NBA Draft potencijali, školski superstarovi, bastovi, spavači i ostali..

Bobby Shurda

iz atletike_way too early projekcija

1. Cade Cunningham | 6-7, lead ballhandler | 19 years old, freshman | Oklahoma State

As mentioned above, I love the talent at the top of the 2021 NBA Draft. It’s a considerably deeper draft within the top half of the lottery than the 2020 iteration was. And yet, I still think of it as “The Cade Cunningham Draft” at this stage. He’s not only one of the best prospects I’ve evaluated at the high school level, but also one of my favorite players to watch. Everything about Cunningham looks likely to translate at a high level in the NBA, and he gets better every time I see him.

I wrote about Cunningham two-and-a-half years ago, back when I first saw him at Pangos All-American camp, and was stunned that he was considered just a borderline top-20 prospect in his recruiting class. That’s no longer the case. Over those nearly 30 months since I started writing about him, Cunningham has gone from being a future NBA wing with high feel for the game to a legit lead ballhandler who was the best player at the U19 World Cup as an underage player last year — while sharing a backcourt with 2020 lottery picks Kira Lewis Jr. and Tyrese Haliburton and emerging as the clear top dog.

He’s 6-foot-7 with a 7-foot wingspan, but plays point guard. His handle is very strong technically, and he’s rarely out of rhythm as a ballhandler. You can’t speed him up because of how well he plays through contact at his size. If you give him a ball screen and let him get downhill, he’ll go through guys at the rim and finish using his length to extend.

His best skill, though, is his passing ability. Cunningham can hit every read out of spread or side pick-and-rolls. He hits cross-corner kickouts and baseline drive-and-drifts with ease. He knows how to draw help defenders to hit the easy little drop off to his big. He whips one-handed passes with both his right and left hands. Everything is just so polished. In Oklahoma State’s spread offense under Mike Boynton, Cunningham is going to average seven assists per night with ease as long as his teammates hit shots.

On top of that, Cunningham is a diligent defender who really does an excellent job of reading what offensive players want to do, and making their life tough with his length. Unsurprisingly, he’s also great at using that length to create deflections and get into passing lanes.

The only real issue here is that he’s been a bit of an inconsistent shooter throughout his career. But a source at Oklahoma State told me that he’s come to preseason workouts and been the team’s second-best shooter behind 3-point marksman Ferron Flavors. If Cunningham is really a shooter now, it’s kind of a wrap for opponents because there isn’t really an easy way to stop him. I’d bet on Cunningham averaging something in the ballpark of 16 points, seven rebounds and seven assists at Oklahoma State this season, and being in the mix to win the national player of the year award. He is the big lead ballhandler that everyone is looking for, plus he has a real winner’s mentality that consistently leads to positive team play and good results.

2. Jalen Green | 6-5 guard | 18 years old | G League Ignite

Above all, Green is a live-wire athlete who mixes real quick-twitch and vertical pop with all sorts of body control and skill. He’s a highlight reel waiting to happen whenever he takes the court. That athleticism allows him to get separation at exceedingly high levels for step-backs as well as take off for massive dunks. Everything he does is just oozing with explosiveness.He also has a real skill level as a ballhandler and separator. The idea here is that he can be a legitimate three-level scorer because of his above-the-rim finishing and pull-up gifts.

On the AAU level, he got a bit inefficient and shot-happy at times, but he’s shown in Team USA settings that he can play within a scheme and either be the top dog as a scorer (as he showed when he won MVP of the 2018 U17 World Cup as a 16-year-old) or as more of a complementary piece (like he did at the 2019 U19 World Cup). He chose to pass on college basketball and will be training with the G League Ignite team in Walnut Creek, Calif.

3. Brandon Boston, Jr. | 6-7 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Kentucky

Boston is a super long scoring wing who has really emerged over the last 18 months as an elite, top-five level prospect. When Boston committed to Kentucky about a year ago, I wrote that I thought he was a creative wing who was very likely to hear his name called in the lottery, but that he needed to keep repping through his jumper to achieve his genuine top-five level upside. Over the last year, he’s worked tirelessly to improve that jumper and as he’s gotten stronger, it’s become easier for him to replicate his mechanics every time.

I think I’d bet on him being an average-plus shooter this year at Kentucky in terms of efficiency while taking difficult ones as opposed to being purely a volume guy. Beyond that, he’s a tough driver and ballhandler who can finish inside and plays with real aggressiveness when hunting his own shot. He’s going to average close to 20 per night at Kentucky this season as his mix of inside-out dribbles and crossovers going forward, paired with step-backs off the bounce, make him an impossible cover for college teams.

4. Jonathan Kuminga | 6-8 forward | 18 years old | G League Ignite

Kuminga is a terrific athlete with a great frame. He’s grown to be in the 6-foot-8 range with what looks to be a plus-four or plus-five wingspan. Thus far, he’s been productive at every level. He has an aggressive mindset out there every time he takes the floor, and can really create shots as a quick-twitch driver. he uses his leaping ability to finish well around the rim with ease. Again, the hope here is that he’s a three-level scorer who can be something of a centerpiece of a team if he continues on this trajectory offensively. He’s not just an offensive player, though. He’s also a terrific defender who alters shots from the weak side as a rim protector and who can switch onto multiple player types defensively. He’ll be with the G League Ignite after having bypassed college hoops this year.

5. Keon Johnson | 6-5 wing | 18 years old, freshman | Tennessee

Yeah, I’m just going to call my shot on this one. I think Johnson is an absolute stud despite the fact that he was ranked outside of the top-15 in his recruiting class. He’s one of the most explosive athletes in the country, a 6-foot-5 wing who can get wherever he wants on the court because of how sudden and powerful his movements are. Offensively, he’s a great driver and can finish way above the rim because of that quick-twitch athleticism. He’s also a developing shooter who clearly seems to have made some strides there, and he also plays unselfishly with solid passing ability. Defensively, he plays exceptionally hard and tries to impact the game by switching across the positional spectrum 1 through 3. He has a real desire to be great on defense. He’s the guy in this class that I expect to burst onto the scene and become something of a surprising top half of the lottery type of talent.

6. Evan Mobley | 7-0 center | 19 years old, freshman | USC

Mobley is one of the most interesting big prospects to come across college basketball in a while because of how easy it is to imagine him developing into a modern big while maintaining some real interior talent. He’s long and defends on the interior, plus has good enough feet to where he looks projectable as a perimeter and ball-screen defender. He really wants to be a force on that end, too, contesting everything. Offensively, he has great touch out to the midrange already and is developing his 3-point shot. He can face up and drive with ease and has a handle to get by defenders. He’s still working his way into his frame and developing his overall game. It’s going to take some time with Mobley. But he’s going to be very productive in college this year on both ends of the floor, and the ceiling is immensely high as long as he keeps working to develop all the flashes he has into consistent moments.

