Politics UK

We need more EU workers, admits leading Tory Brexiter

George Eustice, the former environment secretary, is calling for a reciprocal visa scheme so that under-35s can work across the EU and Britain

A leading Tory Brexiter on Sunday calls on ministers to reopen the UK’s borders to tens of thousands of young workers from EU nations in order to tackle acute post-Brexit labour shortages that he says are driving up inflation.

In an extraordinary admission of the failures of immigration policy since the UK left the EU, former Tory environment secretary George Eustice said Rishi Sunak’s government should begin bilateral negotiations with EU nations immediately, with a view to offering young Europeans under 35 the right to two- year visas to work in this country.

A Different Bias

Outside Views - Brexit and other bad ideas

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nov nosac kraljica Elizabeta se pokvario uoci najvecih nato vezbi, trebao je da bude jedan od glavnih brodova na istima:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/02/04/royal-navy-aircraft-carrier-cancels-sailing-propeller-issue/

Kvar izgleda isti ko sto je ranije bilo kod princa od Velsa.

Inace svaki od nosaca ih je kostao 3 milijarde funti, a cini mi se da nemaju para za opremanje princa od Velsa avionima ali je skuplje da ga konzerviraju pa se koristi pre svega za obuku zbog cega ne mogu njega da posalju...

Princ ima avione i operativan je. Trebao je da ide da zameni nosač Ajzenhauer koji tuče Hute trenutno. No piše u tvom tekstu da ide umesto QE na tu vežbu pa možda na kraju i ne ode na bliski istok jer će trebsti da patrolira severnim morem. Pretpostavljam da će QE morati u dok a to znači par meseci out.

• 2 weeks later...

...oko ovoga se vodi polemika da li je sadiq khan napravio gaf ili se pretvarao da je napravio:

Speaking about allegations of antisemitism in the party, Khan said: "As far as I'm concerned that sort of language isn't acceptable. And it certainly isn't acceptable in a party like mine that is proud to be both anti-racist but also antisemitic."

...kasnije se ispravio ali receno je receno.

a komentari su duhoviti

-never a truer word coming from khan

-It wasn't a gaffe, he was telling the truth

-Freudian slip there, Khan? :lol_2:

itd.

• Ha-ha 1