Williams 2020

Radoye

7 hours ago, Radoye said:

Jbg smena garde - Briatore (doduse taj se sam upuc'o u nogu), Montecemolo, Denis, sada i Vilijamsovi kao poslednji predstavnici "starog kova" a umesto njih sad imamo Totoa, Hornera i njima slicne.

Jean Todt, Peter Sauber, Ross Brawn, Eddie Jordan... 

Colin Chapman, Ken Tyrell, Jack Brabham, Guy Ligier...

29 minutes ago, MetalHead said:

Jean Todt, Peter Sauber, Ross Brawn, Eddie Jordan... 

Colin Chapman, Ken Tyrell, Jack Brabham, Guy Ligier...

I mnogi drugi uz i pre njih. Ron Denis i Ser Frenk su poslednji predstavnici te skole, 1/1 trkaci koji su krenuli od masne krpe i stvorili imperije. Umesto njih sada imamo cinizam bezlicnih korporacija.

• Like 2

Williams Racing had announced that Simon Roberts will be Acting Team Principal during the transition that follows Claire Williams stepping down. Roberts joined the team as managing director of Formula 1 earlier this year.

Simon is a very capable individual who has been involved in F1 for 17 years, after 10 years working in the car industry. He was McLaren's Operations Director and General Manager, although he spent a year as chief executive with Force India, on loan from McLaren when the Silverstone team was a McLaren customer. He returned to McLaren and became COO in 2017.

The fact that Simon is there is an "acting" role suggests that the new owners have someone else in mind in the longer term...

It was the departure of Williams' title sponsor this year that prompted the sale of the team.

That is the admission of Claire Williams, the daughter of founder Sir Frank Williams, as they both depart Formula 1 following the sale to Dorilton Capital.

"I had my chance and I've run out of energy," Claire told the Telegraph.

"I wish for the new owners someone who still has the strength to put everything into it. That's no longer me."

Williams' title sponsor, the British telcom Rokit, pulled out of the deal in May amid the corona crisis.

Claire Williams said that was the final nail in the coffin.

"We had exhausted every possible source," she said. "I thought things would really get better this year. We managed to get a new title sponsor who promised us the world.

"When that fell apart and the coronavirus struck, that was the end of the story. There was no way to recover from that," Williams added. "If those two things hadn't happened, we would have made it."

Williams, 44, said she is now looking forward to life outside of Formula 1 with her young family.

"This sport demands a lot from you," she admitted. "I want to rebuild myself after this difficult time and find out who I am outside Formula 1.

"I have always been Frank Williams' daughter. Now I just want to become my own person - see if I like that."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

George Russell has sent an internal letter apologising to his Williams team after crashing out of the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix behind the Safety Car.

He was running in 10th place at the time, on course for both the first points finish of his 34-race career, and Williams’ first of the season.

The letter, seen by RaceFans, is addressed to the team and was sent to all members of staff. In it, Russell offered his “sincere apologies” for the mistake, taking full responsibility for it and describing how he had struggled to deal with the disappointment in the 48 hours since the race.

“There was one reason and one reason only why we were in a points scoring opportunity this weekend,” Russell told his team. “That was because every single one of you are giving 100% and pushing this race car to its limit, week in week out.”

He admitted they might have “come away with a result” had he been more cautious during the Safety Car period, when he crashed on the approach to Acqua Minerale. “I wish more than anything that I had kept it out of the wall and brought home a point or two,” he said.

However Russell insisted the crash will not change his approach to racing. “We’re racers, we’re not here to play it safe,” he wrote. “We go racing to push the boundaries. It will result in massive disappointment here and there, but the second we lift the foot off the throttle and start operating at 95%, we may as well stay home.”

RaceFans understands Russell’s gesture was well-received within the team, which in the two years to date has scored just one point finish. That came courtesy of Robert Kubica’s 10th place in a rain-affected race at Hockenheim last year.

Russell acknowledged the team’s ongoing struggles as they recover from their 2019 low. “We all know that we have a car that needs to be pushed to the edge, and sometimes beyond, to fight for points at the moment,” he said. “I can feel that we’re getting there, slowly but surely.

“No doubt when it comes, it won’t stop and we’ll be on a roll. The future is bright for the team.”

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Drz' se matori! 😮

The Williams family have confirmed that Sir Frank Williams has been admitted to hospital. The 78-year-old is in a ‘stable’ condition.

Williams parted ways with the team he founded following its sale to Dorilton Capital earlier this year. The team issued a short statement from the Williams family.

“Sir Frank Williams has recently been admitted to hospital where he is currently in a stable condition,” it said. “Frank’s medical condition is a private matter and therefore the family will not be releasing any further details at this time.”

“We ask for you to respect the family’s privacy.”

Williams suffered paralysis in a road car accident in 1986 and has used a wheelchair since. He was hospitalised in 2016 to recover from pneumonia, following which he made a return to attending grands prix in person.

Williams have appointed German Jost Capito as their new chief executive officer from February 2021.

A widely respected and experienced motorsport manager, the 62-year-old’s most recent position in Formula 1 was as CEO of McLaren Racing.

Capito has previously led motorsport programmes for Porsche, Ford and VW.

Williams also confirmed Simon Roberts' appointment as team principal.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/55349977