7. Ziaire Williams | 6-7 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Stanford

At 6-foot-7 with a 6-foot-11 wingspan, Williams has all the tools you look for in a prototypical two-way wing. He can defend multiple positions because of his athleticism and quickness. He gives a lot of effort on that end and generally is regarded as one of the most mature elite prospects in the class. On offense, he’s a high-flyer who really can get out on the break and finish, but more than that has real skills as a playmaking scorer. He loves to drive and play through contact despite the fact that he’s still extremely skinny. His first step is terrific and allows him to blow by, even if he’s still developing his versatility off the bounce. I’m also a believer in him becoming a consistent shooter because the mechanics are quite good and he can get to them off the pull-up with ease (even if the results weren’t always there in high school). More than anything though, he just doesn’t play like a goofball. He plays hard on both ends, he constantly moves on offense, and he plays unselfishly despite his skill.

8. Terrence Clarke | 6-7 wing | 19 years old, freshman | Kentucky

Clarke is a super slasher on the wing. He has a great first step and can get into the paint at will. He’s known as an above-the-rim finisher who has great lift off of one foot, but he also already has an impressive array of floater/touch shots from within eight feet. Kentucky really empowers guys to take those little midrange floaters, so I’d expect it to be a big part of his arsenal this year. He’s also a really impressive passer for his size. He sees over the defense and finds passing lanes that other guys just don’t.

The problems right now are that he’s an inconsistent shooter from outside of 15 feet, and he sometimes gets way over-aggressive and commits some wild turnovers. Whereas Boston will be the scoring phenom at Kentucky this year, I’d expect Clarke to be something of a problem solver due to the nature of his game. He can do a little bit of offensive initiation, he can defend guys at high levels, and he can go get a bucket when necessary. If the jumper comes, Clarke has real upside beyond even this level in 2021.

9. Scottie Barnes | 6-8 forward | 19 years old, freshman | Florida State

The prototypical “everything but the jumper” skill package. Elite-level potential on defense. He plays with an exceptional motor and has elite measurements at 6-8 with a 7-foot-2 wingspan. One of the very rare prospects who have actual 1 through 5 switchable potential on defense. Genuinely has All-Defensive Team upside at some point already at just 19 years old because of his ability to slide with quicker players. The key will be deriving enough value on offense to stay on the floor.

Generally, I think he can do that because he’s not a total non-factor on that end. He’s a really smart passer and playmaker for others, both from a standstill and on the move. He actually is expected to play some point guard this year at Florida State, although I see him more as a secondary guy at the NBA level. He moves well without the ball, and does a great job of intuitively taking advantage of 4 on 3 situations when he sees open teammates. Ultimately, he needs to show that he can do anything as a shooter at all, otherwise this might be too high for him. Given the importance of defensive versatility, though, I like Barnes to become a good NBA player.

10. Usman Garuba | 6-8 forward/center | 18 years old | Real Madrid

Garuba is this season’s early-career producer in Euroleague. He is a part-time starter for Real Madrid, one of the top teams in the world outside of the NBA. The big thing he brings to the table is defensive versatility. He’s one of the better teenage defensive prospects to emerge out of Europe in recent years. He has quick feet with slides in ball screen coverages, and his 7-foot-2 wingspan and body control on shot contests on the interior allows him to affect a ton of shots.

Offensively, he’s not particularly an explosive leaper and he doesn’t get downhill all that well as a roller, but he has great dexterity with the ball for his age and is a really underrated passer. The big key for him is continuing to develop the 3-point shot. Real Madrid has really allowed him to explore the studio space in ACB play this season, and he’s shooting just 4-for-25 from 3. If he were a better 3-point shooter, I would say that I think he’s a legit top-half of the lottery guy. But until we see that ironed out, he’s more just your baseline lottery big who can move his feet and help you in multiple ways.

11. Jalen Suggs | 6-5 guard | 19 years old, freshman | Gonzaga

Suggs has a shot to be the leading scorer on a Gonzaga team that is currently the favorite to win the national title this season. The 6-foot-5 guard is a tremendous scorer with fluid body control and great touch around the basket. He can also shoot it at a high level from deep. There is also some combo guard to his game as well, as he can make high-level dump-off passes and same-side kickouts after collapsing the defense as a driver. Unfortunately, there is a downside here, though: you’re going to get tired very quickly of hearing how he was a high school quarterback who won Minnesota’s Mr. Football award in addition to its Mr. Basketball award.

12. Caleb Love | 6-3 guard | 19 years old, freshman | North Carolina

Another scoring combo/lead guard here with Love. His handle is extremely tight and he can create plays with or without ball-screens. If a defender goes under a ball-screen with him, he has the ability to easily stop and pop from behind the 3-point line. But if you overplay him, he’ll beat you off the bounce with ease and get into the lane with quickness and tremendous footwork. Everything about his pull-up game is on-point right now for a teenage guard. It would be great for him to keep improving as a distributor and playmaker for others. That’s where his upside lies. But he might have enough talent as a scorer to where he just sticks regardless of the passing ability.

13. Daishen Nix | 6-5 guard | 18 years old | G League Ignite

Nix was one of the best passers and playmakers for others in the 2020 recruiting class, a big lead guard with great vision who constantly finds his teammates in advantageous spots. He’s also an impressive finisher at the rim. Despite not being a particularly explosive athlete, he plays at his own pace, changes speeds, and has absolutely elite footwork to maneuver around defenders in traffic. Loves the Euro step move at the rim to finish. The big question that he’ll need to answer is whether he can consistently separate from opposing players. Having said that though, I think I buy into his jumper from distance keeping defenders off-balance enough to help him get into the paint.

14. Keyontae Johnson | 6-5 wing | 21 years old, junior | Florida

NBA evaluators were surprised when Johnson decided not to enter the 2020 NBA Draft, as many thought he had a chance to turn into a late first-round pick after going through even the truncated process. Again, NBA teams are constantly on the lookout for wings who do two things: defend multiple positions and shoot. At 6-foot-5, 230 pounds, Johnson is a tank who can hit shots from distance, and then guard 1 through 4 at the collegiate level. By the end of SEC play last year, Johnson was one of the five best players in the conference and clearly earned All-SEC honors. Look for more of the same this year, and I’d expect he goes in round one in 2021.

