Novak Djokovic

wwww

16 hours ago, Darko said:

Zanimljivo je da Australija nema limit što se tiče mandata. Na primer, John Howard je bio Prime Minister 11 godina.

A pa Srbija ima, ali ko da nema, jedan drma i kao premijer i kao predsjednik, ovlaštenja i ingerencije se prenose po potrebi...

Nego i Rothenberg je čestitao rođendan Novaku na srpskom:krstipd4:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Helena said:

A pa Srbija ima, ali ko da nema, jedan drma i kao premijer i kao predsjednik, ovlaštenja i ingerencije se prenose po potrebi...

Nego i Rothenberg je čestitao rođendan Novaku na srpskom:krstipd4:

Nema ni Srbija, ima samo ogranicenje za predsednika.

59 minutes ago, Helena said:

Što je najgore ovo čak nije ni specijalitet SNS-a, istoo je radio Tadić...

Tadic nije bio 2 puna mandata, regularno smenjen na izborima, sve ostalo na stranu, ali ne moze u istu recenicu sa ovima.

Ps. Prebacite na svastaru postove, dok ne nastane haos sto se zloupotrebljava tema :default_sofa:

• Like 1

"I have spoken yesterday to the ATP president, they are still trying to talk (with Wimbledon). I feel that it is crucial for players to come together. Not every player is in support of this decision..."

"... I have heard that there are 30 players, maybe even more, who are planning to do something and communicate with the ATP. A lot of players did not seem to like the decision, but the structure in tennis is like that - I know..."

"... I have been a part of the Council for ten years, I have been the president…. A member of the Council can justify his decision by saying: You chose me, don’t complain now because I am making decisions the way I feel it’s right..."

.I don’t think this system works for the players, that is why the @ptpaplayers was found. I really believe that PTPA will get stronger with time, even though now nobody recognizes us, we are not given any credibility, nobody wants us in this ecosystem...

"...We have no role in the negotiations, the only thing we can do is to put out statements, like we did on several big topics. But the fact is that others don’t want to speak to us despite PTPA membership being a few hundred players, both male and female..."

"... It’s a process to unite the players, that is why I support these kinds of decisions, but again, not every player does. It is an individual sport, there is always going to be a difference of opinion..."

"... I feel that the ATP could have found some middle ground as well. They could have stripped the points for this year, like they did, but they could have frozen the points from last year, just like it was the case during the pandemics..."

. This way, it is very unfair towards me and other players who have done well last year at Wimbledon. Personally, my points are fading away, 4.000 points lost because of politics."

Strong statement from Djokovic about the points cancellation. "I'm glad that the players got together with ATP and the governing bodies. It shows to the Grand Slams that when there is a mistake - there was from Wimbledon side - that there will be consequences."

"I've always supported the players unification. That's up to Wimbledon, the LTA to take decisions but I've discovered a few days ago that there were recommandations from the UK government to the All England club..."

there were several options on the table and they haven't discussed it with anybody from the ATP or any individual player."

"For that matter, Russian and Belarussian players coult communicate, see if there were a common ground where both sides could male compromises and something could work out."

"There has to be some standards, criterias and mutual respect. It's hard to say what is right, what is wrong. This is one of these situations where one will suffer more. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.eurosport.com/tennis/roland-garros/2022/novak-djokovic-criticises-wimbledon-for-wrong-decision-over-russian-and-belarusian-player-ban_sto8938885/story.shtml

NOVAK DJOKOVIC CRITICISES WIMBLEDON FOR 'WRONG DECISION' OVER RUSSIAN AND BELARUSIAN PLAYER BAN

Novak Djokovic will be defending champion at Wimbledon this summer, but he will not have the chance to retain his 2,000 ranking points at the tournament. The ATP and WTA tours stripped ranking points from Wimbledon after Russian and Belarusian players were banned from playing following Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Djokovic says a lack of communication from Wimbledon to players didn't help.

