by several training sessions on grass.

Since Halle takes place every year directly after Paris, this only works for those players who were not there in Paris until the very end. Roger has also canceled three times at short notice from Halle in the past because he made it to the final in Paris without this being a problem at Wimbledon. In a “normal” year, Roger would have played through in Paris, as in the past, and then renounced Halle because he would have accumulated enough match practice on different fast surfaces since January.

In this special year, Roger urgently needs as many matches as possible in Halle if he wants to shine on his preferred surface. This left him no choice but to make this unpopular forfait decision.

• Like 1

Razmisljali su da li da igra protv Kepfera, da je to javno rekao, ne bi ga razapeli sto je odustao i nije igra protiv Beretinija

Roger on his desicion about RG: "I don't want to go into all the reasons, because my opponents don't have to know why I didn't continue playing." Said there were ? marks if he should play vs Koepfer, Roger thought he could try.

"The body has recovered well, but the knee needs special care. The good thing is that I know how my knee will react and what my options are. I know more or less what will happen" But I don't think anything insanely negative should happen."

a porodica nece biti sa njim u Londonu

KZS u Halleu:

Ovo bi trebalo da je prevod poslednja 2 pitaanja na nemackom/svajcarskom:

Translation to German part

Q: The 3 of you have won practically every grand slam lately. When you hear the numbers 19, 20, 20 what thoughts come to your mind? Does this record still matter to you or you don’t care?

RF: I think that as long as the three of us still play, everything is possible and we’ll see at the end what happens. But it’s spectacular that we have so many grand slams simultaneously whereas the others have so little. Earlier there used to be more players with 2, 4, 6, 8 GS. They were more spread. Now the 3 of us have won so many. I believe that many more different players will win slams in the future and I hope that the present situation changes because it shouldn’t be written and spoken only about GS. Otherwise we come to the old saying: what am I doing here (in Halle) at all? I play more ATP tournaments on the tour than GS. I know that the GS have given me a lot and I’m incredibly grateful. They are the big stage, I get it. But when I’ve been on the tour it hasn’t only been about GS. It was Sampras who started this “I care only about the GS”. After he said that everything changed. At some point I set this goal that it would be nice if I equalized or broke Pete’s record. So for me everything else above this number was a bonus. For Rafa it was different and for Novak it was different. I put the bar even higher and thus the two of them set much different goals than I did. My goal was never to win 14. Then all of a sudden I got close and I thought once the record is broken, it’s broken and it doesn’t matter if I win 15, 16 or 17. That’s why it was a completely different situation but it’s fantastic to see how many times Rafa can win Paris, Novak Australia or I Wimbledon. It’s nice that we could win so many slams side by side and it shows how many highlights our tour has.

Q: You’ve said that when you change the surface it’s normal to have muscle pain because muscles are strained differently. What experience have you had here so far after the last days of training?

RF: Funny enough I don’t feel anything significant regarding my body in contrast to how I expected it to be. I’m not sure if the body already experienced the shock after the match against Cilic or Koepfer. The shock is something that I need. If it doesn’t come, it’s not a good sign. It means that I haven’t quite gotten to the limit. But once I’ve reached the limit, I’ve got the muscle pain out of the way which is good and then I can enjoy the ride. I’m curious about how I’ll feel tomorrow. I’ve felt very well in practice so far. I have the feeling that I’ve practiced medium hard and not very hard simply because I wanted to pace myself after Paris. I hoped that I could play on Monday so that I could have a day off afterwards. I don’t know if I’ll play on Wednesday or Thursday, but if I play on Wednesday and win, I’ll have another day off on Thursday. That’s the ideal plan also for the body because it can adapt better. We’ll see how I’ll feel but the only thing I’ve felt so far maybe has to do with age. Sometimes when you get up in the morning in the first 2, 5 minutes, but I think this happens to every player, you feel a bit stiff until you’ve had your first coffee. Afterwards everything is fine. Therefore I’m very happy how my body reacts at this age.

47 minutes ago, Boxy said:

Oprema za W :classic_smile:

E36brLEVoAUljSE?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bolje da su stavili RF logo. Ne znam kako ovoliko godina nisu promenili taj Uniqlo logo, da im niko ne kaže kako očajno izgleda ta crvena etiketa kao prilepljena naknadno.

1 minute ago, Boxy said:

Zato sam i rekla u drugoj temi da uvek treba naci originalni izvor, jer od celog odgovora na prvo pitanje, nasi su preneli: ja ne mislim da su slemovi najbitniji :classic_rolleyes:

Preneli sta je Gatto skraceno preneo...

7 minutes ago, alcesta said:

Bolje da su stavili RF logo. Ne znam kako ovoliko godina nisu promenili taj Uniqlo logo, da im niko ne kaže kako očajno izgleda ta crvena etiketa kao prilepljena naknadno.

Meni smeta sto je uvek crven i sto je ogroman logo, da makar moze da bude neke druge boje, sve bi mnogo bolje izgledalo.