15. Greg Brown | 6-8 forward | 19 years old, freshman | Texas

Brown is one of the more explosive athletes you’ll find in the 2021 class as a leaper. He’s a highlight reel waiting to happen as a dunker, but he is more than that. He has a great face-up game as a driver, and has some chance to shoot it off the catch as he continues to work through his mechanics. Defensively, he does a great job as a 4-man protecting the weak side of the rim. The key with Brown will be to keep working on upping his skill level overall beyond just being a crazy athlete, but he already has enough talent to get him into conversations for the lottery.

16. Moses Moody | 6-6 wing | 18 years old, freshman | Arkansas

This is the third player in my top 16 who played for Montverde Academy last season, along with Cunningham and Barnes. Yeah, there is a good reason they got discussed as potentially the best high school team in history. Moody is the prototypical 3-and-D guy, a high-level shooter from distance with great length who takes on tough wing defensive assignments. He could stand to improve his lateral quickness a bit, but Moody should average up over 15 points per game while hitting between 37 and 41 percent from 3 in Eric Musselman’s wide-open offensive attack.

17. Josh Christopher | 6-4 guard | 19 years old, freshman | Arizona State

Christopher is a three-level scoring guard who has one of the most polished repertoires of any incoming freshman in the country. His footwork is superb, and he can get to his spots with ease. He’s also very competitive and seems to really care about winning. Having said that, he’s probably not a good enough athlete to be a true creator at the NBA level, so his defensive effort needs to become more consistent. There is a role for him as a 3-and-D 2-guard at the next level, but he has to be willing to embrace that.

18. D.J. Steward | 6-3 guard | 19 years old, freshman | Duke

Steward is a fearless, high-scoring freshman out of Chicago who I would expect to lead Duke in scoring this season. He creates shots at will on offense. His pull-up game is pretty polished and sick, with sudden moves allowing him to create feet of separation going backward. He’s improved a lot as a jump shooter over the last year, too, to the point that he should be reliable as a central offensive figure in terms of efficiency. He’s just 6-foot-3, and he’s quite skinny, so he’d be best off putting on some weight and improving a bit as a distributor for others, but Steward’s scoring is so ridiculous that it puts him in the conversation to be a potential top 20 guy.

19. Jalen Johnson | 6-8 forward | 18 years old, freshman | Duke

Johnson is seen as the top recruit coming into Duke this season, and indeed I’d anticipate him having the biggest impact among its freshmen because his game will work well at the college level. He’s hyper-smart and plays with great feel. His best skill is his passing ability, as he’s always under control and keeps his head up to make plays for others. His body control and balance is terrific. The things that worry me here, though, are that Johnson is not a particularly high-level athlete, and while he has a reputation of being a good shooter, I don’t really love the mechanics because it’s a straight line drive jumper with a hitch. Still, he’s a smart player trending toward being a first-round pick.

20. James Bouknight | 6-5 wing | 20 years old, sophomore | Connecticut

Was one of the most impactful scoring freshmen in college basketball by the time late January rolled around in 2020. In his final 13 games, Bouknight averaged 17.2 points while shooting 45 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3. He’s an elite-level athlete in terms of leaping ability, and he has a real knowledge of how to get separation from defenders. He’s a live wire highlight waiting to happen in transition, plus has already proven he can knock down 3s. Hop aboard the Bouknight Bandwagon, because the train is leaving the station quickly.

21. Josh Giddey | 6-7 wing | 18 years old | Adelaide

Giddey has shot up the board for NBA teams over the last year and is considered a potential first-round pick as a Next Star in Australia. He’s 6-foot-7 and extremely skinny still, but his feel for the game is superb and he makes an impact across the board because he just knows how to play the game. He’s the youngest player to debut for the Australian national team since Ben Simmons. His passing ability — which is genuinely very high-level for his size — has seen him fashioned as something of a lead guard at youth levels in Australia, but I see him as more of a secondary playmaking wing long-term. He doesn’t quite have the necessary game off the bounce yet to create plays. Maybe it’ll come, but the good news is that Giddey should profile into that secondary playmaking role nicely because of his burgeoning shooting ability.

22. Chris Smith | 6-9 wing | 20 years old, senior | UCLA

Smith was very close to entering the 2020 NBA Draft, but returned to UCLA. He finally is starting to realize his immense potential, having morphed into an interesting shot-maker and defensive wing at his size. He can handle the ball comfortably at 6-foot-9, and his jump shot off the catch is real. The idea here is that he has the upside of someone like a Trevor Ariza as a big wing with some shooting and enough game off the bounce to keep defenses honest, while also playing solid defense himself. This will probably be the highest you’ll see Smith on a draft board, but I’m a believer in him being a high-level character kid who will continue to improve now that his confidence is right.

23. David Johnson | 6-5 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Louisville

Johnson was one of my favorite prospects to emerge over the course of the 2019-20 season, as he made an immediate impact upon getting healthy for Louisville as a freshman. At 6-foot-5, he’s a high-level playmaker as a passer, making every live-dribble read that you can find in the book. He’s also a high-level defensive player who can swallow up opposing lead guards with his length. The critical input here will be the jump shot, as it’s still a bit too inconsistent at this stage. He spent the offseason repping out jumpers though, so we’ll see how it looks once he gets back. If Johnson is a threat as a jump shooter, I expect he’ll be one of the breakouts of the college hoops season and a first-round pick.

24. Roko Prkacin | 6-9 forward/center | 18 years old | Cibona

Prkacin is a weird big prospect in that he’s something of a multi-skilled and polished big man for his age, but doesn’t appear to have a particularly high ceiling despite his obvious talent. On the plus side, he clearly has a great feel for the game and a very polished skillset that allowed him to be productive even at Adriatic League level before turning 18. He has great dexterity with the ball, making plays as a passer and driver. Defensively, he wants to make an impact. The problem is that he’s a heavy-footed 6-foot-9 forward who may struggle a bit to defend in space at the NBA level. He’s also working through his jumper at this stage, a skill that will be essential to his NBA success. He’s too productive at too high of a level not to have here as a late first-, early second-rounder. I just wonder how it keeps translating as he moves up levels as a big.

25. Aaron Henry | 6-5 wing | 21 years old, junior | Michigan State

I’ve been a fan of Henry for a few years now, as he has a game that should translate nicely to the pros as soon as he starts to become more consistent with his performances. That started to come late in the season for Michigan State, as he became a more confident driver and attack-oriented player, averaging 12 points, six rebounds and three assists over his last eight games. Had the season not been suspended, he might be in the NBA right now. He’ll move into a more primary role this year for the Spartans, and I’d expect that as long as the jumper continues to be consistent, he’ll get a guaranteed deal in the NBA in 2021.

