Novak Djokovic

wwww

Što se tiče nedelja sledeće godine, tu je ključ USO ove godine, jer tu ima samo 180 poena. Na tom turniru može puno odlepiti od ostalih rivala i zacementirati prvo mesto. 

Novak nema bukvalno ništa u Majamiju i Indijen Velsu. Kapiram da će na šljaci opet pristojan na šljaci sa nekim finalom ili možda i osvojenim mastersom.

Situacija je takva da mu od USO najviše zavisi da li će zabetonirati 375+ nedelja.

Sa WB kako se kod okrene, ostaje mu obećanih 1000 poena, ako osvoji, fantastično će biti.

Kad se raspravlja o listi, uzmite u obzir da ce sada morati da se opet rade neke korekcije jer ce Azija gotovo sigurno biti otkazana, Bazel je takodje otkazan. Pitaj boga kako ce se to bodovati. Najvaznije je da je pregurao 310, a svaka nova ekstra nedelja je cist bonus.

• Like 5

Djokovic On Grand Slam Titles Quest: 'I'm Not Chasing, I'm Making My Own Path'

Novak Djokovic insists he “isn’t chasing anybody” in his quest for a 20th Grand Slam trophy this week at The Championships, Wimbledon.

Speaking after his 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 quarter-final victory over Hungary’s Marton Fucsovics on Wednesday, the Serbian is now two match wins away from equalling the majors tally of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

“I'm not chasing anybody,” said Djokovic, who has lost just one set in five matches over the past 10 days at the All England Club. “I'm making my own path and my own journey, my own history. I'm privileged to be part of history of this sport that I love. :heart:

“I know about a lot of stats. I don't know about all of them. But they do motivate me even more to play my best tennis at the events that count the most in our sport.”

You May Also Like: Djokovic Records 100th Grass-Court Match Win, Reaches Wimbledon Semi-finals

The 34-year-old Serbian, who is currently riding a 16-match winning streak, has won the first two Grand Slam championships of the year — a ninth Australian Open crown (d. Medvedev) in February and a second title at Roland Garros (d. Tsitsipas) last month.

“Overall, I feel like I've been hitting the ball well throughout the entire tournament, putting myself exactly where I want to be [in the] semi-finals,” said Djokovic. “[I’m] not spending too much energy. Now I really have to be consistent from the first to last point in next match, and hopefully another one on Sunday.

“I don't really regret not playing longer on the court. [I’ve] had enough match play. Obviously, [it’s a] different surface [at] Roland Garros, but [I’ve had] a lot of different match play in the past couple of months that [has] put me in the right frame of mind, I think, for what's coming up. I had enough training on grass. I'm confident.”

Djokovic has compiled a 32-3 match record this season, which also includes the Belgrade Open title (d. Molcan). He will now prepare to face Canadian 10th seed Denis Shapovalov, who will be competing in his first major semi-final, on Friday.

“We played a tight two sets this year [at the] ATP Cup, which was [our] first official match of the season,” said Djokovic, who beat Shapovalov 7-5, 7-5. “The courts at Australian Open were pretty quick this year, so I could get a little bit of an understanding of how well he was serving.

“You don't get too many opportunities on his service game, especially here on grass. I've seen him play against [Andy] Murray [in the Wimbledon third round]. He's really feeling great. It's impressive the way he's been playing… I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a battle and I need to be at my best.”

Djokovic leads Shapovalov 6-0 in their ATP Head2Head series.

djokovic-wimbledon-2021-wednesday-qf3.jp

Edited by Andrej
  • Like 1

Novak Djokovic stands alone and above other Wimbledon semi-finalists

Five-times champion has been imperious in his run to the final four but Denis Shapovalov could prove an awkward opponent

Novak Djokovic has lost one set at Wimbledon this year and is in the semi-finals for the 10th time.

4887.jpg?width=620&quality=85&auto=forma

Thu 8 Jul 2021 15.49 BST

Three of the men’s semi-finalists on Friday have one main problem.

The fourth man. Novak Djokovic. :heart:

In the past 10 years at Wimbledon, three men have beaten him in completed matches: Roger Federer in the semis in 2012, Andy Murray in the final in 2013 and Sam Querrey in the third round in 2016.

Djokovic also lost to Tomas Berdych in 2017, but on that occasion, he retired hurt with an elbow injury, so the size of the task facing Denis Shapovalov, and by extension the other two semi-finalists, Matteo Berrettini and Hubert Hurkacz, is clear.

