Mercedes 2019

DASUBO

Izgleda da neće kaki...

Daimler CEO dismisses Mercedes F1 exit speculation

Mercedes has won the last six drivers' and constructors' championships in Formula One. Clive Mason/Getty Images

10:48 AM
  • Reuters and ESPN

World champions Mercedes are not preparing to pull out of Formula One, Daimler Chief Executive Ola Kaellenius said on Wednesday.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Autocar and the racefans.net website reported Wednesday that the subject of whether Mercedes should leave the sport as a constructor would be discussed at the next board meeting of parent body Daimler.

"Not true," Kaellenius said on the sidelines of the German Auto Industry annual reception in Berlin when asked if Mercedes were planning to leave F1.

Autocar said the next board meeting was believed to be scheduled for Feb. 12, but a Mercedes source told Reuters that was not the case.

Mercedes have won the last six successive drivers and constructors' titles, with Britain's Lewis Hamilton chasing his seventh this year in the final season before a major rules overhaul. Hamilton has been linked to a future move to Ferrari in media speculation, with the Italian team open about having had talks with him last year.

The current commercial agreement with teams and Formula One expires at the end of the year and a new deal has yet to be agreed. Mercedes also compete in the electric Formula E series and Daimler is investing heavily in electric vehicles.

The carmaker warned this month that its earnings had halved in 2019 and it faced further charges of up to 1.5 billion euros ($1.7 billion) related to diesel pollution. Autocar cited 'high-placed sources' suggesting that the decision to leave F1 was under serious consideration in Stuttgart.

Mercedes are committed to remaining as an engine provider, however, with McLaren signed up to switch from Renault to the German power units next year.

Team principal Toto Wolff is also a shareholder in Mercedes F1 and said at the end of last year that Daimler's future involvement would rely on the team making financial sense.

"I think I am the one who is responsible for the motor racing activities, but I'm also the first one to acknowledge that in times when the auto industry is changing that all activities need to be looked at," he said in November. "Formula One and motor racing generally is an activity that we believe is powerful, our core DNA. The first ever Mercedes was a race car.

"I think we need to become more efficient, I think we need to provide a solid business case. We need to reduce the contribution from Daimler into our exercise, and if we are able to achieve that, then we're in Formula One for the long term."

Mercedes will launch its 2020 F1 car on February 14.

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/28597661/daimler-ceo-dismisses-mercedes-f1-exit-speculation

Will Mercedes new sponsorship deal lead to a livery change?

The Mercedes livery has been fairly plain for the past few seasons. There is a lot of silver and a few logos from sponsors like Petronas but the car is not littered with advertisement. This could change next season after it was announced that INEOS would become involved in the Formula 1 team. 

A few months ago it was announced that Jim Ratcliff, the owner of INEOS, would partner up with Mercedes in Formula 1. INEOS are a chemical company and are also involved in cycling and sailing and the partnership will see all three areas try and help each other. 

In addition, the F1 team from Mercedes receives a financial injection. The Financial Times now reports that it is a 26 million dollar sponsorship deal but Mercedes and INEOS are yet to comment. 

Traditionally INEOS teams wear red and black and it will be interesting to see if the traditional silver livery will change for next season

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/54211/will-mercedes-new-sponsorship-deal-lead-to-a-livery-change-.html

Nema logike da gase pobednički tim. Mercedes je sa velikim trošenjem novca završio pre nekoliko godina. Sada se kupe plodovi uspeha i to može da traje još jako dugo. Zašto prekinuti kada je najplodnije?

Cifre ulaganja koje se sutra budu stavljale pred upravni odbor Daimlera su mnogo manje nego nekih ranijih godina kada se gradio tim. Ulaganje po sezoni će biti oko 100m$-€, a već imaju fabriku i ljude koji rade svoj posao najbolje na svetu. Nije ta fabrika bušan džep već najdominantnija sila u sportu koja niže uspehe, obara rekorde i donosi odličnu reklamu.

Nisu ovo godine krize u svetu ili lošeg finansijskog stanja Mercedesa pa da upravni odbor donosi ishitrene odluke i gasi nešto ovako uspešno. 

Otpuštanja u Daimleru nisu posledica lošeg finansijskog stanja kompanije već nekih drugih fatora

Edited by alpiner

On 2/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, alpiner said:

Otpuštanja u Daimleru nisu posledica lošeg finansijskog stanja kompanije već nekih drugih fatora

Da, oni se sada repozicionisu na globalnom trzistu i pokusavaju da projektuju novi imidz. Izmedju ostalog ove godine ce smanjiti prisustvo na salonima automobila sirom sveta - gadjaju samo najekskluzivnije i to uz zahtev da im se dodeli vise prostora nego ostalima, pa ko voli nek izvoli, ko nece bez njega se moze. E sad, na cega ce to sve da izadje ostaje da se vidi. Takodje, da li ce ovakav drastican genetski inzenjering uticati na trkacki program ili ne.

Ali fakat je da se danas Mercedesu F1 tim sam otplacuje ako gledamo novac od FIA/FOM i sponzorstvo.

Edited by alpiner