26. Ayo Dosunmu | 6-5 guard | 21 years old, junior | Illinois

Expected to leave school throughout the majority of his sophomore season, Dosunmu decided to return after leading Illinois to a terrific season that had it poised to make an NCAA Tournament run. Now, Illinois is (or at least should be) considered the favorite to win the Big Ten with a loaded roster returning. Dosunmu was arguably the most clutch player in college hoops last season, and while the 3-point number may point to regression, he actually got more comfortable as a shooter last year from the midrange area. The keys for Dosunmu are extending that range beyond the 3-point line, and continuing to refine his halfcourt game offensively. He’s considered an elite character kid, so evaluators want to buy into him. He just needs to keep improving the jumper and not stagnate. He’s one of my favorites for first-team All-America this year.

27. Corey Kispert | 6-7 wing | 22 years old, senior | Gonzaga

Had Kispert decided to turn pro after his junior season, he would have certainly gotten a guaranteed deal from an NBA team. In the end, he decided he wanted a final collegiate shot at the immortality of being the leader of Gonzaga’s first national champion. The translation for him to the NBA is pretty simple. He’s an elite-level shooter. He averaged 14 points per game while shooting 44 percent from 3 last season. His mechanics on the jump shot are absolutely pristine. I think he’s one of the safest bets of any returning player in college hoops to be a top-45 pick in this class.

28. Moussa Cisse | 6-10 center | 18 years old, freshman | Memphis

Cisse is just an absolutely ridiculous shot-blocker. Has a chance to be among the nation’s leaders this season, as he contests and affects nearly everything around the rim while maintaining his athleticism away from the hoop defensively. He has to figure out what to do on offense because right now he doesn’t process the game quick enough to be anything other than a catch-and-finish guy at the rim. He needs to be able to not get flustered and turn the ball over. But with a 7-foot-4 wingspan, he has the tools NBA teams look for in a prospect.

29. Jared Butler | 6-3 guard | 20 years old, junior | Baylor

I want to have Butler higher, but there wasn’t quite as much enthusiasm for him as I’d have hoped as he went through the pre-draft process this year before returning to Baylor. He didn’t get any assurances that he would be a guaranteed pick. So I have Butler at No. 29, as I think he’s going to have an absolutely monster season as a scorer. He has one of the most technically sound handles of any prospect I’ve seen, with the ability to get defenders off-balance with ease. He knocks down shots off the catch and off the bounce as a combo guard. I think he sticks as a bench guard in the NBA.

30. Terrence Shannon Jr. | 6-5 wing | 20 years old, sophomore | Texas Tech

Last season, word out of Texas Tech practices was that evaluators were more excited about the long-term potential of Shannon as opposed to that of one-and-done freshman Jahmi’us Ramsey. The latter had the All-Big 12 year, but I’d bet that those premonitions about Shannon end up getting proven right this draft cycle. He really struggled to shoot it as a freshman. However, he has all of the athletic tools that evaluators look for from the NBA wing position. He’s a lefty with high-flying leaping ability, great quick-twitch lateral athleticism, and the skills for dribbling, passing, shooting and defending.

31. Franz Wagner | 6-10 forward | 19 years old, sophomore | Michigan

32. Jeremiah Robinson-Earl | 6-10 forward | 20 years old, sophomore | Villanova

33. Isaiah Jackson | 6-10 center | 18 years old, freshman | Kentucky

34. Oscar Tshiebwe | 6-9 center | 20 years old, sophomore | West Virginia

35. Scottie Lewis | 6-5 wing | 20 years old, sophomore | Florida

36. Trendon Watford | 6-9 forward | 20 years old, sophomore | LSU

37. Marcus Garrett | 6-5 guard | 22 years old, senior | Kansas

38. Jaden Springer | 6-4 guard | 19 years old, freshman | Tennessee

39. Romeo Weems | 6-7 wing/forward | 20 years old, sophomore | DePaul

40. Trayce Jackson-Davis | 6-9 center | 20 years old, sophomore | Indiana

41. Matt Mitchell | 6-6 wing | 22 years old, senior | San Diego State

42. Carlos Alocen | 6-4 guard | 19 years old | Real Madrid

43. Marcus Zegarowski | 6-0 guard | 21 years old, junior | Creighton

44. Wendell Moore | 6-5 wing | 19 years old, sophomore | Duke

45. Cam Thomas | 6-3 guard | 18 years old, freshman | LSU

46. Miles McBride | 6-2 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | West Virginia

47. Yves Pons | 6-7 forward | 21 years old, senior | Tennessee

48. Matthew Hurt | 6-9 guard | 20 years old, sophomore | Duke

49.  John Petty | 6-5 wing | 21 years old, senior | Alabama

50. Luka Garza | 6-11 center | 22 years old, junior | Iowa

51. Joe Wieskamp | 6-7 wing | 21 years old, junior | Iowa

52. Isaiah Todd | 6-9 forward | 19 years old | G League Ignite

53. Ibou Badji | 7-0 center | 18 years old | Barcelona

54. Aamir Simms | 6-8 forward | 22 years old, senior | Clemson

55. Chris Duarte | 6-5 guard | 22 years old, senior | Oregon

56. Samuell Williamson | 6-7 wing | 20 years old, sophomore | Louisville

57. AJ Lawson | 6-6 guard | 21 years old, junior | South Carolina

58. Joel Ayayi | 6-5 guard | 20 years old, junior | Gonzaga

59. Neemias Queta | 7-0 center | 21 years old, junior | Utah State

60. Derrick Alston Jr. | 6-9 wing | 22 years old, senior | Boise State

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, đubrivo. said:

14. Keyonta Johnson | 6-5 wing | 21 years old, junior | Florida

NBA evaluators were surprised when Johnson decided not to enter the 2020 NBA Draft, as many thought he had a chance to turn into a late first-round pick after going through even the truncated process. Again, NBA teams are constantly on the lookout for wings who do two things: defend multiple positions and shoot. At 6-foot-5, 230 pounds, Johnson is a tank who can hit shots from distance, and then guard 1 through 4 at the collegiate level. By the end of SEC play last year, Johnson was one of the five best players in the conference and clearly earned All-SEC honors. Look for more of the same this year, and I’d expect he goes in round one in 2021.

