Izvan i iza turnira

wwww

Kakve nogice ima on i Simon mrtva trka cije su tanje :classic_biggrin:

Nesto se setih ovaj tim 8 su potpisali koliko se secam DelPo koji ne moze da se sastavi uopste fizicki, Grigor koji ne moze da se sastavi sa igrom i samo im je Sasha falio taman da naprave kljakavu trojku :classic_sad: 

btw svi su mi simpa ( i sta im je trebalo da potpisuju kod Fekija)

Edited by ciao

In 2010, before he'd officially turned pro, Sock won 9 Futures-level matches & finished the year ranked #878 (he'd started at #698). Because of his USO wildcard, though, he earned $19K despite losing in the first round. (He also got WC into qualifying at Delray & Miami.)

The next year, he moved up 500 ranking spots. Impressive, right? Looking closely, you find that he was essentially elevated from Futures to the Challenger tour by way of wildcards: specifically, he got WC at 8/9 Challengers played. His other events? WC into Delray Q, Miami & USO.

Winning one match at the 2011 US Open earned Sock $31K; a first-round loss in Miami netted him another $7K. The rest of his $49K prize money came from two Futures tournaments & six wins at the aforementioned Challengers, where his biggest paycheck was ~$3K for a QF in Sacramento.

He opened 2012 with his second Futures title (like the first, in 2009, held in Florida), & then returned to Challengers—& wildcards. He received WC at his first 3 CH, followed by WC at San Jose, Memphis, IW, Newport, Atlanta, LA, Cincy Q, and the US Open.

In 2012, Sock won 5 main-draw matches on the ATP tour, all at tournaments where he'd received wildcards. Not least because 2 of them were at the USO, he got his ranking to the point where he got direct entry into Challengers. He won his 1st CH title & earned $149K for the year.

Now 20 and in the ATP top 150, Sock played his first qualifying round at a major in Melbourne (he retired in R1). Then it was nack to the US &—you guessed it!—wildcards: San Jose, Memphis, Delray, IW, & Houston. He did, however qualify for his first major at RG 2013.

In fact, RG 2013 was the first tournament (& the only one that year) he qualified for, rather than being helped into the main draw. He broke into the top 100 after winning a CH title in July, got direct entry into ATP 250s (WCs into DC & Cincy), & doubled his 2012 prize money.

Though I could go on, I won't. My point, ultimately, isn't about Jack Sock but about the immense advantage players from slam nations have—and especially those from the US, which hosts many smaller tournaments in addition to 3 Masters.

American players have access to great training facilities as juniors, financial support from the USTA, more exposure to sponsors (& their $), and, not least, wildcards galore. Until you make the top 50, pro tennis is not an even playing field—it's not even close. /end rant

PS: when you see a young player from a small &/or relatively poor country break into the top 200, then 100, then 50 or higher, know that he/she likely got there largely on his/her own. It's incredibly impressive. Also: put more money into the entry levels of pro tennis.

• Like 2

Dimitrov on his shoulder (after his Rd 1 win over Seppi):

“It was driving me crazy (pain started in November/December), and I still have a little pain here but it’s more or less healthy now. I feel a lot of upside.”

Also talked about having to make some racquet adjustments to ease the pain.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/the-atp-is-pretty-corrupt-anyway-kyrgios-lashes-tennis-body-after-massive-fine-20190828-p52lp9.html

'The ATP is pretty corrupt anyway': Kyrgios lashes tennis body after massive fine

https://twitter.com/MattRacquet/status/1166686231566192642

Kyrgios: The ATP is pretty *corrupt* anyway, I’m not fussed about it (the fine) at all.”

And then this, refusing to take responsibility (again) by trotting out a very obvious false equivalence.

Good lord this makes the ATP look weak.

spacer.png

Edited by wwww

Juce se ozenio Luka Puij sa Klemens sa kojom je vec poodavno. Svadbi je prisustvovao Vavrinka

https://www.purepeople.com/article/lucas-pouille-marie-il-a-epouse-clemence-en-presence-de-stan-wawrinka_a351071/1

Posle svadbe su seli u avion i otisli u Dubai koji je za njih stalno mesto boravista - neko u Monako a neko (ako si naprimer francuz) Dubai 

Edited by ciao

Ali su isto tako francuski teniseri, uspesni i manje uspesni reprezentativci i neizabrani ikad od malih nogu pa do penzije takoreci stalno finansirani i dooobro potpomognuti od strane francuske drzave - jedino sto se od njih trazi je da igraju pod francuskom zastavom a sanja se o tome da osvoje nesto bilo sta 😉

Edited by ciao

Slazem se a oni i igraju uredno jer im za to igranje u repki dodatno placaju pozamasno

Vrlo cudno sto se ne pojavi neko da bude bar solidno u top deset ne racunajuci dubl (daj sta das😉), Luka vec posustao nazalost imam utisak, medju zenskima slicna situacija ...

Jel ti vidis nekom neku svetlu buducnost ili bar nadu u ?