Renault 2020

alpiner

Renault CEO Luca de Meo was at Monza to tell a small group of us that in 2021 the Renault F1 team will be rebranded as Alpine, with Renault once again being relegated as a brand to the role of engine supplier. Next years the cars will be Alpine-Renaults and I trust they will have an A designation.

“I am a car guy,” de Meo said. “Nostalgia is OK, but I think we need to look at the future. So we need to think in a different way, and use Alpine to build the future. Even if Renault is a glorious brand, I think that the fit within the Formula 1 world of Alpine is even better. I am a big believer that Formula 1 should be a championship of constructors with brands that make people dream, with the connection possibly between racing on Sunday and selling on Monday.

And he wants Alpine to be seen as French, not a global brand… and so the cars next year will run in French racing blue. From the side they will look like the French tricolore flag…

Po meni pogrešan potez obzirom da Alpine nikad nije bila, a pogotovo sada nije, previše konkurentna na tržištu sportskih automobila. U dosadašnjoj istoriji imali su ukupno 6 cestovnih modela, a aktuelni A110 prodat je u malo više od 7.000 komada. Da je neki hiperautomobil cijene milion eura pa hajde, ali ne znam kako će ih angažman u F1 podići čak i ako dođu novi modeli.

S druge strane, Renault je uvijek imao imidž velikoserijskog proizvođača s fabričkim timom u F1. Prvi su tako ušli (uprkos onom mrljanju Alfe '70-ih koja je tada bila u rangu BMW-a), dugo bili jedini (došli su i brzo se pokupili Honda, Toyota i BMW ako ga svrstamo tamo) i sada su jedini tamo. Čak i da drže začelje u F1 uvijek se mogu pohvaliti da imaju cojones da se tuku s Ferrarijem i AMG-Mercedesom i to na "njihovom terenu" (Ferrarijevom i Mercedesovom) gdje treba najsofisticiranija tehnika.  

Edited by Chico Serra
  • Like 1

Cela filozofija zarade u Rendži se menja. Posle Ghosna koji je od grupe napravio najvećeg proizvođača automobila u jednom momentu, idu na smanjenje prodaje , ali se ide na skuplje modele. 

Ideja je da se od Alpine napravi premium brend Renaulta. Odnosno Alpine neće proizvoditi samo sportske automobile. 

Sledeće godine smo i na Le Mansu u LMP1

Edited by alpiner

• 4 weeks later...

Moj novi heroj...

Rendža nema puno novih delova na autu, ali od Silverstona su provalili alternativno setapovanje koje ih je odvelo na pravi put. Sve je smislio Rićijev inženjer Karel Loos. Belgijanac, Enstonov kadar...

Hvala momčino!!!

spacer.png

• Like 4

Renault boss: Alpine could become a 'mini-Ferrari'

Renault’s Alpine division has dodged a bullet. Early this year there was speculation it would be shut. Now Renault boss Luca de Meo tells us it will spawn new variants of the A110, perhaps including an EV. Plus there will be Alpine versions of other Renaults. The renaming of Renault’s Formula One team as Alpine shows how the plan is serious.

Alpine’s future was looking distinctly shaky because however wonderful the A110 is as a car, it hasn’t been selling in big enough numbers to keep the Dieppe factory busy. Meanwhile Renault itself was in huge trouble. It couldn’t sell enough profitable medium and large cars, and factories were under used. And then Covid slammed it.

De Meo arrived into this crisis on 1 July. He looked around the entire company. One thing that struck him was the fractured sporting strategy. “We had three entities. A Formula One team. And RenaultSport, who didn’t have a precise role and were like a tribe of freaks, but very very competent. And Alpine with a half empty plant because the A110 had had a strong start but a quick fall in sales as all sports cars do.

“In a company with financial issues there was pressure to close Alpine,” de Meo says. “But I saw the possibility to combine those three things to create a mini-Ferrari if you’ll allow me the expression.”

So the A110 won’t die. “The A110 has a future. We need to manage the lifecycle like the Porsche 911.” That means lots of variants, introduced year by year to keep up the interest. “Maybe an electric version if there’s a business case, maybe with a partner.”

He goes back to his strategy at Seat. “Like I did at Cupra, we could partner Alpine with other Renault models.” Which sounds like effective replacements for the RenaultSport Clio and Megane. He shrugs and stresses a Kangoo Alpine isn’t on the agenda.

“Alpine is a brand with heritage. But we have to stop all this nostalgia and look to the future. Make the EV experience emotional. We have ideas.”

In the past he ran the Fiat brand, and was director of marketing at Audi. “I had Abarth and Audi Sport, but I never had this: a Formula One team, a plant like Dieppe, the brilliant engineering of RenaultSport.”

Distribution has been another hurdle for Alpine. “At first only 70 dealers out of 11,000 Renault dealers were allowed to sell it. I want to open it up.” But he’s not unrealistic in the face of rival companies. “It’s not easy. We’re not alone on the planet.”

The target is to break even in 3-4 years, for the whole of this new Alpine division including the F1 team operating under cheaper rules. He says his task was to bring confidence to Renault, a company where he reckons there’s a lot of talent. “We were just on the podium for the first race in 10 years. A little self-belief can change everything.”

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/renault-boss-alpine-could-become-mini-ferrari

Tjah, ako ce od Alpina da prave poseban brend sa cisto sportskim pedigreom (sto je OK i pozdravljam) onda bi za ove sportske varijante obicnih automobila bilo bolje da ne mesaju Alpinovo ime. Mozda bi bolje bilo da vaskrsnu ime Gordini za tako nesto pa da to bude za Reno ono sto je Fiatu Abart, a Alpin neka bude Ferari.

Ne može Rendža da gura brend sportskih automobila, ali sigurno može vrhunski sređenih Megana ili Clia. Ta Alpinina fabrika u Dieppeu je to i do sada radila samo su se modeli zvali Renault Sport. I onaj čuveni Clio V6 je odatle.

Postojali su Gordini modeli pre 10-ak godina i to je bilo nešto između Sporta i standardnih skupljih modela. Nije baš prošlo na tržištu

Meni sve ovo što radi de Meo jako ima smisla. Iz te fabrike izlaze samo vrhunski automobili i treba videti kako je zaposliti što više. Nova A110-ka je fenomenalan automobil u samom vrhu svoje klase, znači imaju znanje i imaju pedigre koji može lepo da se eksploatiše. Alpina je bila evropski prvak u reliju, F2, F3, enduransu..prvi prvaci sveta u reliju, pobede na LM-u.. sada je tu i F1, rekorderi Ringa u klasi..

Možda je to poređenje sa Ferrariem nespretno, mnogo bolje objašnjenje bi bilo ono što Mercedes radi sa AMG-om. Pored sportskih   i standardni modeli iz kojih se izvlači maximum. 

Edited by alpiner