Video sam da je u veštačkoj komi bio nakon onog pada na utakmici nadam se da će biti dobro

• WOW 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sam Vecenie@theathletic

58. Filip Petrusev
C | Mega | Birthdate: April 16, 2000 (Age: 21) | 6-11 | 235 LBS | Hometown: Belgrade, Serbia
Background
Father is Dejan. Originally from Serbia and started playing basketball at a very young age. Has a brother, David, who also was a high-level basketball player. Very quickly got involved with the elite youth teams at Red Star in Serbia, then Partizan — two of the biggest clubs in the country. In 2014, he went to Spain to play with Baskonia’s youth team. Eventually ended up in high school in the United States. Played at Avon Old Farms in Connecticut for a season and, while he was there, committed to Hartford. Eventually was recognized as a clear high-level prospect. Transferred to Montverde Academy in Florida in 2017 to play with RJ Barrett. Team was excellent, and Petrusev continued to develop as a recruit. Team won a national championship. Was eventually considered a consensus four-star recruit, and a top-100 player in his class. Decommitted from Hartford and committed to Gonzaga. Had a solid freshman season. Wasn’t elite, but good. Made the All-Freshman team in the WCC while playing behind guys like Brandon Clarke, Rui Hachimura and Killian Tillie. Really came into his own as a sophomore. Won the WCC Player of the Year award. Was a finalist for Center of the Year and was named to a few All-American teams. Declared for the draft following the shortened season but couldn’t get the hype he was looking for and withdrew his name. Instead of returning to Gonzaga, however, he turned pro with Mega in Serbia. Had a monster breakout season. Won the Adriatic League MVP, led the league in scoring and won the top prospect award. He was the best player in the league this past season. Decided to declare for the draft following that impressive run and should be selected following outstanding production as a professional.
YEAR TEAM LEAGUE Age GP PPG RPG APG TOPG BPG SPG FG% 3P% FT% 

19 32 6.5 2.7 0.3   0.5 0.2   30.0 85.3 20 33 17.5 7.9 1.5   0.8 0.6   18.2 65.5
  2018-19
   GONZAGA
   NCAA (WCC)
   2019-20
    GONZAGA
    NCAA (WCC)
   2020-21
  MEGA
 KLS (SERBIA) +
ADRIATIC LEAGUE
21     32     21.2   7.4    1.5
1.0 0.4
46.2 71.4

Strengths
Good size at 6-foot-11. Took the time this past year to become a legitimate spacing five man. Knocks down shots from distance with ease and does so out of a variety of situations. Can spot up in the corner and hit with ease, Made nine of his 12 3-point attempts there this past year. Most comfortable though at the top of the key. Really good out of ball screens. Can slip or make contact and take a step back into a shot. Overall jumper looks good mechanically but needs to get better at speeding up his release in order to get it off more consistently against NBA teams.
Petrusev also was a tremendous finisher this past year around the basket. Made 69.3 percent of his non-post-ups, showcasing a few different skills. Not a crazy vertical athlete but has really good touch. Can get contact and still finish below the rim. Really did a good job getting to the rim and finishing when attacking a heavy closeout from someone who respects his jumper. Comfortable putting the ball on the deck. Can also hit a little mini floater out of these or short rolls. Really good at finding the little open area to roll into and getting all the way to the rim. Great timing on his rolls. Catches both below and above waist, which allows him to have real diversity in roller settings. Generally, uses his body well, post- roll, to seal guys from the rim. Knows how to use his frame.
Petrusev is a very high-level play-finishing center. He has great feel for the game and great feel for how to get a bucket. Good footwork.
Weaknesses
Not overly long or particularly strong. Will be undersized for the center position in the NBA. Has great balance but doesn’t necessarily have the kind of explosiveness typically needed to make up for that kind of undersized frame. Not a great leaper, and not a great lateral mover. Overall, will be a below-average athlete for the center spot.
There are significant worries on defense. Knows his angles and positioning in drop coverage, and his fundamentals for staying vertical and contesting are good, but if a guard is explosive and gets a head of steam, he can go through Petrusev. Also, a large portion of NBA players are going to be able to finish over the top of him due to his lack of tools. On the perimeter, really struggles moving his feet and staying in front. Doesn’t have great lateral agility. Going to struggle if put on an island against a good opposing guard. Not going to be able to stay in front, which means teams are going to have to scramble to make up for him.
He is not a great passer right now. He is OK from a standstill and can make some dangerous passes out of the post, but mostly just hitting escape passes. Can sometimes get turnover-prone if he overdribbles and gets doubled, but for the most part has done a good job of being effective in those settings. Generally isn’t making the pass to break down the defense enough.
Summary
Petrusev has been about as productive as a center can be over the last two years. He was an All-American at Gonzaga, then went overseas and won MVP in an incredibly competitive league. But I can’t quite get there with him largely due to concerns over what his fit is in the NBA. He does not have any chance to get stops on defense in the NBA, and that’s while playing the most important defensive position. The stretch shooting is nice, and it does give him a differentiator, but I’m not sure it’s enough of one to make up for the defensive concerns. Really, he’s just not the type of player I’m looking for to draft into today’s NBA. There’s a chance he can be useful offensively in the league, but more likely than not, Petrusev strikes me as one of the absolute best players in Europe for many years, making millions of dollars while carrying EuroLeague teams. The game just doesn’t totally translate in a way that effects winning right now, given his tools.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Koliko ga je nagrdio , jbt. Kao da je opisao Jokica kada su u pitanju atletske mogucnosti a Petrusev uopste nije  los atleta , moze da skoci , da zvarsi  iznad kosa, pokretljiv je  itd. za belca  te visine je sasvim pristojan    .  A nije ni  toliko nizak , on je u patikama blizu 213cm , (raspon ruku mu je 213cm , prosecan ali nije u minusu) , centri u NBA ligi su uglavnom visoki  oko  213 cm  u proseku. Sabonis je na primer 207cm,208cm a starter je u ligi  ,ovaj mali turcin sto ga hajpuju je  visok 205cm. 

Edited by Miki8

• 10 months later...

Evo ga zadnji mock Givonya sa ESPN Insidera

1. Orlando Magic

Jabari Smith
Auburn
SF/PF

Orlando has been diligent in evaluating its options beyond Smith atop the draft, working out the likes of Chet Holmgren, Jaden Ivey, Keegan Murray and Shaedon Sharpe. Every NBA team we've talked with expects Smith to end up being the pick here -- any other scenario would be a major surprise to league executives. Smith, whose only workouts have been for the Magic and Thunder, makes quite a bit of sense here as he's arguably the best shooter in the draft despite standing 6-10 and is more than a full year younger than Holmgren, the No. 1 prospect on the ESPN big board. The intensity level and versatility Smith brings defensively will be attractive as well, along with the fact that he checks every box the NBA teams look for from a character and competitiveness standpoint.

2. Oklahoma City Thunder

Chet Holmgren
Gonzaga
PF

Holmgren, who has only worked out for Orlando and the Thunder, seems comfortable with the idea of being selected here. OKC's rebuild has been viewed favorably by players and agents thanks to the Thunder's strong player-development infrastructure, coaching staff, organizational culture and a trove of players and future picks assembled that should allow OKC to quickly pivot toward respectability in the near future. Adding a 7-footer with a 7-6 wingspan to that core, one who projects as a potential Defensive Player of the Year candidate with the mobility, timing and competitiveness Holmgren offers, makes perfect sense. He'll give the Thunder offense, which ranked last in the NBA in 3-point percentage, as well as much-needed spacing with his ability to shoot, push off the defensive glass, create for others and finish emphatically around the basket and should fit in very well with their existing pieces thanks to the two-way versatility and excellent feel for the game he brings.