Djokovic has looked in imperious form throughout his first five matches, dropping one set, the first he played against the British teenager Jack Draper. 

With the exception of one tiebreak against Denis Kudla in the third round, no one else has taken more than four games in a set.

It is five years since Shapovalov was winning the junior singles title here, the same year Murray won his second Wimbledon title. The Canadian’s progression toward the top of the game has been relatively swift and he is guaranteed to be ranked inside the top 10 after this week. For all his talent, though, he has won one title, in Stockholm in 2019, and this will be his first time in a grand slam semi-final.

By contrast, the five-time champion Djokovic is in the last four at Wimbledon for the 10th time and will be playing his 41st grand slam semi-final.

Victory for the Serb come Sunday would put him level with Federer and Rafael Nadal on 20 grand slams, so the incentive for him is obvious.

Shapovalov, though, has the kind of game that could prove awkward if Djokovic is not completely on song. Left-handed, he has a big serve, aggressive groundstrokes, excellent movement and a willingness to come forward. Like many young players with a lot of weapons at their disposal, it has often been hard for him to make the right choice, shot selection letting him down at times. But as he showed at last year’s US Open, when he reached the quarter-finals, and over his five matches here, including a demolition of Murray in the third round, he has been maturing fast. Watching him rise through the ranks it always seemed likely that big things would happen once he put it all together. The maturity he showed in his win over Karen Khachanov in the last round, coming from two sets to one down, is also a good sign.

3120.jpg?width=940&quality=85&auto=forma

“From juniors, from a young age, I never was a player that would sit back and wait for my opponent’s mistakes,” he said. “I always wanted to be the one dictating. I was always coming to the net from 10, 12 years old. Getting lobbed back there, losing points.

“My mom always told me later on you’re going to grow and this is going to be an advantage to you. It’s something that is yours, you have to keep and maintain it for the future.”

If he is going to have a chance, though, he will need to serve well against perhaps the best returner the game has seen. Though his serve is a big weapon, it can also be his weakness; Shapovalov has served more double faults than anyone in the tournament, with 37 in five matches. He has also lost his previous two matches with Djokovic, who has lost one semi-final in a slam since 2014. But the 34-year-old world No 1 knows the threat he possesses.

“I’ve seen him play against Murray,” Djokovic said. “It’s impressive the way he’s been playing. I’m sure that’s going to be the biggest test I will have so far, which is also expected. It’s semi-finals.”

Berrettini and Hurkacz will be appearing in their first Wimbledon semi-final. The Italian, who won the title at Queen’s Club last month, has the greater experience having reached the last four at the US Open two years ago; the Pole has the belief having beaten the eight-time champion Federer in the quarters here.

With Djokovic still going strong, the title remains a long way off for them but you just never know for sure what is going to happen. As Jimmy Connors liked to say: “That’s why we put up the net.” :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Andrej
  • Like 1

kad covek vidi koliko se perfidno novak omalovazava ne preostaje nista drugo nego da veruje u patologiju i zlobu one "druge strane" .iskreno, nema potrebe za tim.

svaka akcija izaziva reakciju i onda ide konflikt medju fanovovima,novinarima , sponzorima ,kojekakvim glavonjama teniskim ....i sad budi nacisto da to nije svesno i namerno uradjeno , za cije babe zdravlje ???? pa, hajde da se pravimo naivni i da nemamo pojma ....

• Like 1

Je l' se seca neko koliko puta se desio taj stomacni virus na Vimbldonu? Ne mislim samo na njega, nego uopste, bio je jedne godine bukvalno pomor u prvoj nedelji turnira. Da li je hrana ili nesto drugo, ali dosta cesto se ponavlja.

21 minutes ago, de Havilland Mosquito said:

Čim je Eduardo molio da skrate i da bude jedan zajednički intervju za SK i RTS jer je previše umoran, meni to govori da taj problem sa stomakom nije tako bezazlen. Počinjem da brinem za nedelju. 

Koliko vidim to je intervju od sinoć, valjda će se u toku dana oporaviti za sutra :classic_sad:

Evo sad sam pogledao tu reklamu. Pa... Nista specijalno. Ajd da kažemo to je više omaž Rolexa ka Federeru. I ima nekih stvari koje su tačne. Gracioznost, elegancija na i van terena? Tačno.
Da niko pre njega nije igrao tako lep tenis? Verovatno tačno.
Da će Federer kao legenda da raste? Verovatno tačno.
Što se ljudi pecaju na brojeve i taj deo reklame, pa kao da nikad niste gledali reklamu koja pecka neku suprotnu stranu.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1