Novak Djokovic

wwww

2 minutes ago, Budha said:

Kakav je to karakter - rođeni pobjednik. 👍

Ovim se dodatno učvrstio na poziciju broj 2 na listi najboljih IKAD. 💪

Naklon do poda.

U pravu si, Borg je i dalje nenadmasen, ali on je sledeca meta.

• Like 1

Vajda says he was very worried after two sets because Novak looked flat physically and Tsitsipas was amazing.

Asked Marian if he was still getting surprised by Novak after all these years. He said it’s always impossible to predict what’s gonna happen with him so yes. But he felt Novak was very calm this year and he found his game right on time. Also says he enjoyed this final more than the 2016 final because Novak played at a better level. « He was much stronger mentally this year, even compared to last year. He now uses his experience very well »

« We said with Goran that if he does the Grand Slam this year, we’re gonna quit », Vajda in a laugh

• Ha-ha 2

Novak saying he’s not shying away from the fact that « I’m going for the title » in Wimbledon.

Amazing. Says « he was in my ear the entire match » about the kid he gave the racquet to. « He was giving me tactics: hold your serve… ». That child is golden.

• Like 3

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/tennis/roland-garros/2021/french-open-scary-good-novak-djokovic-looks-unbeatable-mats-wilander-backs-serb-to-win-wimbledon-too_sto8374086/story.shtml

Djokovic: Very close first set, he was the better player in clutch moments. In the second I got fatigued a bit, both mentally and physically. I came back refreshed, I felt that I got into his head after the early break in the 3rd, momentum shifted and I never looked back

Novak: There are always two voices: the one telling me that it's over was loud within myself being 0-2, so I tried to vocalize the other voice, the one telling me that I can do it.

Novak on year Slam/golden Slam: Everything is possible. My journey has been terrific so far, I achieved a lot of things many people didn't think were possible. I was in this position in 2016, lost in W in 3R. We have only two weeks now, which is not ideal.

Djokovic: I will celebrate this title and after a few days, I will turn my attention to Wimbledon. I have no problem saying that I want to win the title. Hopefully, I can use this confidence in Wimbledon as well.

Novak: On the court, the thoughts come and go. I have been training my mental ability to be in the moment, not to be pulled left and right. It did happen to me in big matches a few times. I put a lot of time into mental training, and I am glad it paid off.

Novak: I am still not there, Rafa and RF are still playing great, but I never felt that it was impossible (to catch up). I will keep on chasing, but at the same time, I will keep my authentic path.

Edited by wwww
  • Like 2

Vajda (Djokovic's coach) : "Rafa's match gave him a lot of confidence. In the first two sets he was maybe thinking too much."

Vajda : "I appreciate this trophy more than 2016. He was more nervous."

Vajda : "Novak knows he's ready to play five sets anyway, physically, mentally. On clay, the momentum is changing more often than on hard court. He learned a lot from his defeats at the beginning of his career and from Melzer in 2010. His mind is ready."

Vajda on a possible calendar Grand Slam by Djokovic : "As much as Novak is healthy, and he is, he is in great shape, he has the ability to win Grand Slams."

• Like 1

Meni je neverovatno da je Novak sa 31+ godinu osvojio 7 slemova i to se cak nije odrzavao Vimbldon zbog Korone gde bi bio jedan od favorita, ako ne i glavni, plus diskvalifikacija sa US, gde bi 100% osvojio s obzirom na vidjeni kvalitet.