3. Houston Rockets

Paolo Banchero
Duke
PF/C

The Rockets got a close look at Banchero in a private workout at his home base in Memphis, before bringing him to Houston for another visit. Hours later, the team elected to trade their starting power forward, Christian Wood, for a late first-round pick, signaling their increasing comfort with Banchero as the pick here. Banchero is a 6-10, polished and aggressive scorer who can carry a significant load with his versatility to handle, pass and shoot. His ability to create off the dribble both for himself and teammates should pair well with the explosive transition scoring and shot-making prowess Jalen Green offers. Banchero should compete for Rookie of the Year honors and has considerable upside to grow into as the Rockets surround him and Green with the requisite defensive pieces and floor spacers to return to playoff contention.

4. Sacramento Kings

Jaden Ivey
Purdue
PG/SG

In the view of many NBA teams, the draft starts here -- Sacramento's decision to either trade this pick to a team vying for Ivey, or retain it and pick from a group expected to consist of Ivey, Bennedict Mathurin and Keegan Murray will represent a key moment on Thursday night. The Kings have been approached in exploratory conversations by almost every team picking after Sacramento in the lottery and even beyond, a source says, a group including Indiana (No. 6), Washington (No. 10), New York (No. 11), Oklahoma City (No. 12), Atlanta (No. 16) and others.

Rival teams say the asking price will be considerable, with a mix of established vets (Malcolm Brogdon, Kyle Kuzma, Jerami Grant, John Collins), a 2022 draft choice and rookie-scale contract players such as the Pacers' Chris Duarte believed to be some of the options teams have studied. Even if the Kings stand pat -- considered the most likely scenario as of now -- Ivey could make quite a bit of sense here despite Sacramento not being his preferred destination. He's viewed as the best prospect available by many around the league thanks to his superior long-term upside, physical tools and shot-creation prowess, giving him the type of star power the Kings might not want to pass on, despite Ivey not being an ideal fit on paper with the likes of De'Aaron Fox and Davion Mitchell.

5. Detroit Pistons

Bennedict Mathurin
Arizona
SG/SF

Mathurin drew strong reviews on the private workout trail, excelling in competitive action, individual drills and interview sessions everywhere he visited and boosting his stock into the mid-lottery in the process. Detroit's front office and coaching staff is said to be especially interested in the All-American and Pac-12 Player of the Year's intriguing combination of current productivity and future upside at just 19 years old, as well as his potential fit with Cade Cunningham thanks to his ability to shoot coming off screens and his prowess operating in the open court. NBA teams say they will also be monitoring the Pistons' plans for Jerami Grant, who is entering the final year of his contract, and may be on the move as early as draft night.

6. Indiana Pacers

Keegan Murray
Iowa
PF/C

The Pacers have drawn quite a few inquiries from around the league in trade scenarios involving Malcolm Brogdon and Myles Turner, sources say, a circumstance that could net them other lottery picks if they so choose. Indiana could move as high as No. 4 if it elects to include Chris Duarte in such a package, or No. 11 if they acquiesce to the Knicks' overtures and ship Brogdon out as many around the league expect. But keeping the band together and trying to make a run at the playoffs is also a possibility, especially if a player like Murray falls to them at No. 6. Murray, the most NBA-ready player in the draft, could slide seamlessly into the power forward position that was vacated in the Domantas Sabonis trade, and will be attractive with the two-way versatility he displays, his efficient scoring ability and the fact that he doesn't need plays called for him to be effective.

7. Portland Trail Blazers

Shaedon Sharpe
Kentucky
SG

Sharpe's standing has solidified with some outstanding showings in competitive private workouts -- his performances have improved with every visit and he has demonstrated significantly more fire than teams expected from the intel they gathered on Sharpe coming out of Kentucky. Damian Lillard is said to be high on Sharpe's talent, despite Sharpe being 12 years younger and seemingly on a completely different timetable from Lillard. Sharpe is clearly oozing with natural ability, possessing elite physical tools with his exceptional frame, length and explosiveness, to go along with dynamic perimeter shooting ability. There was a reason he was the No. 1-ranked player in his high school class, but his lack of experience and how little he has been evaluated might make it difficult for a team picking higher than this to roll the dice on him.

8. New Orleans Pelicans (via Lakers)

Dyson Daniels
G League Ignite
PG/SG

The Pelicans have less of a need at any particular position than other lottery teams, making this a natural target for teams looking to move up in trade conversations and creating quite a bit of chatter in NBA circles around this pick. The Phoenix Suns are said to be one of the teams potentially looking at trade scenarios here, possibly including a player like Cameron Johnson in order to free up salary cap flexibility to keep Deandre Ayton. New Orleans has four surefire starters and a plethora of young talent at every position that gives it tremendous depth and role players to plug virtually any hole.

If New Orleans elects to keep the pick, drafting Daniels and allowing him to come along slowly would make plenty of sense, but the fact that he can guard three positions, has an outstanding feel for the game and has improved his perimeter shooting gives him the type of multi-positional versatility to operate in a variety of lineup configurations.

9. San Antonio Spurs

Jalen Duren
Memphis
C

Duren offers a natural succession plan for Jakob Poeltl, who is entering the final year of his contract. He's arguably the most physically gifted big man in the draft at 6-10, 250 pounds with a 7-5 wingspan, and has a ready-made role from day one as a lob-catching shot-blocker with his huge catch radius, his excellent timing as a rim-protector and the way he uses verticality to his advantage. Duren also has significant room for growth in terms of skill level as the game slows down for him entering his 20s. Jeremy Sochan is said to be another player the Spurs are exploring here. Rival teams have pondered the viability of packaging Poeltl and this pick for a player like Deandre Ayton in a sign-and-trade scenario, a deal that couldn't be consummated until July.

10. Washington Wizards

Johnny Davis
Wisconsin
PG/SG

The Wizards need to improve their backcourt after cycling through a cascade of guards this past season, and are said to be scouring the league for point guard options in trade scenarios, with names like Malcolm Brogdon, Monte Morris and others being batted around in league circles. Should they elect to keep the pick, drafting an All-American like Davis makes sense, as he should be able to play an immediate role with his defensive versatility, unselfishness and scoring ability, while also bringing many winning intangibles to which the Wizards will be attracted. He would fit well alongside the ball-dominant Bradley Beal and has plenty of upside to tap into at just 20 years old. This pick is widely assumed to be available in trade talks, in exchange for a proven backcourt player.