BY

JAMES WALKER-ROBERTS

UPDATED 24/05/2022 AT 01:03 GMT+2

Novak Djokovic has criticised Wimbledon for making the “wrong decision” in banning Russian and Belarusian players – and says there were other options available.

Wimbledon went against most other tennis tournaments by deciding to ban players from Russia and Belarus player following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

In a statement, Wimbledon said they had "no viable alternative within the framework of the UK government's position".

The decision has led to the ATP and WTA tours stripping Wimbledon of ranking points.

That means Djokovic will also not have the chance to retain 2,000 points as defending champion.

Asked about Wimbledon’s decision after his first-round win over Yoshihito Nishioka at the French Open, Djokovic said: “On a personal level without getting a chance to play and defend my 4,000 points I'm going to drop this year [from] Australia and Wimbledon… I have been very negatively affected by that.

“But I have been speaking with management and the president of ATP and some of the council members actually in the last few days. I think collectively I'm glad that players got together with ATP, the governing body of the men's tennis, and showed to the Grand Slam that when there is a mistake happening, and there was from the Wimbledon side, then we have to show that there is going to be some consequences.

Henman surprised by 'pumped-up' Djokovic

McEnroe challenges Henman over Wimbledon ban

“So I support the players, unification always. I have always done that. I will always do that. Of course it's up to Wimbledon or LTA [Lawn Tennis Association], whoever was making that decision to make that decision.

“But I didn't know, for example, a few days ago I found out that there was a document of recommendation from the English government towards the All England Club and where they had several options. There was not only one on the table. They haven't discussed it with anybody from ATP or any individual players or for that matter Russian or Belarusian players to just communicate and understand whether there is a common ground where both sides could be making a compromise and something could work out. So I think it was a wrong decision.”

The move by Wimbledon means the likes of Daniil Medvedev, Andrey Rublev and Aryna Sabalenka will not play the third Grand Slam of the year.

Djokovic says it is a “very unique and weird situation” that was made worse by was a lack of “communication” by Wimbledon.

“It's a super sensitive subject, and anything that you decide, it's unfortunately going to create a lot of conflict, a lot of separation instead of unification.

“I think that they could have taken into consideration -- for example I heard there was some recommendations coming also from WTA and ATP that possibly men's and women's players from Belarus, Ukraine, and Russia could play together some exhibition event during the Slam or something like this or somebody could play mixed doubles and prize money could go to the victims in Ukraine, and stuff like this. There was different ideas, but there was never really, unfortunately, a strong communication coming from Wimbledon. That's why I think it's just wrong.

“Whether there was, and there is, a better solution than just taking away the points and not allowing players to earn points or defend points, because they have two groups of players that are [not] going to - everyone is affected. So for me or for the guys that did well last year, we are not only not going to have chance to earn points but we can't defend them. There are some guys that obviously are not going to have a chance to earn points. Of course it's a very unique and weird situation, I must say.”

Four-time Grand Slam champion Naomi Osaka has said she may not play Wimbledon as it will feel like an “exhibition” event without ranking points.

However, Djokovic suggested that he still plans to defend his title.

“Of course a Grand Slam is still Grand Slam. Wimbledon for me was always my dream tournament when I was a child. I don't look at it through the lens of points or prize money. For me, it's something else. But again, there has to be some standards or criteria, some respect, mutual respect, I think.

“I think maybe there is always going to be some groups of players that are going to be affected more negatively, and they are going to complain more. It's hard, really. It's hard to say what is right, what is wrong. This is one of these kind of decisions and situations where is always going to be someone that will suffer more. It's kind of, I would say, lose-lose situation for everyone.”

Ozmo na srpskom:

https://sportklub.rs/tenis/grand-slam/roland-garros/novak-vimbldon-je-mogao-i-drugacije-da-postupi/

Edited by wwww
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Милица said:

Dobro je ikako igrao sinoc dok su mu se sve ove misli rojile po glavi :classic_mellow:Tolika nepravda nicim izazvana, a sa druge strane nemoc da joj se suprotstavis.

