F1 testiranje 2020

Radoye

Gotovo za danas, Botas ispred Hamiltona i Okona, najvise krugova pojedinacno izvezao je Djovinaci u Alfa Romeu 152, 138 su ukupno izvezli Mercedesovci u ovogodisnjem bolidu a 188 ovi u proslogodisnjem ruzicastom Mercedesu.

@Hertzog - ne bih ja to za sada uzimao za ozbiljno, prosle godine je Ferari zario i palio na testiranjima pa smo videli kako se to zavrsilo. Mnogi izvori tvrde da Ferari testira natankovan do cepa, ne bih se cudio da dok stignemo u Melburn magarence odjednom zivne ko da su mu ljute paprike gurnuli pod rep. 😉

So what do we think we learned in the first three-day test in Barcelona? The Jonahs in the Formula 1 paddock will no doubt be tolling their bells are saying that the sport is doomed to another year of Mercedes domination. But is it? Was Mercedes simply flexing its muscles a little to try to dishearten the opposition? And was the opposition disheartened at the end of the test?

Ferrari was talking things down – a good PR strategy – but the drivers did not seem to be too disheartened. Mercedes seems to think that Ferrari has been deliberately playing down its potential, running only in very conservative engine modes. And does anyone really believe that Ferrari has somehow lost 2.42s in comparison to the Mercedes? Come to that, is that anyone who believes that red Bull is 1.7s off the pace as well? No, the teams are not trying as hard as they might. They have better things to do…

Mattia Binotto gave a gloomy picture when speaking to the press, saying that he didn’t think Ferrari would be on the pace in Melbourne.

So what can we really conclude from the testing?

Well, the cars were astonishingly reliable, although a few teams hit trouble on the third day as they pushed things harder. The 10 teams recorded a total of 3,940 laps, which is just short of 11,400 miles of running, or around 57 race distances, not far short of a race distance a day on average. And remember these cars are completely new…

Lewis Hamilton did the most number of laps (273) but Max Verstappen was not far behind with 254, followed by Carlos Sainz (237). Eight of the 21 drivers did more than 200 laps., with the lowest total (apart from the one day appearance from Robert Kubica) being Raikkonen’s 134 laps. But Kimi was third quickest overall, albeit as the only drivers other than the Mercedes duo to use the softest available rubber.

The fastest runner on the less quick C4 tyres was Renault’s Esteban Ocon, who was almost as quick as Raikkonen, but Kimi was 1.37s off Bottas’s quickest lap. Ocon was two-tenths faster than the so-called “Pink Mercedes” of Lance Stroll (Racing Point), but the car was clearly quicker than the lap time suggests, as Sergio Perez all but matched his team-mate but running on the harder C3 tyres.

The Red Bulls were ninth and 13th overall but Verstappen used only medium C3s and Alex Albon ran only hard C2s. The fact that Perez was the fastest overall on C3s (quicker than Max) was interesting, but not necessarily a key indicator. That is the way it is in F1 testing. Next week we will have another three days of running. Red Bull is expected to arrive with an upgrade package for its new car. Will Ferrari do better?

We will see…

Juce najbrzi bio Kubica u Alfi ispred Maksa u ovogodisnjem RBR i Ceka u proslogodisnjem Mercedesu, a za njima dvojac Kvjat - Gasli u proslogodisnjem RBR.

Pojedinacno najvise krugova izvezao je Grozan u proslogodisnjem Ferariju, a kao tim Mercedes (ovogodisnji).

Danas trenutno Fetel na celu a prate ga Strol i Latifi.

Ovo znači da bi Mercedes verovatno mogao da ide ispod 1:15 na mekim i da ćemo mi iz sredine tabele opet da se mažemo istim govnima kao i prošle godine - 1.5s zaostatka u odnosu na Mercedes i oko sekunde i nešto jače u odnosu na RB. Pink Mercedes sa 3-4 desetinke ili 0.5s vodeći u B šampionatu

• Like 1

...I thought I’d take an educated guess at the final constructors’ championship order at the end of this season, based on what we’ve seen in Barcelona, and also what we’ve heard. So, here goes:

1. Mercedes
2. Red Bull
3. Ferrari
4. McLaren
5. Racing Point
6. Renault
7. AlphaTauri
8. Haas
9. Alfa Romeo
10. Williams

You don’t need to screenshot that one, it’s going to be preserved in the RACER archives forever so you’ll be able to tell me how wrong I was come the end of November.

https://racer.com/2020/02/29/analysis-picking-the-pecking-order-after-f1-pre-season-testing/

Ferrari has cancelled its plans to test Pirelli’s prototype 18-inch tyres for the 2021 F1 season on Thursday.

The team was due to conduct the test, its second on the new rubber, at its Fiorano test track.

“Because of company restriction policies adopted by both Ferrari and Pirelli following the worldwide Coronavirus outbreak, the scheduled 18-inch 2021 wet tyre test at Fiorano on March 5th has to be postponed,” said a statement from the team. “The test will be rescheduled at Fiorano at the earliest opportunity.”

• 3 months later...