11. New York Knicks

AJ Griffin
Duke
SF/PF

Few teams expect the Knicks to be drafting here when all is said and done. The team is said to be aggressively exploring scenarios in which they will trade down, or trade out of the draft altogether if they can land a starting caliber-point guard such as Malcolm Brogdon. The Knicks could also create enough cap room by dumping significant salary on a team like Oklahoma City, in order to go after a big-name free agent -- Kyrie Irving, for example. If they decide to keep the pick, drafting a player such as Griffin, who is arguably the best shooter in the class after making 45% of his 3-pointers, could make sense. His 7-foot wingspan gives him significant potential defensively, he's one of the youngest players in the draft and he plays one of the most coveted positions in the modern NBA.

12. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Clippers)

Ousmane Dieng
NZ Breakers
SF/PF

The Thunder are said to be aggressively pursuing trade conversations for this pick, seeking to package it with future assets or existing OKC players in order to move into the mid-lottery, with players including Jaden Ivey and Shaedon Sharpe believed to be among the potential prospects they covet. Adding another pick in this range is also said to be a possibility. If they elect to stand pat, picking one of the draft's most talented wing forwards in Dieng could make a lot of sense, as there are minutes to be had and quite a bit of potential left to tap. A fluid wing with ample size to slide to the power forward position as his frame fills out, Dieng hit his stride as the Australian NBL season progressed, flashing impressive shot-making prowess, the ability to create for teammates out of the pick-and-roll and the length and off-ball instincts to defend multiple positions.

13. Charlotte Hornets

Jeremy Sochan
Baylor
PF

Rival teams don't expect the Hornets to hold onto both of their mid-first-round picks -- adding two rookies in need of minutes and patience might not be the most attractive proposition for a team that just fired its head coach after failing to advance past the play-in game. Regardless of who is making this pick, Sochan is likely to come off the board right in this range as most teams have him graded as a late lottery-level talent, with some even having him firmly in the top 10. Sochan brings several different dimensions with his ability to defend all over the floor, pass the ball effectively and slide up or down positions depending on the matchup, while also possessing plenty of upside to grow into, having just turned 19. His feel for the game, versatility and competitiveness gives him a very high floor as well. One player who is said to intrigue the Hornets front office in a trade-up scenario (likely involving packaging both draft picks) is Shaedon Sharpe, who surprised many teams by electing to work out for Charlotte.

14. Cleveland Cavaliers

Ochai Agbaji
Kansas
SF

The Cavs will be looking to add size and perimeter shooting on the wing this offseason, both in free agency and in the draft. Agbaji, one of the best shooters in the draft with a 6-10 wingspan and chiseled frame, projects as a plug-and-play, 3-and-D prospect who should be ready to contribute immediately after winning All-America honors and coming off a national championship in which he won the Final Four's Most Outstanding Player for Kansas. Ousmane Dieng is another prospect rival teams point to as someone the Cavs are very high on, but is already off the board in this scenario.

15. Charlotte Hornets (via Pelicans)

Mark Williams
Duke
C

The Hornets can be strategic with their two first-rounders that sandwich Cleveland's pick, knowing it is highly unlikely the Cavs will take a center with two outstanding big men already in place. The Hornets have been seeking a legitimate rim-protecting, lob-catching center to pair with LaMelo Ball from the moment they drafted him, and could very well be attracted to Williams, with whom they'll be familiar with down the road in Durham. Williams led college basketball in dunks last season, won ACC Defensive Player of the Year honors and made considerable progress as a sophomore. He's an absolute game-changer on both ends of the floor with his combination of size (7-1), length (7-8 wingspan) and non-stop energy, providing a steady offensive presence with his excellent hands and finishing ability and putting a lid on the rim defensively thanks to his mobility, timing and reach.

16. Atlanta Hawks

Jalen Williams
Santa Clara
SF

The Hawks, perpetually one of the most active front offices in the NBA, are said to be exploring a host of options to strengthen their defense and better position themselves to make a playoff run next season. John Collins could be a catalyst for a major draft-day trade, potentially in a package with Kevin Huerter that would net Atlanta the No. 4 pick in the draft. Should the Hawks still be picking at this spot when the dust settles, a player like Williams makes sense, as he has the length to defend power forwards with his 7-2 wingspan, but also possessed the court vision, playmaking and shooting to be utilized as a big playmaker in college, which should provide him with the versatility to slide all over the floor for a team that has strong positional depth.

17. Houston Rockets

Tari Eason
LSU
PF

The Rockets are early in their rebuilding and will likely be looking to take swings on talent and upside, as they don't appear to be particularly close to contention. Eason is one of the most explosive and productive players in the draft, putting consistent pressure on opposing defenses with his quick first step, physicality and insatiable intensity -- characteristics that allow him to live at the free throw line. These same traits helped make him one of the most versatile defenders in the college game, a magnet for steals, blocks and rebounds who flew all over the floor in LSU's suffocating press while rotating from guarding point guards to big men.

18. Chicago Bulls

Malaki Branham
Ohio State
SG

Rival teams say the Bulls aren't in love with their options here, and they are open to trading the pick, potentially in a package with combo guard Coby White. If they stand pat, the upside offered by Branham could be attractive, as he has a strong case to be considered the most talented prospect on the board. Branham's combination of size, frame, length, scoring instincts and shot-making prowess off the dribble (44% FG%) and with his feet set (43%) look seamlessly translatable to what the NBA is looking for at his position. He plays with a unique combination of aggressiveness and poise for a player who just turned 19, and the fact that he made such impressive strides as the season moved on, facilitating more for others and showing competitiveness defensively one-on-one, gives him a high ceiling as a prospect.

19. Minnesota Timberwolves

Walker Kessler
Auburn
C

Twin Towers lineups are becoming more in vogue these days with the success teams like Boston and Cleveland had with bigger lineups this season. For a Minnesota team looking to take the next step defensively, drafting the NCAA's Defensive Player of the Year could make some sense, even if that means playing Kessler alongside a super-skilled 7-footer in Karl-Anthony Towns. Kessler is a force as a rim protector but also brings strong pick-and-roll finishing ability and even some potential as a perimeter shooter. Kessler is a steady offensive presence with his ability to catch difficult passes, hammer home lobs, finish with touch around the basket and make good decisions out of short rolls, which should make him a good fit in Minnesota's offense.

20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors)

Blake Wesley
Notre Dame
SG

With three picks in the first round, the Spurs can afford to take a swing on the player with the biggest upside possible, as adding star power to the roster is a major priority for the team. Wesley is one of the most physically gifted guards in this draft, capable of getting into the paint at will with his strong frame and explosive first step. He made strides as the season moved on both defensively and with his ability to create for teammates, and if he can continue to evolve as a shooter, he has the potential to be a real mismatch with the ball in his hands.