Treba sto manje da razmislja o usranom prvom mestu i o nepravdi. Njemu bi  trebalo da budu prioritet GS, pa i mastersi ( da odmakne Coveku koji zivi sa povredama ). Cak i ovaj grbavi bez bodova 🙂 Mada ce se situacija mozda i razresiti kompromisom

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, berti said:

Napaljen je maksimalno i mnogo zeli ovaj trofej, kao i mi. Naravno, ne bas svi.

Po sinoćnjem meču moglo se naslutiti da mu je baš stalo iz više razloga.

Standardnim bih dodala i da mu je osvajanje RG po svemu sudeći jedini prozor da se plasira na Završni Masters sezone,. Zamisli da ne učestvuje na istom, gde ima 13 učešča, odgovaraju mu dvoranski uslovi i na kojem je u krajnjoj liniji imao puno uspeha.

Ja stvarno ni ne znam kako završni masters može biti regularan s ovakvim skupljanjem poena za učešće, ajde ovaj turnir ćemo da računamo a ovaj nećemo koji bi nosio tričavi maksimum od 2000 bodova... Ali još se nadam da će tu nešto da se promeni. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ciao said:

Evo Novak gostovao u studiju, bas su se lepo napricali, Novak sve na francuskom - dosta gresi ali svejedno sve je rekao sto je hteo da kaze, bez ikakvih kompleksa prica koliko vidim :thumbsup:

Bilo je par tema : Ljodra ga je pitao da li bi u slucaju QF protiv Rafe (koji naravno svi ocekuju) vise voleo da igraju u dnevnom terminu ili u vecernjem - Novak je rekao da je to ustvari jedno vrlo bitno pitanje ali da nece da kaze sta bi vise voleo samo ce da kaze da je vec dobio zvanicno pitanje na tu temu od strane organizatora i da zna da je on odgovorio jedno a Rafa drugo

Muratoglu i Enan su ga malo ispitivali tj komentarisali njegovu ishranu, kako beskonacno pazi sta jede i koliko, Muratoglu (on i Novak se gledaju potpuno zaljubljeno obostrano btw :classic_smile:) je rekao kako je Novak za njega najveci moguci profesionalac ikad zbog toga sto pazi na apsolutno sve i ispricao kako su bili zajedno na rucku gde je Novak narucio salatu ali je dao instrukcije - koliko grama sargarepe a koliko ... itd . Novak je rekao kako on obozava kad dodje da trenira u Muratoglu akademiju sto zna izmedju ostalog da ga tamo uvek cekaju cinije sa vocem koje on voli itd i uopste sto se toliko trude  da mu sve ucine

Najduza tema je bila kako je podneo Australiju i period posle - otvorio se Novak poprilicno i rekao da je ustvari podneo mnogo teze nego sto je mislio i da mu je trebalo bas dosta vremena da to prevazidje - jedna od najtezih stvari naprimer je bilo to sto je gledao tv tamo i shvatio koliko ga mrze, kaze to ga je sokiralo. ispricao je jos kako je bio poceo tj nastavio da trenira na betonu jer se nadao dugo da ce ipak moci da igra IW i Maiami i da mu je to bio dodatno sok kada se ispostavilo da ne moze, tek onda je poceo sljaku da trenira ali da mu je bilo jako tesko; kaze da je sada prevazisao dosta toga, sad je happy sto moze da igra sljaku i W ali da ga muci to sto vrlo moguce ponovo nece moci u USA ...

Nisu ga uopste pitali o ukrajini i poenima na W

Interesting interview with @DjokerNole today. An excerpt from his point of view on what he experienced in Australia. Important to highlight the courage and resilience he showed during and after this event

• Like 1