Red Bull 2019

Doorn

• 2 weeks later...

Opa!

Deran je veliki talenat, aktuelni sampion Indi Lajt serije koji je trebalo da vozi zajedno sa malim Hertom za Harding-Stajnbrener tim u Indikaru ali su mu u poslednjem momentu otkazali; dobio je ugovor samo za delimicnu sezonu sa Karlinom ali vec u ovih par startova i prakticno bez ikakvog testiranja je pokazao bolje rezultate od ostalih vozaca Karlina. Deluje da bi momak bio sasvim solidna alternativa za slucaj da Gasli popije pedalu...

IndyCar driver Patricio O'Ward admits he is now targeting a move “straight into Formula 1” following his induction into the Red Bull junior programme.

O'Ward, who is currently contesting a part-time IndyCar schedule with Carlin after triumphing in feeder category Indy Lights in 2018, was announced as the latest addition to the Red Bull Junior Team on Thursday.

The 20-year-old has been a regular on the American single-seater racing scene since 2015 but, speaking exclusively to Motorsport.com, O'Ward confirmed he believes an opportunity in grand prix racing could be on the cards.

“Things moved pretty fast,” O'Ward said. “There might be a [F1] chance soon. I'm very proud of what I've managed, but I also want to thank Trevor Carlin because he opened the door to IndyCar for me, and that opened the door to F1.

“It's something very big, but I'm ready, I have faith in what I can do. We know that if I get the results, I have what it takes to reach F1; arrive and succeed. The idea is to go straight into F1.”

Despite having made just four IndyCar starts so far, O'Ward has already managed to impress in the United States' premier open-wheel category, beginning with his ninth-place finish on his debut in the Sonoma finale last year.

O'Ward says his IndyCar efforts were what led to him being contacted by Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko, who is in charge of the company's junior programme.

“Everything happened because of Helmut Marko's interest. He called me mid-April, he wanted to know me. I met him, he asked me several questions, he wanted to sign me. They sent me a contract and basically they hired me.

"This is something big, and for now after the Indy 500 I only have road races in IndyCar, so we have to see what options come up from F1.

"It was a chance too big to miss, to be able to move to F1. The difference is that often the window to enter F1 is not as big as it is with IndyCar.

“Now the doors [to F1] are open, I want to focus on having good races and, in the future, be able to return to IndyCar [after a stint in F1]. You never know what's going to happen.”

• Like 1

Nešto razmišljam, imamo F1, Gaslija i F1.5. Obzirom da je on usamljen na tom šestom mestu, mislim da će biti vozač sa najviše najbržih krugova ove sezone jer će na skoro svakoj trci imati taj free pit stop pred kraj. Imao bi i u Bakuu da mu nije otkazao bolid. 

Christian Horner has admitted that Red Bull has taken a slight step backwards compared to 2018.

The team switched from customer Renault power to a works Honda collaboration for 2019, and Red Bull officials say they are delighted with the move.

But Horner admitted: "We are not as competitive as we were at the end of last season for a number of reasons."

One of those reasons, he told Speed Week, is the "stiffer" Pirelli tyres, adding: "The combination of that and the new aerodynamic concept did not help us.

"Changing the front wing concept is a difficult business and we need some time to be faster. But we are on the right track," Horner said.

"It's always about evolution in Formula 1. We are steadily gaining ground on the chassis side, Honda is making progress with the engine, and reliability is very good compared to previous years.

"But our opponents are not resting either," he added. "Ferrari had a new engine in Spain, Renault too, and Mercedes will do it in Canada.

"We have no influence on what they do, but we are satisfied with our own programme," said Horner.

• 1 month later...

Doornbos je analiticar na Ziggo TV za vrijeme GP vikenda. Covjek je u pocetku bio ok za slusanje da bi sad vec poceo da lupeta i to zesce.

Aj sto lupeta nego sto se ubacuje u rijec dok neki gosti govore kao Van Der Garde. 

Evo sad je rekao koliko on poznaje Helmuta Marka, Gasly nece docekati ovo ljeto u RB. 

Meni je ovo interesantnije:

How Honda is using jet engine tech in Formula 1 engine upgrades

There were more driver rumours, primarily regarding Pierre Gasly being replaced, although Red Bull’s Helmut Marko said that this was not going to happen. The rumour mill says that Gasly will be replaced (probably next year) by Nico Hulkenberg, while the German’s place at Renault would go to Esteban Ocon. There were also rumours suggesting that Hulkenberg has signed for Porsche in Formula E, although these didn’t sound very likely for a number of reasons, not least that Porsche already has two drivers in Brendon Hartley and Neel Jani. If Gasly doesn’t get up to speed quickly, Red Bull does have a problem because Daniil Kvyat has already been at Red Bull and was dropped, while Alexander Albon is still a little too new to jump into a top team and it would be a risky move for all concerned. Red Bull has been trying to boost its beleaguered Junior Team but Dan Ticktum has been having a very disappointing time in Super Formula in Japan, having scored just one point in three of the seven races. Red Bull is bringing Mexican IndyCar driver Pato O'Ward over to race in Formula 2 this weekend in Austria, replacing the banned Indian driver Mahaveer Raghunathan, otherwise known as “Ragamuffin, who has not impressed thus far, being well off the pace and having picked up so many penalty points for infringements that he is suspended.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/joesaward/id/00525

61044ese27831.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

Meni je i dalje ovo surealno, elem. Bravo Honda! Bravo!

Dokazali ste da može, dokazali ste da uz top ekipu u budućnosti se itekako može boriti za pobede/podijume.

Nemam ništa protiv Meklarena, oni su jednostavno žrtve obnavljanja koje traje od 2013. na vamo. Meklaren je učinio dobru stvar, doneo Hondu i Alonsa no uz veliko obnavljanje rezultati ne dolaze preko noći...

Elem. Čestitke Red Bulu i Hondi. Ovo će ostati kao najsvetlija tačka u turbo/hibrid eri. Maks je ispisao istoriju (ponovo) pošto je postao prvi vozač u novoj eri koji je pobedio s dva različita dobavljača (Reno i Honda).

Koliko god mi idu na živce sam RB i Maks, toliko sam radostan na oboje što prkose Mečki i Ferariju.

Neprijatelj mog neprijatelja je moj prijatelj!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Iako su u timu tvrdili da je Gasly siguran do kraja sezone, ispostavilo se da nije. Vraca se u Toro Rosso. A ono sto je mozda jos vise iznenadjujuce je to da ga ne menja Kvyat, vec Albon. Vec od Belgije, on je u RBu.

Edited by Xpert