21. Denver Nuggets

Dalen Terry
Arizona
PG/SG

Having drafted well and being forced to play their young players extensively due to injury, the Nuggets developed some solid depth in 2021-22 that gives them good flexibility heading into the draft. Adding quality depth in the backcourt could be attractive for the Nuggets, especially a highly versatile guard like Terry who has significant upside to grow into at just 19. His length, unselfishness, feel for the game and ability to defend multiple positions could make him a viable NBA rotational player as his jumper continues to improve, and the fact that he isn't the most instinctual or hungry scorer won't be as big of an issue alongside the likes of Nikola Jokic, Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr.

22. Memphis Grizzlies (via Jazz)

TyTy Washington Jr.
Kentucky
PG/SG

With the impending free agency of backup point guard Tyus Jones, who is in line for a raise after an excellent season, adding depth in the backcourt could make a lot of sense, especially a steady-handed guard like Washington who can play with or without the ball, excels in pick-and-roll and is a strong perimeter shooter. Washington has the size and length to play in many different lineup configurations for a team like Memphis, giving him nice positional versatility to go along with his strong feel for the game.

23. Philadelphia 76ers (Nets deferred pick to 2023)

Wendell Moore Jr.
Duke
SF

The Sixers are slated to select here as the Brooklyn Nets elected to defer the pick they received in the James Harden trade to 2023. With Harden turning 33 in August and on the downside of his career from a physical standpoint, and Danny Green out for most or all of next season with a torn ACL, adding more talent on the wing could very well be a major priority for the Sixers, who don't have much in the way of future draft capital to work with to strengthen their roster. Moore has had a strong pre-draft process with excellent showings in several private workouts, helping to solidify himself as a first-round pick. The Duke product has intrigued teams with a strong frame, 7-foot wingspan, passing ability and outside shooting at only 20 years old, with more than 2,500 minutes of college basketball experience under his belt.

24. Milwaukee Bucks

E.J. Liddell
Ohio State
PF

The Bucks are said to be exploring a host of options with this pick, with names including Andrew Nembhard, Jake LaRavia, Christian Braun and Ismael Kamagate bandied about and indicating the team is exploring "older" players who can help the team win now while their championship window is open. Rival teams say the Bucks have indicated a willingness to explore moving up in the mid-to-late teens portion of the first round, potentially targeting some of the draft's best 7-footers like Mark Williams and Walker Kessler.

Beyond that, with several frontcourt players on expiring contracts or entering their final seasons, adding an All-American big man such as Liddell could be attractive. Liddell is a solid rim protector who can switch on the perimeter and improved his shooting significantly as a junior, giving him a high floor as a prospect. Liddell's productivity and toughness make him a solid option at this stage of the draft.

25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics)

Kennedy Chandler
Tennessee
PG

With three first-round picks at their disposal and a roster that is far from settled, the Spurs can afford to take a long view in selecting the best player available regardless of positional fit. After a rocky start, Chandler emerged as one of the premier point guards in the college game in the second half of the season, showing blazing speed, dynamic ball-handling and passing ability and an increasingly consistent pull-up jumper. His measurements (6-foot-1, 172 pounds with a 6-5½ wingspan) are what might keep him out of the top 20 like his talent suggests, but didn't prevent him from playing outstanding defense and leading the SEC in steals. The fact that he proved capable of playing off the ball in two- and three-guard lineups should be attractive as well.

26. Houston Rockets

MarJon Beauchamp
G League Ignite
SG/SF

The Rockets acquired this pick from the Mavericks in exchange for Christian Wood and financial flexibility. Beauchamp is the type of rim-running, elite-cutting, hard-playing wing who doesn't need plays called for him and can find his own offense alongside players such as Jalen Green and Paolo Banchero just by virtue of his energy. Beauchamp could emerge as a starting-quality player if his jumper and ball-handling continue to improve, and his defensive versatility as a long-armed wing who can check point guards through power forwards will be useful in the meantime, along with his ability to score off his hustle and instincts.

27. Miami Heat

Jaden Hardy
G League Ignite
SG

Few teams have been as successful drafting in the first round as the Heat have over the past few years. Hardy entered the year as a potential top-five pick and still has plenty of upside to tap into as a shot-making, instinctual scorer who is only 19. Adding more shooting alongside their stars should be an attractive proposition for the Heat, and Hardy has the type of scoring talent that could allow him to anchor a bench unit down the road if he continues to progress with his frame and decision-making.

28. Golden State Warriors

Jake LaRavia
Wake Forest
PF

The Warriors have some interesting young pieces in place waiting in the wings in Moses Moody, Jonathan Kuminga and James Wiseman, along with 22-year-old budding star Jordan Poole. The NBA champs could be in the market for a versatile wing-forward who can play off others, make shots from the perimeter and defend multiple positions. LaRavia, who shot 38% from 3 last season and 78% at the free throw line, brings a strong feel for the game and intriguing playmaking ability defensively. The fact that he's only 20 years old gives him some additional upside he can tap into as he continues to improve his frame, maximize his talent and become a more assertive perimeter shooter.

29. Memphis Grizzlies

Nikola Jovic
Mega Mozzart
SF

The Grizzlies have proved to be one of the shrewdest teams in the NBA the past few years in terms of using their draft capital. With a loaded roster, it remains to be seen how attractive adding another two first-round picks will be, but it wouldn't be surprising to see the team swing for the fences with a high-upside prospect to see if it can uncover another draft-day steal. Enter Jovic, who has excellent size at 6-11, a strong feel for the game, good shooting indicators and could eventually slide nicely into the role Kyle Anderson, an unrestricted free agent, played this season.

30. Denver Nuggets

Christian Braun
Kansas
SG/SF

The Nuggets received this pick in a trade with Oklahoma City last week that also provided them with financial flexibility this summer. Braun looks like a plug-and-play wing who brings lockdown defense, passing ability and excellent rebounding and is also a career 38% 3-point shooter in college. After winning a national championship and demonstrating he can do all the little things needed to help a team win games, Braun is exactly the type of role-playing, two-way wing many NBA teams are actively seeking these days.

Druga runda koga interesuje

Spoiler

Second round

31. Pacers (via Rockets)

Andrew Nembhard | Gonzaga | PG | Age: 22.4

32. Magic

Trevor Keels | Duke | PG/SG | Age: 18.8

33. Raptors (via Pistons)

David Roddy | Colorado St | PF | Age: 21.2

34. Thunder

Jaylin Williams | Arkansas | C | Age: 19.9

35. Magic (via Pacers)